Coaching Thread: The Caretaker Edition

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 2, 2013.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It would only be a caretaker solution until May.

2. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    :( bye-bye Zeman :( He will always remain a positive memory for me, even for this season...

3. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    We still have a chance to win a trophy, why get a guy who is I'm pretty sure unable to do such a thing?

4. reality7

reality7 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Zeman is a mad coach. I still cant believe he played an unkonown Greek under 21 instead of DDR. Didnt matter that DDR was crap, collecting reds and has a bad attitude. The fans like DDR and Zeman put two fingers up to the fans when he only gave DDR about a 1000 minutes in all comps this season. DDR also loses his value every game he doesnt start. That was Zeman´s death warrant right there. It was signed by Goia and Dodo being allowed to play football at Roma.

One thing I can say about Zeman, he has balls. Roma is an example of a terribly run club from top to bottom. I know Serie A is not what it once was, but the players you have, how much they are worth and the how they are coached, the result is pathetic.

I think the next coach can guarentee at least 6 months at the club by starting DDR first game he is in charge and sending Goia, Taxi and Dodo away.

5. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoever the next coach is, he has to be tactically flexible. He has to implement a system around the players we have. Management has to get this right. They better think long and hard about it.

Capitano_10 repped this.
  6. reality7

reality7 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    I dont think so ^^. As I said I think Roma fans can stomach defeat to an extent, they have had years of practice in this department, but they cant stomach DDR on the bench. Roma has massive holes in the squad, most coaches will struggle to get conisistent results. What is important at this minute is the next coach gets the fans back by playing DDR and dumping the unwanted Zeman children. Take it from there.

7. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't see how what you said contradicts what I said. DDR and Stek must play. But the tactics have to be flexible to the opponent we are playing.

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm sure any capable manager can coach through a coppa italia. Bruno Conti, who didn't even have a coaching license guided the 2004-2005 Roma to the final of that tournament and there were 4/5 coaching changes that year and things were just as bad, if not worse. Anyway whomever its is, he couldn't do that much worse.

9. reality7

reality7 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    You are saying that you believe the next coach has to be tactically flexible.

I dont.

I believe as posted above:

As I said I think Roma fans can stomach defeat to an extent, they have had years of practice in this department, but they cant stomach DDR on the bench. Roma has massive holes in the squad, most coaches will struggle to get conisistent results. What is important at this minute is the next coach gets the fans back by playing DDR and dumping the unwanted Zeman children. Take it from there.

10. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing in that paragraph says anything about tactics other than playing DDR. So I say again, you don't contradict anything I said.

EDITED to Add:

If we can't get Blanc, then lets just have a caretaker until May. Coaches will be freed up and we won't be hurried into a choice. It will also give management time to reflect on where this squad is going.

11. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Poor Zeman, this club never deserved Zemanlandia.

I think the next coach has to adaptable at this point, two coaches who insisted on the 4-3-3 have got to have shown the management it's not going to work that easily, we need someone that understands how to implement multiple systems.

What's the bets DDR magically recovers form?

12. Deini

Deini Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Holland
    I don't see Alberto De Rossi taking over simply since he don't want to coach a first team.

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd love this guy.....but that's just me!:D
    [​IMG]

14. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I rarely post here, due to a number of reasons, but this I cannot resist. Zeman was doomed to fail and proved it - Baldini a big head and way off the ball, he's proved it. Sabatini can't make a proper team, he's proved it. A terrible state of affairs.....although everyone saw the indications a long time ago.

15. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I blame mickey mouse

DA ITALIAN repped this.
  16. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Ci mancava solo questo finto romanista. Goditi il tuo momento ... merdaccia.

17. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Read that the deal with Blanc collapsed. Now what?

18. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Jokes aside there was a complete inversion after than trip. Before the trip it seems like things were going on the up and up. Upon returning a total u-turn.

19. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    New caretaker manager

[​IMG]

He looks like an army Sergeant,he might whip the lads into shape :laugh:

20. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Carlo Mazzone has come out in the defense of Zeman. He says that everyone know of Zeman's benefits and negatives, even before hirring him. That they needed to have patience with him, and that in his opinion Zeman was not responsible for the situation that had been built up.

La Magica repped this.
  21. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He's been with Roma since the Spalletti days. This is a decision to make the players happy. It's someone they like. Hopefully he is only in this position for a few days. I don't think these spoiled brats should get off so easy.

Big Tom repped this.
  22. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its sad a legend like zeman got treated like this :(

La Magica and iGiallorossi repped this.
  23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This love affair with DDR is ridiculous the guy does nothing to deserve his high wages other than being roman born.

Rossonero23, iGiallorossi and shiboboo repped this.
  24. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Hopefully he can go back to a small club like Pescara and do what he does best again. At the end of the day Zeman needs to surrounded with a team who truly believes in him and is willing to go to the end of the Earth for him. It was never going to happen here, we have player who want to dress like actors.

Henchag and shiboboo repped this.
  25. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I agree, why I said it. We were the only one of the top teams this year to go on a trip and we have had the weakest January of pretty much every team in the league.

Like I have said all week, I blame everything right now on everyone from the fans in the stands to UniCredit.