Coaching Thread: Zemanlandia

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Would you be satisfied with the appointment of Zeman as coach?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2012.
  1. Yes

92.5%
  2. No

7.5%
  1. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't know enough about coaches and their tactics on an individual basis besides Spaletti, Ranieri, and LE, but I do know that in Italy I prefer tough defenders, and extremely fast, talented counterattackers

2. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Juve fans no doubt.

3. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Zeman does not defend first, I really don't know who told you that. It's so far off from what Zeman does and believes that I struggle to believe someone you give you that idea.

Prepare yourselves

4. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I watched that game live. Although Pescara weere sensational that night, the Vicenza defence was as pathetic as pathetic can be. It felt like the scoring would never stop. Some excellent sweeping passes though for the goals.

5. Rellum

Rellum Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Brisbane
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I didn't suggest that was how Zemans played the game. That is just the manager I would prefer to see and hopefully Zeman is that.

6. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    President of Pescara says that Zeman is coming to Roma.

7. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Tomorrow could see Zeman announced :)

Grande maestro torna da noi!

8. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As soon as we lose to Chievo 5 - 4 and to Juve 4 - 0. Most people will be calling for his head, nice bloke and all but another Enrique is exactly what we don't need.

9. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He has returned with logic and reason.

10. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    FI states that Saba has already discussed with ZZ the option of signing Davide Santon. Looks like it's official for ZZ.

11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    While his opinion might be unpopular it's not without reason. The defensive phase has never been one of Zeman's strong points. This season Pescara scored 90 goals but conceded 42, which is very high. Especially in Serie A. So under that light the Enrique comparisons can stand. However I don't think Zeman's Roma will be easily picked apart like Luis Enrique's. There won't be that useless steril possession under Zeman, where the opposition can sit and gather themselves waiting for the break. Zeman attacks quickly.

The notion that Montella is this amazingly better option I disagree with completely though. Catania's history is filled with coaches that did well there and went on to fail. Montella still has everything to prove. If he goes to Fiorentina where there is a team in ruins we will get the chance to judge him.

12. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Contrary to popular belief, LE's downfall was not as much his lack of defending, but his inability to score goals and attack the opposition's area — his possession football was the end of him.

The idea was that we would concede a fair amount of goals but we would score more than we received— We never scored that much.

13. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Baldini and Sabatini have been seen entering the legal studio Tonucci. Zeman could be made official in a few hours.

14. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Baldini and Sabatini have now left the legal studio and are heading towards Trigoria. Baldini is quoted as saying that they are making good progress.

15. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Zeman might have already signed it's now being reported that Baldini tricked people when leaving the studio. He told everyone everything was underway and they were heading to Trigoria. All the journalists then followed him to Trigoria and Zeman was able to sneak out of the legal studios almost unnoticed.

16. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Baldini will give a short interview to Roma Channel later today.

Rumors that Zeman's contract is for 1 million a year with a 1 million bonus if he brings us into Champions League.

17. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Why wouldn't they announce it right away if he has already signed? What's the point in keeping people waiting?

18. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Zeman is set to attend a celebration in Pescara tomorrow. Perhaps they figure it's better if he doesn't go as the coach of AS Roma.

19. Deini

Deini Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Holland
    This...

Although he wasn't initial my first choice I must say welcome back ZZ. Let's hope he proves me wrong and we gonna have a fantastic season next year. Hopefully the games will be more exciting. Now it's waiting for what Sabatini is gonna bring us.

20. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Baldini was just on Roma Channel and without saying it he made it clear Zeman is the coach of AS Roma. He said they had meet in the morning and there were only a few details left to deal with it. He said the enthusiasm is merited and there is no reason to believe they won't finish the deal.

My interpretation is Zeman is already the coach and out of respect for Pescara it will be announced on Monday.

zako, whill4 and Andreas repped this.
  21. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I felt our identity was gone last year with the new arrivals including the coach. It feels as if last season was a complete write off and hopefully now were going back to playing Italian calcio and not Spanish.

Henchag repped this.
  22. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lol that could be awkward

23. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Question for those who watched Pescara last season.

Does Zeman always have his players lineup with 8 on the halfway line from the kick off ?

24. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma