Coaching Thread: The Caretaker Edition

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 2, 2013.

1. SeiUnica

SeiUnica Member

Nov 4, 2012
    I feel really bad for Zeman. Even worse I feel that first player to turn back on him was Romanista, leader and unfortunately a bandiera. Someone who should understand the value and worldview of Boemo. Totti, Florenzi and Lamela were clearly the ones who followed his philosophy and results were immense.

2. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    As much as I wanted Zeman back and was excited. We all shoul dhave realized after the summer market it was designed for him to fail, not on purpose but on principle based off the players from the summer market.

Bummer.

3. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would be scared going into training.

4. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I kinda feel sad now Zeman is gone.

iGiallorossi, Oban14 and DDR repped this.
  5. Cleanaway

Cleanaway Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I hope we get new manager as soon as possible and can prepare for the next season.If we get new manager before the summer and get some games from 2012-2013 season , then i hope we have done better than our last 2 two seasons, our new season must begin now not in summer.
    I hope new coach get some games from this season and he speed-up to explore te team and he knows what he wants from summer market.(who must go and who must come in)

I think its too late to hire new coach in June.Juve-Napoli-Milan-Inter are all played together with their coaches just a year and more.If we start in summer then we have another miserable season.

Spalletti is my favourite option, but he has contract with Zenit until 2015 summer.

What you think about Blanc? I read that: For his first season on the bench, he led the club to a second place in the league and won the Manager of the Year award. His second season was extremely successful, as Bordeaux won the final 11 games of the season, setting a new French record for consecutive wins,[12] and clinched the league title, three points clear of Marseille, having already won the Coupe de la Ligue that year. Blanc was again nominated for Manager of the Year but lost to Marseille manager Eric Gerets.

I think it´s complicated to get Montella,Ancelotti,Spalletti,Pellegrini,Klopp.(they have contracts and they are succesful with their clubs) I think that Di Matteo is very realistic option and i like Silvio Pioli too. We need coach who have the ambition, not wannabes like Delio Rossi, Donadoni,Giampaolo,Novellino,Cosmi asw.

I hope that caretaker is for maximum 2 or 3 weeks. I know that the caretaker is Andreazzoli but i like Panucci or Baggio much more in this role.

What you think?

Romanista89 repped this.
  6. Cleanaway

Cleanaway Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Everyone blamed Luis Enrique that he hadn´t done anything. But i must said that i was more sad when Luis left than now Zeman has left.

I liked those possession game, and i think its more stabile nad balanced style than zeman style.With Luis second year i think that our results would have been much better.

Everyone is euphoric about Zeman´s love for young players but if we rememeber last year ...Luis used our primavera(or players who comes from our primavera) players more than every other coach in our history.
    Greco-Rosi-Tallo-Okaka-Viviani-Verre-Piscitella and they looked pretty decent!

7. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We have no Identity. No Project. No Plan.

We should have never hired Zeman :
    1. We were not prepared to deal with him as a man
    2. We were not prepared to provide him with the correct players for a 4-3-3
    3. And, we were not prepared to give him time to develop

Lots of questions and no answers. Why did Sabatini and Baldini deal with Zeman's statements regarding Stek publicly, and not behind closed doors?...were they setting him up to be fired? Why wasn't the defense built and reinforced properly....all involved knew Zeman's defense suffers. We have the worst defense in Serie A and we got Toro for free? Why not Rolando FFS, Napoli got him on loan? and Saba said no to Pogba?

I think Baldini (+/- Sabatini) have failed and it is time to completely change the sporting management.

Oban14, La Magica and Big Tom repped this.
  8. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It's like the pope died around here. Legend? Are you having a laugh? What has Zeman done to be branded a legend, come on now. Lets not start feeling sorry for him. Lets be brutally honest here and straight to the point. A manager who has won absolutely NOTHING in top flight football during his entire career and trying to play like the old Brazil in the top league was destined to fail with the players we have, even with the politics and problems amongst our players.

