Colombia vs South Africa May 27th

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by crzdcolombian, Apr 14, 2010.

1. COLOMBIANDUDE

COLOMBIANDUDE Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Georgia
    how do you guys say yepes doesnt belong in the national team!? this guy has been one of the most underrated center backs of recent years. i think he should play for the national team until he retires. he is still quick, has great tackles and can go up and attack. he barely lacks anything, maybe faster but he can keep up with most. How do you guys not want a guy who that even though his career is coming to an end still has one of the biggest clubs in the world calling his name. i dont understand some of you.

2. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I aggree with the words "has been", the rest I don't know about :rolleyes:

3. ColombieUSA

ColombieUSA New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Because he just doesn't have it anymore. Most of the fouls and dangerous free kicks in the games he plays in come because of him. He also does not pass the ball as well as he used to and just looks slow. When a younger striker attacks him he either fouls the player or let's him by (like the second goal today was initiated because the player went right by him.)

4. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    i'm not going to be as critical of his performance as others, but you have to admit in recent games he is starting to get burned. He is beginning to have to rely more and more on diving than is expected of someone on a national squad. Nevertheless he is very solid and a leader and still easily one of the top defenders we have.

That being said, every game he looks a little bit worse. By the time Eliminatorias is in full swing I don't think he will be half of what he used to be. Every game we start him someone else doesn't. That means no one gets experience and he becomes the only guy we have to rely on. You can say we don't have any CB on his level but you know what? it will continue to stay that way until someone else is given chances.

did everybody forget aquivaldo Mosquera?

5. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Discrepo totalmente en que Yepes, alla bajado su nivel en los ultimos años, es más es todo lo contrario, quien lo vio jugar en el Chievo sabra lo que comento.

6. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Aquivaldo, Alexis Henriquez, Carlos Valdez, Beto Mendoza, Leiton Jimenez...In my opinion all of them deserve a chance in the NT. I don't think we played bad, we played good, attack a lot, very refreshing, but South Africa won because of the referee, nothing else. I'm very optimistic, We'll have a good NT.

7. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Aguantara la presión Yo creo que por lo menos para la copa America, los que jugaron hoy podrian ser perfectamente los 4 titulares.

8. colombianh3ro

colombianh3ro Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1 thing I noticed was why did we make changes in the last 2 minutes of the game ?

9. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I admit i haven't seen him play for Chievo more than 3 or 4 times but we are talking about the Seleccion, not clubs. I'm pretty sure most of the people who watch the seleccion, anybody on this forum, will agree that he's regressing.

10. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Perhaps Bolillo wanted to see a whole games worth of some players. Or perhaps keep some players fresh for Nigeria.

Or maybe just because he's a fool.

11. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    por lo leido aqui, creo que pocos estan de acuerdo contigo.

Ahora. un jugador es convocado por su presente en su club, al menos eso dice la teoria, por ende, obvio que la que haga en su club es importante en esta cuestión.

12. jinks

jinks New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    London, England
    Ospina - number 1, but we need someone just behind if its Rufay or whatever.

Defence - incredibly solid, ACTUALLY BOLILLO gets credit for going with Zapata in CB role as who knows Pino or Lara would have picked. Zuniga and Armero are great talents and only improving.

If Bolillo wants Aguilar in that role of holding and distributing, Id rather see Mcnelly there. Ramos was pretty strong on the wing. Gio Mo was toooo amazing even for words to describe. Jackson, Ramos and Gio, Roda did something we didnt do all WC qualifiers, BE AGGRESIVE in attack. Great talents and good times ahead.

And as said by the Caracol folk, its true the team was intent on HOLDING the ball and distributing. There was something like a 30 pass that ended up on a fantastic save by the keeper.

Yepes really needs to go away. Cant wait til we got all our other players. The nigeria game will be a great example to see if this was a one off, or we really got a kick up the ar.se we deserved.

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    alguien esta muy equivocado....

14. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    ???

15. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pathetic Bolillo praising south africa.

If you can't admit that you play bad you have to praise your opponent.

16. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    No entendi porque el quat. jajaja

17. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    someone actually suggested el beto mendoza?....:(

18. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Damn lots of you guys are critical to yepes. Sounds like an Exile of him or something. I think he was solid, most of the tackle he has done were precise and the ref was dumb to call them fouls. I also think Yepes maintained the back organized.

Players I didn't see do anything was Ibarbo, Armero(even though it was quite difficult when two people marked him) Anchico, Valencia was abit lost, Guarin didn't really have enough time.

Too me it was way to dependent on Gio Moreno. I also hope Jackson doesn't drop so much

19. ArrozConPollo

ArrozConPollo Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Boston,Ma
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bad game blame the refs all you want but we didnt make any chances with probably the weakest team we will play in a very long time and we had 2 shots at goal and again make a goalie look like a god what we did all qualifiers.

Its wow that goalie had a hell of a game but I see it as our strikers can't finish and don't have that killer instint before the PK we should have already had 2 goals. I think it was an awful preformance. G10 passed well, and dribbled well but he needed to pass to Jackson and Ramos more. there needs to be more team chemistry

20. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Didn't like Armero, Yepes, Ibarbo and Guarin.

Good job for Jackson, Roda, Gio, Valencia, and Ospina.

The others just ok

21. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  22. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Anyone heard/seen anywhere online where the game might be archived?

23. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  24. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yepes is 34 right now - he will be 36 by the time the WCQ's start up again and 38 by 2014 - like someone posted earlier, we have other CB's who are younger and can benefit by the experience. aquivaldo would be a good option in my opinion - he was the captain of the NT over the first 10 WCQ's for 2010 and did a good enough job.

thanks yepes for the memories, but it's time for us to move on with another CB.

i didn't see the 2nd half, but i liked what i saw from the new G10. i would have liked to have seen falcao, but we'll get to see falcao-G10 partner up soon enough...

at the bare minimum it was good to see our NT playing again!

25. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No se pueden sacar concluciones de un partido cuando el arbitro no sabe en que lugar de la galaxia se encuentra parado