Coaching Thread: Zemanlandia

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Would you be satisfied with the appointment of Zeman as coach?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2012.
  1. Yes

92.5%
  2. No

7.5%
  1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Seriously, they can't all be bad coaches. IMHO, the players should be accountable in some capacity. Not sure why there isn't a rule in place that says you can't release players for non performance.

2. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well, when a team fires a coach... it means they are underachieving.so another team must be overachieving..

when like 10 - 15 coaches are fired each year. it means most clubs are underachieving.. and no one overachieving :D

3. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're probably right but you know the mob mentality. Someone must be sacrificed for sacrifices sake. Right or wrong.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And sadly, the coach pays for everyone's mistakes. I mean a team is as good as its players and that the coach or management puts on the field. If the coach is responsible for picking these players then I agree he should be accountable but if these guys don't run, what more can he do? Its just not right that 8 different clubs have fired the managers for poor play.

5. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't want a project that's destined for failure when we are appointing the wrong man. I don't even want a project anymore, i don't want all out attacking football! All i want is stability, THATS IT!

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A year to the date, 2-4 at the Olimpico! Ouch!

7. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Vfanculo who?

9. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Zeman :(

10. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ouch......

11. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve come to town in 2 weeks. You know how bad they're going to roll us? I'm sick thinking about it.

12. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    How do you say you like 2 serie A teams but seem like you never follow either of them or the league?

Not attacking just curious because you seem to follow San Jose pretty hard.

13. PDeGennaro

PDeGennaro Member+

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Found the use of comparisons in this comment worth sharing

The strikers are a massive problem, really. No one would be complaining if they were hitting the chances being offered to them on a silver platter. Osvalda is, well…it’s kind of like tossing him into a liquored-up Playboy Mansion as the only guy within two towns. It’s nice that he’s getting some lovin’ five nights a week, but, well…if he’s not scoring three a day, every day, he’s a ********ing failure to his gender. Percentages, man. Percentages.
    And Destro is like tossing a young kid with horrible hair who likes Rihanna into the same house – big stretch, that comparison. He just has no clue what he’s doing, but nor should he. He’s young and inexperienced. Give him time to learn in that environment with his natural talents and he’ll be Clooney 2.0.
    Lamela’s sneaking in from the house next door and when he’s in the house, he’s on fire. But when you don’t hop the fence, well…nothing happens – you don’t score. So hop the ********ing fence, Erik.
    And I think this makes Totti Heff. This made more sense in my head. - CGOVONI

Deand21594 repped this.
  14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

DDR repped this.
  15. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Zeman says he won't resign because of 1 bad game. Does he realise we haven't won a competition game since 23 december? I don't think hiring Zeman was a mistake if you look at what he has done. Some players have grown a lot because of him. Lamela, Marcos, Florenzi. As a Greek I'm also happy he gave Tachtsidis a chance and let him grow. Panagiotis has much potential but right now he's not Roma material. One thing I don't like is that he brought Goicoechea. No Stekelenburg isn't a world class goalkeeper, yes he has a bad attitude and yes he said bad things that were wrong, but he's our best goalkeeper and must always play.

In the end it's the coach who is responsible for his team performance. That isn't always fair but that's the way how it goes. It's sad but we have no other choice than to sack him. The fans are turning against him.

reality7 repped this.
  16. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    De Rossi and Stek are cancers for the team and should be offloaded, despite their past form (neither has performed well, outside a game here or there, for two seasons). Say what you want about Zeman's stubbornness, Sabatini's purchase strategy, etc, these two are clearly disrupting the locker room/team cohesiveness/morale around the club. They are not the future and as of now, hardly the present. The club needs to suck it up and get rid of De Rossi. As long as he's on the wage bill, even with his poor form, every coach will be under immense scrutiny, as will the player taking his spot, and will bring this team down. It's time to move on.

They should be frozen out away from the rest of the team until summer, and then dumped for whatever can be gotten for them.