Clubs of all sizes... wee and humongous - OTT [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by pgr17, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Got to love how Liverpool\Rogers will defend anything Suarez does, because they are afraid of upsetting their only half decent player.

Blatant deliberate handball.

2. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    BBC Sport@BBCSport
    Fifa World XI: Casillas, Alves, Marcelo, Pique, Ramos, Iniesta, Alonso, Xavi, Ronaldo, Messi, Falcao

real/barça + falcao. would have chosen lahm over marcelo, hummels over ramos, yaya or pirlo over alonso.

3. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    nice try. SirM deems you not fit for a personal reply.

Be Gone, Peasant!

4. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gutted.

He's probably off watching another french art house movie.......if his head isn't to far up his own arse that is.

googoo repped this.
  5. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    nice try guyz your not going tto get my attention THAT way/

i bet at school you beat up kids who you perceived to be smarter than you too lol

6. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's never perfect but most choices are spot on.

I would remove Falcao, Pique, Alonso, Alves, and Marcelo and include Ibra and Hummels, Pirlo Pizszcek and Alba. Everything else is fine.

benni... repped this.
  7. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    oh i think buffon had a better year than cassillas too.

8. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Casillas was very good, especially in latter stages of CL and EC and it's hard to take away La Liga and Euro Cup trophy. I think that should count to a degree and with it he edges it out.

9. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Stoch with Goal of the Year.

Should have been Falcao.

10. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Messi wins it again.

Rightfully so.

Ronaldo's face....priceless.

11. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I know I did. Zero beatings were dished out.

Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  12. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    actually thought iniesta was not too pleased.

on another note, i wish messi would take the challenge of playing for another team in another system at least once in his career.

13. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Difficult to believe neither ref nor Lino saw it

Why would rogers lie about what 4th official said?

To easy for him to be caught in such a lie?

14. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    also wondering what more iniesta could have done. unlike messi and ronaldo, he was able to shine on the int'l stage as well and proved to be far more flexible in terms of positions and systems in which he could thrive.

15. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No Barca or Spain defenders should make the list. I am torn over Falcao vs Ibra.

16. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I see that as just another point to subtly criticize him. He doesn't need to. Why would he? We see what it could be like with Argentina. We know that in order to get the best out of him things have to be arranged to him to thrive. It's the same with most players.

As long as Messi is around and thriving it's hard to imagine other players getting these awards. He's that good. Iniesta has a brilliant year. So did Ronaldo. So did Falcao and Ibra. Messi was just better.

To really beat Messi, for Ronaldo who comes closest apparently, he will have to win a treble and be at the heart of it while Messi should have a distinctly quiet year than his previous, with maybe a two month long injury or so, and also with Barcelona not winning much. Bad start to the year though for that.

17. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Better numbers.

18. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ramos was best overall defender in 2012. Won La Liga and EuroCup in which he was best defender. Leftback is tough because nobody was incredible as midfielders or attackers and Marcelo missed half the year. Alba is most consistent performer and won EC with standout performances.

I would only pick Ibra over Falcao because he was top scorer in league and was excellent at Euros. Performed well on three platforms during 2012. Close though.

19. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    really?! goals and assists don't even begin to tell the story on iniesta. he was the better player for me last year.

20. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You asked.

21. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do you really think so?

No way. Just no way.

22. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    that's nonsense to me. that's nonsense to me. the narrative is making the gap between cristiano and messi wider than it reallys is. messi didn't win anything last year and the goal tally was 77 vs 71 at the end of 2011/12. not saying cristiano had a better year per se but it was close.

and that's kinda why football awards are a bit of a joke to me, even though messi IS the best player in the world: people vote based on things that have nothing to do with the pitch and/or things that happened in previous years (the legacy awards).

and it's not just messi, ramos and alonso have no business on a world xi in 2013. yaya was immense last year (not so much this year) in city winning their first league in ages, and pirlo was magnificent for juve and NT.

23. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    i do but i won't criticize anyone for giving it to messi, he's the best player in the world. however, i thought iniesta was making barça and the NT go. he's just a fantastic player that is getting constantly overlooked. i'd like to see him in another team too but just so that he could be fully appreciated, he's simply unplayable regardless of tactics or position.

24. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    gerrard voted 1- messi 2- ronaldo 3- xabi alonso. :) cheeky

25. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    You can't base individual awards on team trophies won.

benni... repped this.