Coaching Thread: The Caretaker Edition

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 2, 2013.

1. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Don't get me wrong, I love Totti definitely not less than any of you, but for the sake of future, playing Totti does not offer the club any good (I don't mean immediate results, but the prospect of the club) other than his own personal records....Then you propose benching Lamela and playing Totti? Let Erik mature, and bring of our Captain for the final 15-20 minutes even every single game if you want until he retires...

2. lb961

lb961 Member+

Jan 25, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma

3. lb961

lb961 Member+

Jan 25, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    lamela is a winger not a trequartista. ure re-inventing him in this formation. he doesn't have the passing or the vision to play that role. great dribbler, but not the man you are looking for. currently the only options we have for trequartista are totti who played.this role before.but lacks.the stamina to do it 90 mns all games. and pjanic who have passing skills but seems.better crossing from the wing. my two cents.

4. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    With a name like Blanc I can see why he dislikes black players. ;)

5. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    The last team he coached was Livorno in the Serie B. And failed.

6. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The club is still trying for Blanc and working on meeting his requirements. Giampaolo has given his disposability and is willing to accept a 4 mount contract as a caretaker until the end of the season.

Andreas repped this.
  7. bingos

bingos Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Lamela is not a winger really, he played trequartista in Argentina. But playing him behind strikers can work only if someone convince him that soccer is a team play. Otherwise he will be exactly like Menez. Dribbling alone till stopped, just like he does most of the games. Yes, he had improved his attacking and scored 10 goals, but he is a very egoistic player. For me he is a disappointment, despite his goals. He has a lot of talent, but he never will really make it, if he continues to play only for himself.

8. lb961

lb961 Member+

Jan 25, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    i totally endorse ure formation as it is the only one capable of supporting our midfield and strengthening our defense with the lack of quality CD's. 5-3-2 defense and 3-5-2 attack. the only problem i have is with florenzi as a DM. he never played this role. bradley seems more adequate. of course All this is TEMPORARY until transfer market reopens. when life gives u lemon u make lemonade...

9. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It's just a suggestion, as is the case with Totti I think the formation leaves you open to slot in any players on our roster. My idea was a combination of two players in the middle good in covering with one of them more prone to going forward. Hence Florenzi with Marquinhos as an alternative, while Bradley is an alternative to De Rossi. However given our fragile mental state perhaps De Rossi and Bradley would be an even more cautious approach. My personal opinion is that Florenzi is already on the same level as Bradley and has the opportunity to become a much better player than him. So I also prefer to try and field him for those reasons, an effort to continue to try and build the Roma of the future.

10. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The irony is that if not the stupid defensive and GK errors that has nothing to do with Zeman tactics and unexpected even from "untrained" but professional players, as well as loss of accuracy/luck in attack, Zeman could have challenged for Scudetto rather than being sacked by the club...

just 5 wins instead of 5 losses (and you can easily find these 5 games that we should have won rather than lost, including the ones against Bologna, Udinese, Chievo...), we would have joined Juve as the leaders of championship....

But....

11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This team could have never challenged for the scudetto, please stop promoting this stuff. Never! Not with Zeman and not with Mourinho.

Andreas repped this.
  12. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Giampaolo seems more and more likely :(

13. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I just made an assumption that if....then...and the reasoning behind was quite realistic, as we were fully on top of the opponent in those games and still managed to lose, because we could not finish the easiest of the chances but made the silliest of the mistakes in defense...heck, even the derby we lost because of Goicoechea and Piris...

14. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Just bring Baggio then, the season does not really matter (and we are safe from relegation), so at least I'd like to see one of my favourite players (who has sadly never played for us) at least share our colours as a coach :)

Barilla repped this.
  15. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    In an ideal world it would be Spalletti but of any other choice Guilolin, I dont care it it cost them money

16. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Zeman officially fired ...

17. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This was the news i was hoping for today. About bloody time.

18. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The team will be temporarily coached by Aurelio Andreazzoli, one of the technical collaborators inside the club.

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I feel bad for Zeman.

iGiallorossi, Andreas and Big Tom repped this.
  20. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grazie Zeman. Have no hard feelings what so ever towards him.

And I don't think jumping into a 4-2-3-1 or a new 4-3-3 with a new coach midseason is a good idea like some are suggesting. This is the time to play conservative and grind out results.

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So much for this.....
    [​IMG]

22. Generic Roma Supporter

Aug 18, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You know our team is at a pretty low point when we change our manager every season....

23. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    All the best Zeman.Thanks for some great moments of football this season,shame it didn't work out.:(

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He'll probably go back to Pescara next year as they love him there.

They are saying it will be Marco Giampaolo, (De Rossi padre, Tovalieri, Sella) or (Panucci or Giannini).

I'd love to see il principe Giannini get the nod only I read once he was semi illiterate. Not sure if he could read the tactics. :D

25. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Why the ******** would we sign such a loser, even for a few months?