Colombia vs South Africa May 27th

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by crzdcolombian, Apr 14, 2010.

1. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Game Analysis

This is the great insight into Colombian football originally discovered by DaPip's wife: we pass the ball to where our guys ARE rather then where they SHOULD BE running. We never pass into space - and the three of four times we do a game are usually our few scoring opps. This is the great folly

The reality was this team didn't look all that different from the one that played in qualifying but as many others have said it was a nothing game with a semi-pro ref and these guys are all exhausted post their seasons so its not much to evaluate on.

The one thing that I did notice was that, if anything, our scheme reminded me a lot of what we were doing with Pinto when he first became coach. The lines were VERY tight together and everyone was pressing like mad - going after everything. From a coverage standpoint, I was impressed that the team played with such discipline and the defense was quite stout - but we really didn't even try to attack and we were certainly not playing much possession either.

Ospina - Solid. Stopped one penalty very well, but had to repeat due to a bad call (his left foot was on the line when the original shot was taken). Not challenged much during run of play.

Armero - Not nearly as active as I expect and he looked tired much of the game. His crossing was embarrassing.

Yepes - Got some nice touches that were called as fouls, but I thought he held up pretty well. Looks a tad slow, but playing a pace RSA team, thats to be expected.

Zapata - Fantastic. Cut off everything that came his way, forced men out into less dangerous positions.

Zuniga - Also less active than I am used to, except at the end when Pabon was giving him some overlap to play with. Some truly lazy throw ins, should be more serious with what he is doing.

Aguilar - Tried to press hard, but never really bossed the midfield as I would like and I think he can do. Needs more calm.

Guarin - Played not at his best position, didn't do all that much and was sloppy when trying to go forward.

Ramos - Appreciate that he can play upfront or on the wing. Did his job ably but if he is going to be out there he needs to be more of a passing threat and he doesn't even hint that he can cross...nicely timed run on the play that led to the pen.

Ibarbo - Didnt seem to know what he was supposed to do on the pitch. Watched the rest of the team play.

Moreno - Terrific game. He has all the skills and what I liked was the eagerness he showed to press the opponent and drop back in defense. He's learned to use his length to get by defenders and he has a deceptive glide to his pace. His decision making can be a tad slow - needs to get out of the Colombian league (where he gets as much time as he wants to make a decision) and he'll be fine. If he can get the education Ramos has in Germany, it would be ideal.

Jackson - Dropped back a lot due to the lack of volume in attack and played well with a defender on his back. Had what looked like a certain goal stopped by their keeper. Classy player.

Subs:

Rodallega - Great change of spirits when he came on. Liked his energy and had a couple of nice attempts at goal. Nice to have competition for spots up front.

Anchico - Made one nice run stealing a ball but then crapped his pants and blew the break away passing it into a defender. Don't understand how he gets these call ups.

Valencia - Didn't do much, but neither did the opposition. Think we can do better in that slot.

Pabon - Nice energy when he came on. Hope he gets more minutes next time.

Bolillo - Not a disaster. His team looked like they had a gameplan, it just didn't involve taking any risks...

2. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City

A mi se me hace que lo de los volantes, y los laterales fue pura orden de no salir a atacar, porque si vemos Zuñiga es muy de ataque en el Napoli, al igual que Armero en el Palmeiras
    Guarin, en el Porto juega muy suelte llegando mucho arriva
    Aguilar a ratos incluzo juega como volante adelantado, o atras de los delanteros.

Los 4 son muy de ataque, creo que eso fue mas de Bolillo.

3. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Interesante. Sera buscar el balance entre el orden tactico y el riesgo que debemos tomar para atacar con ventaja numerica.

4. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City

El punto, es cuando los bloquean exageradamente, si el Bolillo tranca mucho a Zuñiga y Armero, se van a ver como jugadores de la 3division de Haiti, porque estamos acostumbrados a que otras cosas con ellos.

A mi ese punto se me hace muy complicado.

Zuñiga en Italia aprendio a regresas y a marcar muy bien, apesar de que juega como volante.

Armero en Palmeiras juega como volante pero perdio el sentido de la marca.

5. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Sin duda en parte es tema tactico que Bolillo les pidio mucha cautela antes de salir de su zona.

