Clube de Regatas do Flamengo, Parte V [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Imperador3, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He said No when we didn't meet his salary demands. He has lowered that.

2. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    The Diego proposal was shot down, and Juan agrees to go to Inter. Que Mais?

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Too good to be true.

4. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    [​IMG]

Good job Patricia and the rest of the board! F****** joke! Failed every try to bring a good player to the club.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I could care less about Neves or Kleber. Sure, Thiago has quality, but he always wanted to be at Flu. I think Kleber is overrated, to be quite honest.

Diego was pricy. I don't really care either way. Losing Juan is what really hurts and not going after some of the names that were out there -- Seedorf, Forlan, Rafael Toloi, etc..

6. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neves did a good season with Mengo and Kleber is a good striker. But I don't care that much about the specific players either. The problem is that we need some quality players. We need a good central defender, as well as a good offensive midfielder and a striker. But our useless management didn't sign any.

I look at the squad and just wonder if it's Flamengo or Atlético Goianiense or something. We probably have the worst squad of all big clubs in Brazil at the moment.

7. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I believe Riquelme will pubicly decide where he wants to go on Tuesday.

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    rumors are Riquelme could be headed back to Villarreal.. lol With the way Flamengo have done things recently, I won't be surprised if Flamengo end up missing out on him too.

Now whose left out there?? Robinho will be packing his bags from Milan soon.. and theres always the Chinese based players like Muriqui and Conca.. lost out on Obina to O Verdao.

9. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well there are plenty of players out there.

We need at least 3 quality players to be able to fight for the higher places. But I guess we should be happy if we can get one with this useless board that runs the club.

10. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I cant wait til Leo Moura comes back next week. This fullbacks have been f'n brutal to watch.

And Fla might be fielding the weakest attack in the entire league today.

Edit: and Hernane just shut me up :D

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Don't celebrate too quickly..

12. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Luiz Antonio :mad:. This games over.

13. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    GOOOOOOLLLLLL! Well, I dont know about that penalty, but I'll take it! Hernane has played pretty well today. I'd like to see him stay as a titular.

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Definitely a bailout PK. It's hilarious that we couldn't get a SINGLE PK last year, even numerous legitimate calls were ignored.

This year, we've had 2 or 3 BS PK calls in our favor...

15. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not a convincing win IMO.

Why did Ramon get subbed off for Magal? I missed a little bit of the game during that part. I think he started the game well. Much better than Magal have been so far this season.

As this season is going it looks like Renato Abreu will be our artilheiro. We're only scoring from FK's and PK's :confused:

16. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    He went down with an injury, not sure how serious it is. I thought he played well also for his 1st game. Unfortunately he is out for the next game no matter what. Signing stipulation from Corinthians.

They were lucky to get a win against a horrible team. Hopefully Leo Moura and Caceres make a difference. But it still doesn't offset the GLARING need for a playmaker and another zagueiro. I feel for Vagner Love. If he had a capable #10, I can def see him getting the scoring title.

17. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Sad statistic: 1st win in an official match away from home in 11 games (9 months).

18. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hopefully it's nothing serious with Ramon.

Good news is that Leo Moura might be back against Corinthians, we need him since Luis Antonio that played RB today got sent off. Marcos Gonzalez might be back too.

Cáceres starts training with the rest of the group tomorrow so he might be able to make his debut against Corinthians also.

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Airton was very good today IMO. Hernane was decent and Arthur Sanches actually had a decent showing. I'm still curious about Thiago Medeiros, who was one of the top CBs in the Carioca. Chances are he amounts to nothing, but you never know. Dede was the same way.

I didn't like how Joel used Adryan today. He was static on the left, when he should have been allowed freedom to roam.

20. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    For how bad Flamengo has been, they're only 1 point out of the last Libs spot.

Does anyone know when the transfer window ends?

21. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Unfortunately it's a short break, the game is on wednesday.

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ramon was subbed off because of diarrhea by the way..

23. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I heard something about Diego Mauricio on the verge of transferring to some eastern European team... anything on him recently?

24. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Haven't heard anything about players leaving, but it would make sense as the team could cut a lot of excess. I just wish it was Deivid.

Zinho pretty much said that Riquelme wont happen. He also said they are discussing a lot of other options but dont want to make them public, because of what it does to the negociations. He did mention 2 other argentinians that could possibly come: Diego Morales and another name that I forgot. But said they are toward the end of their want list.

I also think they made the right decision on Juan. It looks like he wanted a longer guaranteed contract than what Fla offered (1.5 years with another year added on if he played in 70% of the games). Seeing as he wanted a large salary, I wouldnt bend over backwards for 33 year old defender that wants a 3 year high salary contract. What I dont understand AT ALL is how they can't find ANY CBs at all. They obviously have the money to buy one. So why not look elsewhere rather than a 33 year old. There are no established and talented CBs in all of South America that want to play at Flamengo!? I find that extremely hard to believe.

25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol name some