Coaching search catch-all

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by JasonMa, Jan 4, 2014.

1. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO

I just want to make post #1000 in this thread!

MrPerfectNot, COMtnGuy and JasonMa repped this.
  2. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could careless about what happened between Pablo and Oscar and Bravo. Pablo is the new coach. Bravo has a new title and OP is in Dallas. That's all I need to know. All that crap, if true, is in the past. Time to move on. A new season and era has begun. A new era wasn't anticipated this off-season but those were the cards that were dealt.

Stuart95 repped this.
  3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised the Zero didn't take the opportunity to take a shot at my Dawg picture...

4. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    Who is the Zero?

5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Rod1916 (Oregon grad)

jayd8888 repped this.
  6. Bridgeman

Bridgeman Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2006
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like OP had it in for Pablo from back when they were opponents on the field. Pretty petty for a head coach. I'm glad he's gone. Good fricken riddance!

7. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Too busy watching the Ducks win their first game in the NCAA's. :)

JasonMa repped this.
  8. COYP

COYP Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did buff bullocks 2 just claim his source said we interviewed Dom Kinnear. That is impossible. He made over 250k in 2007. Not near our range. Second you expect us to believe that late in the season Houston gave is permission to interview their head coach and he was interested.

Don't believe everything you are told

COMtnGuy, railwaystand and JasonMa repped this.
  9. COYP

COYP Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The disparaging comments about Pareja is annoying as well. I've seen the Rapids do this with other players. If you don't want to speak to the media fine. That is the Rapids choice but to continuously slag off people through selective leaks to try and manipulate opinion is really unprofessional.

COMtnGuy, railwaystand and JasonMa repped this.
  10. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Sounds like Pablo acted like a primadonna as well. Not sure who was more unprofessional. That's assuming the story, and especially the details, are accurate. Front office brass not willing to step in and make these two act civil seems a bit unsettling too.

JasonMa repped this.
  11. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Meanwhile, CU's basketball team played like their football team.

12. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    go to hell

13. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Hey, it's the truth. They got destroyed. I root for them, but don't see the point of glossing over it.

14. wilyZ

wilyZ Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    doesn't pablo speak fluent spanish? you'd think he would have been amongst the group of players receiving preferential treatment. also, i really hope the bit about the coaches is bullshit, because if we really turned away experienced, qualified managers because paul bravo was afraid he wouldn't be relevant anymore, then this club is an absolute joke from top to bottom

COMtnGuy repped this.
  15. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This … all this did was increase my loathing of FCD. Glad Pablo has the job.

16. Bridgeman

Bridgeman Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2006
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pablo was the team captain. If what was said is true OP was just knocking him down a peg to establish himself as el jefe. A real leader doesn't need to do that. You garner respect by showing respect. He probably already knew he wanted Thomas in Pablo's position which is fine. There are better ways to handle it. I Don't blame Pablo for being pissed especially when no one wanted to help resolve the issue. Sounds like he went thru proper channels and was rebuffed because OP was their guy. He had to get out to keep from totally fracturing the team which I'm sure he could see coming. That's leadership. Apparently the players have welcomed him back. That's all I need to hear.

17. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IF the story posted is true (which I've already posted my skepticism about) I actually don't have an issue with Bravo stepping out from in-between Pablo and Pareja. Bravo can't get involved there (at least not right away) without pissing off either his team captain or his coach, the two of them needed to solve the problem.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  18. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    IF the related account is true...

...what makes you think this was Bravo's call? The FO has consistently backed Bravo as being responsible for scouting and player acquisition. IF the related account is true, what this part of it might be getting at is the FO wanted to make sure they didn't run into another Gary Smith problem.

19. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Several things in the (revisionist hi)story smell sort of funny and it seems to be told with a Pablo-is-the-coach-now P.O.V. because no where is there any mention of the concussion, not really a concussion, but still serious hiatus and return at what most would not have considered to have been as the 'full speed ahead' destroyer we all know and love.

20. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we really need any "new" information to say that Pareja was a worthless little welp? I would have hoped most people surely would have (finally) figured that out by now.
    This.

22. SoccaJ

SoccaJ Member

Colorado Rapids
    Jun 25, 2007
    Firestone, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. COYP

COYP Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. Stories like this do raise some questions about Pablo's absence and the rumors going around at the time.

24. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe get Richard Sherman to talk to the team? :D

25. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't necessarily subscribe to that thought. These guys are professional athletes (or have been in the Bravo's case) they shouldn't need a Rudi-esque mentality to over come deficiencies. They should have self belief, self realization, and self discipline within themselves to recognize and eventually overcome deficiencies. It shouldn't come down to creating that Rudi-esque behavior and/or train of thought --- motivation, if you will. The power to overcome should be engrained naturally not artificially. I've never been a big fan of "playing with a chip on your shoulder". You end up playing for me not we. I believe the Rapids do lack some leadership on the pitch (aside from Moor) but what they don't need is a leader blowing smoke up their butts saying "you can do it" --- essentially a "Rudi". They need a guy who puts to them straight and is action oriented instead of a rallying point. Just my two cents. Some will agree and some won't. ;)

Dom. FC repped this.