Pero tambien tiene que ver con el estado futbolistico de los jugadores porque los centros de ambos las estaban mandando a las nubes.

Insisto - James le haria muchisimo bien a este equipo y encajaria muy bien - no para suplir a uno de estos dos, pero para contribuir al juego por la banda que ellos tipicamente no brindan . Se ha formado en un Banfield que juega exactamente a lo que busca Bolillo - presion en toda la cancha, cuida muy bien la pelota y sabe cruzar la pelota como los dioses...

6. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  7. colombianh3ro

colombianh3ro Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q27xtHbgXcU"]YouTube- John Mongrel (The Numbers Gang)[/ame]
    Don't drop the soap

8. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada

As Hobbes wrote in Leviathan, the life of man in his natural state is "solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short."

9. Munegascu06

Munegascu06 Member

May 20, 2010
    Nice (France)
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Hola a todos,
    Quiero saber si alguien tienes este partido grabados en DVD ?
    Donde se puede encontrar en megaupload o rapidshare ?

muchas gracias

un saludo

10. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    En este mismo hilo, en el post #257 (de antibolillo) aparecen dos enlaces para bajar el partido en su totalidad. Ya lo hice y la imagen esta muy buena. Aunque malongo el partido jaja

11. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    hay que agradecerle al bolillo fan todo su esfuerzo!

podemos decir que este partido fue echado a perder por el arbitraje keniano?

12. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    green rep to that

short sighted ppl only see that when the nats play!

is going to be a rough road to recovery, until game 13...of the quals, as one of the critics here state it.:p

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Si pero, nunca hicimos merito para ganarlo tampoco..

14. ColombieUSA

ColombieUSA New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

Does it make anyone else feel better that South Africa beat another good team like Denmark? And that was without the help of a bad Ref!

15. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

No.

16. ArrozConPollo

ArrozConPollo Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Boston,Ma
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

F no

WE got robbed and should have won, even with the ref we didn't play well or have enough chances on goal. Jackson had a bad game

Our goal was a PK...... we couldn't score a goal from open play

17. ColombieUSA

ColombieUSA New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

Well, I think you guys are living in a world of high expectations then. It was Bolillo's very first game as Head coach since 1998. If you were expecting us to go into South Africa and dominate them in front of 80,000 fans then maybe you need a bit of a reality check.

18. FLFootballFan

FLFootballFan Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Yep..... It's not like playing FIFA on a Playstation...........:confused:

19. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Hmm... I don't even think the balance of the forum thinks we played all that bad. Just anti-bolillo (whose name says it all) and a few others. I thought we looked alright in both games considering the circumstances but think its way early to evaluate Bolillo at all...

On the question you asked - I really only care how WE play when we're on the pitch - how an opponent does a few days later in another relatively meaningless friendly is of little impact...

20. ArrozConPollo

ArrozConPollo Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Boston,Ma
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Maybe your just a conformist

Our 5th string is better then them AND WE WERE BETTER THAN THEM .... ANY coach other than Bolillo or Maradona would have killed that team by at least 2 goals.

Colombian coaches don't give their players that killer attitude that Chile was given by Bielsa that it doesn't matter who you are playing where with what ref you are better and you will win.

Colombians are like hey its a 1st game and just a friendly take it that way. We haven't been to a World Cup in 12 years and the attitude that we still have ... it doesn't look like we will go for another 16 but thats only if we get to host. WE LACK HUNGER

1 person likes this.
  21. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Dude - lets talk in a year. If we've played without hunger consistently -OK - but these guys were playing for a new coach for the first time - you can't judge anything on 180 minutes of that.

22. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

agreed.

23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    I honestly second that!

24. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I partly aggree with this. I think with all the negative comments Bolillo has had before taking charge + that we've played the same forever (it's not THAT different from our other coaches), he had a golden opportunity to change the public opinion about him. But he had this laid back attitude. All I'm saying is colombians are desperate to see their team play good again and playing to win, and I'd like to see someone treating their friendlies with equal importance as their qualifiers. If you don't, come qualifiers you don't know where you stand.

But as other say here...let's wait and see..:cool:

25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm pretty much tired to say it, but since I'm the only person (maybe efer too :p) who support Bolillo's appointment, I really don't understand how people can jump into conclusion after 2 friendly matches. Give the man his time, if He won't bring results, I'll support to fire him also.