The man had no clue whatsoever in trying to adapt to the oppositions game, no plan B, no nothing. You know i would have loved to be the opposing manager when Zeman was in charge of us, tell your players to work hard at the back and you will probably come away with at least a point. Punish the poor flat back line and hit them hard on the counter, they have no spine, no backbone to contend with us.

I will say good luck to Zeman in the future, he will probably go back down to Serie B where he belongs

9. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Le and Zeman have nothing to do with each other. Stop making comparisons.

10. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Absolutely agree.

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So I guess Alberto Zacceheroni is a world class coach then because he won the league? Or how about Allgri who won thanks to Ibra?

come cazzo si puo vincere senza una squadra.....

falvo and DDR repped this.
  12. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    :eek::ROFLMAO:

13. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    ROSI TALLO OKAKA

What drug are you on?

14. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Names that will go down in history as achievers. Where's Zemans name on that list? One man does not win titles (Ibra) thats such a narrow minded view point. If Goi hadn't put into his own net last night then we would have won o_O

15. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Im really starting to think that these american owners are planing on flipping the club....Maybe the first year they thought ok lets make a project.....but I guess after seeing how hard it would be they decided to go with a different idea...

16. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    For what it's worth Zeman without winning anything will be remembered in Italy a lot longer than an Allegri will. Zeman is studied at Coverciano, do you think they will ever study Allegri?

sss112 and La Magica repped this.
  17. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well they are defiantly winning without him now aren't they ? I guess the guy coaching Celtic is a world class coach with all the SPL tittles he win right?

THE FACT IS THAT IF YOU COACH ONLY TEAMS OUTSIDE OF THE BIG 3 THEN YOU ARE MOST LIKELY NOT GOING TO WIN MUCH IF ANYTHING....

Also if great coaches win why does everyone want Luciano back? The only reason why he is winning in Russia is because of $$$$ and tactics.

18. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    The Zeman chapter is closed, the best thing we can do is move on and try and get this team through the season.

There's still a lot to play for.

And lets not throw the rest of the season into turmoil by holding grudges against De Rossi & Stekelenberg. We need to forgive but not forget.

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes I agree. Or how about Lippi being fired from Cesena, winning w/ Napoli & Juve then being fired from Inter , then winning a World Cup? Seriously a coach is as good as the team he has in front of him and if they don't or aren't performing up to standards, not even the best tacticians in the world will win with a bunch of underachievers.

20. Cleanaway

Cleanaway Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yes move on! But we must get the new coach as fast as possible. If we wait until summer and then hire new coach i think we are late and new season is similar fail as last and this year.

falvo repped this.
  21. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure I agree. Management needs to get their heads screwed on straight and decide what this squad is and what it isn't and what coach will best utilize our players without blowing up the squad. If that means we need to have a caretaker until summer, then so be it. Coaches will be available through sackings or otherwise and we will have the best opportunity to find the right fit. Hiring a manager now should only be done if its the right fit. The fanbase doesn't deserve another failure.

22. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    At the same time the transfer market is planned in the spring. Not hiring a coach now sets us back greatly in the summer. It will be the same situation as with Zeman where a coach arrives and is greated by the majority of moves (Destro, Castan, Bradley, Dodo) which were projected before he arrived.

Also if two summers in a row Roma was not able to hire their first and second choice coaches what makes you think this summer will be any different?

23. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Zeman is studied? If i wasn't confused before i certainly am now. So let me get this straight, Zeman's philosophy of football is actually studied and it hasn't brought him any success whatsoever in ANY top flight game? This makes it even more ridiculous. I'll take Allegri's Serie A title before i take this so called Zeman philosophy on football. After all, at the end of the day isn't the goal of football clubs to win trophies and succeed, it was the last time i checked.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  24. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Destro might benefit for a change.

If we play 2 strikers with a player in the hole he might be the beneficiary.

Also it would be nice to see us try 3 at the back.

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Zeman uncovering the "farmacie" at Juve in the late 90's will have surely prevented him from getting on with a bigger club.

La Magica repped this.