Coaching Thread: Zemanlandia

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Would you be satisfied with the appointment of Zeman as coach?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2012.
  1. Yes

92.5%
  2. No

7.5%
  1. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least for us we'll have more then one season to make an assessment which is what worried me about the Montella links.

2. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]A man who has seen almost everything in Calcio hopefully he serves as an inspiration for up and coming managers and players.

DDR and tmontana52 repped this.
  3. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I never thought I would see his return, this is some of the best news we will ever hear. The return of the legend means so much. #EXCITED

DDR repped this.
  4. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's funny, I've been thinking about pulling off the all denim outfit too lately. haha, pure class!

5. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or hopefully Spalletti is available by then. Going from Zemen to Luciano would be orgasmic

But I'd be happy with Montella with a few years under his belt

6. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point, yeah I was thinking about that the other day as well.

3 years of Zeman getting the kids playing top class football then Spalletti comes in and puts us over the top.

7. LimeTree

LimeTree Member+

Oct 22, 2007
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
  8. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Not sure if Luciano would return as he's quite content outside Italy, but i agree...i would love for him to return.

9. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

"But playing for results is not the same as playing soccer—my teams play soccer," he said in 2009. "The way some so-called winning teams play today, it's all about the players. The managers just focus on not conceding and leave everything up to the players. Guys like [Fabio] Capello and [Jose] Mourinho are hailed as geniuses because they win. Well, they win because they have the best players, not because of what they do. I could put my dead grandfather in charge of their teams and they would still win."

Well said :cool:

Big Tom repped this.
  10. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Marcotti is really great.

My concerns about Zeman, if he were coming to Fiorentina, would be the obvious ones...

1.) Are your veterans going to work as hard as he is going to demand of them.
    2.) Are you going to be victimized by the system for having such a vocal critic of the system (and yeah... The system is Juventus) as your manager?

The defense thing is what it is. You'll score a bunch and be scored on a bunch but that wouldn't bother me, honestly. It'll be nice to have some sorta point to your guys' passing...

Anyway, I love Zeman and wish you weren't getting him.

11. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    1) we hopefully have the veterans (maybe except for Totti) used sparingly, if at all
    2) we were/are already victimised even without him

La Magica repped this.
  12. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not that concerned about this aspect though I do agree that it's been an issue for Zeman in the past. Aside from Totti and De Rossi we really aren't counting on any real veterans and it's tough to imagine either of them not being on board. If it caused some others to actually request a transfer it would probably be a blessing. At this point, all the veterans are mainly squad players who's salary could probably be better spent elsewhere.

Of course, there's the possibility that some younger players won't like it either.

Probably.

NickyViola repped this.
  13. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Def. Jumping the gun, but when Zeman calls it a day, Spaletti will hopefully be back.

Andreas and La Magica repped this.
  14. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    1.) This worries me too, I remember that the Red Star players rebelled against him in less than a month(then again, they were a sorry bunch of fat bastards who couldn't run to save their lives). But, I think that once Totti accepts a coach, the rest of Roma follows. And we all know Totti loves Zeman, so it shouldn't be a problem.

2.) Have you watched any of Roma games this past season? There isn't really much more refs could do against us, as we've experienced it all.

NickyViola and La Magica repped this.
  15. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If they try and rebel Zeman can have them run up and down the stairs a bit more.

I hope he runs the shop like a dictator. Make them sweat bohemian, I want to see them run.

16. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    The same thing from Red Star could never happen in Italy. Football in Serbia is a joke, really.

17. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That Red Star team tried to ruin him they either got sent or to get close to going down to the 2nd division.

18. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Lol, what? Red Star was never in the 2nd division, it's the most famous Serbian club, and the only Balkan club that has won the Champions Cup apart from Steaua(if you count Romania as a part of Balkan). In fact, I can't remember one time during my life, that Red Star was lower than 2nd place in our league.

19. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL so true. Also, I don't really think of Romania as Balcan. Latin based language and kind of different than everything else. I'd like to see Dracula's castle, but I hear that's a waste of time

20. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Really must of read what I read wrong i remeber they didnt do so good that season tho..

21. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Well, yeah, we haven't won the title since then, to be fair, which is pretty bad for a club like Red Star, but that has nothing to do with Zeman. Directors of the club back then sold out most of the team and took of with the money, which left the club with more than 20m in the red(which is enormous here) and with subpar players. We've struggled to beat Partizan ever since, and have only won a few Cups, which aren't really important.

22. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    ZEMAN ZEMAN ZEMAN!

I grabbed the official press release, I notice a bunch of other names in the press release, is that his technical staff? If so, any defensive guru's?

23. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Partizan!!!! Jovetic.

24. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+