Coaching Thread: Zemanlandia

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Would you be satisfied with the appointment of Zeman as coach?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2012.
  1. Yes

92.5%
  2. No

7.5%
  1. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Like others suggest in an ideal situation now would be the time to try and sign Bojan. Maybe he could be purchased with 10 to 15 million. It would probably be worth it, I think with Zeman we are going to have one of the best attacking trios in Serie A.

Unfortunately we find ourselves in a situation where 80% of our budget needs to go to defense and the remaining 20% into the midfield. In a way this is the exact situation I warned of when we went into this prolonged loan deal. We have a player in our team that we are semi dependent on. We should put up the money for him, but the season has exposed our other problems and other areas that need dire attention. Maybe it will be better next summer, but the price goes up and you never know if other problems will arise.

2. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Welcome back Zeman! I'm excited to see Zeman back and a great move for the fans....Roma have enormous potential in attack with the likes of borini, totti, bojan, lamela, osvaldo and Zeman will exploit and be in heaven with an attacking selection he now has at his disposal.

Zeman has a true cult following with the Roma fans. He brought an exciting brand of football to roma that made roma exciting and feared and gave Roma fans a true passion to follow - Bring it on Zeman - attack at will!

Viva La Roma
    Viva Zeman
    Viva L'Italia!!!!

La Magica repped this.
  3. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In a scenario where Bojan/Barca and Roma don't find a deal, I think it will be a loss but he is not irreplaceable. It is a coincidence that the Primavera has similar players like Piscitella and Caprari (if you want to still consider him Primavera) as wing forwards. I'm probably forgetting a couple of names here too

4. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't really buy into the Caprari hype, but I get your point.

5. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    But, we can always try to integrate N. Lopez gradually...Also, I'd let Caprari stay at Pescara with the hope Insigne or Immobile will leave them and he will get more playing time

6. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Right now attack is the least of our problems.

tmontana52 and zako repped this.
  7. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Take it ease. I was just trolling Juve because they hate Zeman so much.

8. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Absolutely agree...Zeman can definitely work with the current roster of attackers and get probably the best scoring record in serie A next season...Lemela, Bojan, Borini, Osvaldo, Totti plus Lopez, Tallo, Piscitella = that should be quite enough...

Defense needs complete refreshment...At least 2 CBs, 1 LB and 1 RB is a requirement (although I would go with 3 CBs and let Heinze, Juan and Kjaer all leave)...Then, we have a big gap in the midfield...But, still defense is the priority as the midfield gap can be tried to be filled with the guys like Bertolacci and Florenzi, hoping they are ready for first team action...

----------------------Stekelenburg--------------------
    ---?--- ---?--- ---?--- ---?---
    --------Pjanic---------De Rossi------------?---------
    --------Lamela--------Osvaldo-------Bojan---------

This is my starting 11 :) My subs: Lobont/Curci, Rosi, Marquinho, Bertolacci/Florenzi, Burdisso, Juan/Heinze, Borini, Totti

9. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    With Zeman I would not be surprised if you find Pjanic playing in the center of the midfield and De Rossi outside.

Also I think Heinze is gone.

10. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    or Marquinho as the left back

11. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Congrats on landing Zeman BTW. Hopefully he can bring some of that magic to Serie A. You guys have the perfect base for him to work with

12. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if this has been posted, but I so this on another website.
    [​IMG]
    It's going to be a good season ;)

Deand21594 and zako repped this.
  13. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks!!

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  15. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    With both Zeman and Sabatini, it seems our chances of landing a lucrative sponsorship deal with Marlboro are excellent.

Maybe cigarette box dug out covers like those hot dog ones Sevilla has?

16. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lol, can you advertise for cigarettes in Italy ?

17. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control precludes member states from advertising cigarettes and other tobacco containing products

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When I lived there, I don't remember seeing cigarette ads. I do remember seeing topless women in a bathtub with soap ads at 2PM and throughout the afternoon though....

Vulpinous repped this.
  19. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    By the way the most effective means of tobacco control is TAXATION...You increase taxes and there come the benefits:

1. Decreased smoking prevalence, and hence decreased morbidity from cardiovascular disease and cancer, among others
    2. Increased tax revenues which can be specifically used for strengthening the health system (although it might not be the case, if not explicitly earmarking the taxes for the specific purpose)
    3. Healthier population, hence increased workforce and and productivity as well as reduced number of days from work -- culminating in economic growth

20. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    No it doesn't, you just hear smokers complain about the price of cigarettes instead of quitting to save their money and health

21. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL

22. Barilla

Barilla Member

May 17, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just like it doesn't stop homeless people addicted to druks from spending their spare change on .....like..food, and stuff.

23. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    That's what I do :thumbsup:

24. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That perfectly does...Check country-wide statistics - not individual cases

25. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    more women in italy smoke than men....so many hot girls when I went there went from 10s to 0s all cus i saw them smoking...and dont tell them to stop thats a bad idea...