Coaches Hot Seat - 2013 Version

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by *Oracle*, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Mark, what are you hearing about how Tim McClements managed to keep his SMU job?

2. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    I think that time will tell on that one....that may still be a story to tell....let me ask a couple of questions....I think it comes down to money and the lack of a donor or donors willing to pay to change. He may of simply just talked his way into one more year....

3. SuperSoccer1978

Barcelona
    Nov 24, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Does any know what happened in Jacksonville because the previous coach was only there for about a year, and JU didn't release anything.

4. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
    Is there a hot seat for 2014 coming up ?

unnamedsource repped this.
  5. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this year, to my recollection, had one of the fewest numbers of vacancies that I can remember (I've only been paying attention for the last 5-6 years, that is, where I seek out to see this stuff). A few of the California schools, a couple here and there, and that was about it.

Well, Howard must have a lot of candidates or a tough decision to make...still no coach there.

unnamedsource repped this.
  6. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    So, Loyola puts out an Advert for a men's assistant position and the qualifications listed are higher than for the Head Coach they just hired?? So the new Head Coach cannot apply for this job! Go figure...

ASSISTANT MEN'S SOCCER COACH - Loyola University Maryland is seeking an assistant coach for Men's Soccer. The successful candidate should have previous college coaching and recruiting experience, knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations, as well as USSF and/or NSCAA coaching qualifications.

7. I Love the game

Jun 20, 2005
    Yes, I agree with you. There was obviously something going on there. That hire is a joke from a qualifications standpoint. You can tell me all you want about his connections in the area but NO COLLEGE COACHING EXPERIENCE is the bottom line. He does this, he knows that, his HS team is unbelievable, he coached high school for 90 years, his club teams were the best every year, they won the national championship every year he coached, blah ,blah, blah,. So what is your COLLEGE COACHING EXPERIENCE?
    I'm with you on this one Eddie K.

8. No shinguards

No shinguards Member

Mar 21, 2008
    The Moon
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, Loyola puts out an Advert for a men's assistant position and the qualifications listed are higher than for the Head Coach they just hired?? So the new Head Coach cannot apply for this job! Go figure...

I actually think He will do well here.. Lets give him as much benefit of the doubt as extended to Mr Embrick in Akron..... lets re-visit after 2 years.. and then again after 4 years....to measure the results...

9. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Yes. And Mike Brizendine and Tim McClements are already on it.

10. 24Seven

24Seven Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Richard Mulrooney officially named HC at Memphis.

Sandon Mibut and Hararea repped this.
  11. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    With one season as an assistant college coach, it's obvious his pedigree as a player - 12 MLS seasons, 3 MLS Cup titles, 14 caps with the national team.

He's a local guy and arguably the best player to come out of Tennessee ever, and he's obviously well known in the local community.

It will be interesting to see how this translates as a college head coach.

EDIT: Here's the official release.
    http://www.gotigersgo.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/022514aab.html

24Seven repped this.
  12. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
  13. FLaves

FLaves Member

Oct 25, 2011
  14. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven

He will do well...Memphis has an image problem with getting big time players to go there...RM should be able to fix that...

15. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven

As Richard Reese is a former Texas guy...I can attest that this is a great hire. He will be very helpful in keeping Clark on point on the tactics etc...players love him and he has great ties in the Seattle scene. Clark just keeps proving that he knows what he is doing...hiring smart people. I think he will get to two titles before anyone else in the Pac 12 gets to one...as a head coach.

16. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    ETSU is looking at a VCU assistant, John Murphy (formerly of Clemson), and a West Coast guy...but this info is filtered at best....anyone else have any clarity?

17. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Adding to the Hot Seat list always implies that AD's care...and a good portion still do not. And until NCAA DI MSOC is a revenue stream at a school then "Not causing waves" will be fine.

18. backupbackup

backupbackup Member

May 9, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I feel as though he will handle the soccer part of coaching just fine. Its the off the field stuff and the rules and regulations that an assistant with college experience will be beneficial.

19. jiggaman123

jiggaman123 Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Anyone hear the Shaun Docking from Coastal Carolina Rumor ? He is going on campus at Etsu ?

20. Carolina Shamrock

Carolina Shamrock New Member

Apr 23, 2012
    FUNNY...why would he leave Myrtle Beach for Tenn? Hhahah. Thats funny. Just a rumor, no truth what so ever!

21. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    The ETSU facility is better.

22. jiggaman123

jiggaman123 Member

Jul 2, 2008
  23. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Maybe he really likes the mountains.

24. JoeSoccerFan