Clube de Regatas do Flamengo, Parte V [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Imperador3, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I like Airton. He was very important in our 2009 campaign. He helped solidify a backline that was previously struggling. He has been battling injury and poor form this year, but he does have quality. Honestly, we don't have another DM on the roster that plays deep, protects the CBs and wins balls other than Maldonado (and now Caceres). Muralha is better suited for the position Luiz Antonio plays.

Like I said earlier, Renato is useless other than his FKs. He doesn't mark, he adds nothing in the passing game, etc. Unfortunately for us, every coach that takes over always plays him and almost never subs him out of a game. Extremely frustrating.

2. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Hey Mengao. I always value/enjoy your input. If you have the time you should post more often about the team, players and what you think.

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  4. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Did ya read the new article about Levy travelling to Germany to talk with Wolfburg and Diego. The guy wants almost as much as Ronaldinho made per month. This team is run like its a video game.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I read that about a week ago. I would take that with a grain of salt. Levy went on many trips before and came up empty handed (See last year when he tried getting Vagner Love).

I honestly do not know why Flamengo did not make a run at Seedorf. His wife is a flamenguista and he had already declared in the past that he admired the club. He would have been a great fit here for a much cheaper price than Diego. We were linked to Ederson a while back, but he made a move to Lazio. I honestly don't see anyone on the market right now that's feasible for us to sign. We were linked to two Argentines, but we already have a bunch of foreigners now -- Cáceres, González, Bottinelli, Maldonado (should be released after signing Cáceres IMO for some salary relief). At this point, I would rather pick up Roger who was released from Cruzeiro on a free and play either him, Bottinelli or one of the youngsters.

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Flamengo have yet to find a solution for their backline. Who will be the long term CBs and RBs.

7. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    One of the best defenders ever IMO. Huge personality also.

[​IMG]

Em sua primeira visita ao Brasil, o ex-jogador Lilian Thuram, Campeão do Mundo pela França, fez questão de visitar o Flamengo.

"Se eu tivesse nascido aqui ou se morasse aqui, seria torcedor do Flamengo. Sei que é o clube de futebol mais popular do Brasil, é o clube do povo."

8. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Long term, I have no idea IMO, Leo Moura and Gonzalez have spots locked up if we are talking about this season and next. Moura until his body gives out. Ramon, who I'm not too familiar with is a recent signing for LB. I'm not sure what is expected of him, but he's got to be better than Magal.

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's about the only time I can look at him and not cringe. I still have nightmares about that day in France...

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Léo Moura probably still has a couple more years in him. His fitness is great, but he's starting to get hurt more often. What sucks is when he goes down, we don't have a suitable backup. There's a couple of interesting names we should look at in the Brazilian market (last year, I wanted Bruno Vieira from Figueirense who ended up at Flu).

I haven't been impressed with the names that have been thrown around for CB. I too was hoping Lucio would return to Brazil. Internacional was going after Naldo from Werder Bremen. He would be interesting, if his salary isn't ridiculous. I just don't have much hope with signings from this front office.

Ramon was solid when he was at Vasco, but that was when they were in the second division. He hasn't really played much at Corinthians. Surely, he can't be any worse than Magal. It would even be nice if they could rescind Egidio's loan to Goiás and bring him back. He started to play well for us early in the Brasileirão last year and then Luxa loaned him out after we signed Junior César. I heard he has been impressive for Goiás thus far. Leftback is clearly the hardest position to fill in today's market. It's extremely difficult to find quality players.

11. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just now I saw that you posted about Thuram before haha.

Talking about CB I think Emerson from Coritiba is really good, at least the games I've seen him play. And I agree about the LB position, it's extremely hard to find nowadays.

12. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Everyone in Brazil signing big names nowadays except Fla. And it's not just any big names, most of them are or will make a difference for their teams.

Hopefully we can sign Diego, he did well for Atlético Madrid last season.

When are the club elections? do we know the other candidates yet? Patricia needs to go ASAP!

13. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Volkswagon to pay half of Diego's wages in exchange for being Fla's shirt sponsor til the end of the year. 15 million in wages for only 1 year. I dont like this, as I'm very cynical the team will get ********ed over again somehow. The article I read also did not mention a transfer fee at all. This is only a proposal though, so who knows what his current club will do.

Is anyone familiar with Diego enough to comment on if he's worth this?

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I honestly wouldn't do that for Diego unless they have plans to buy him outright in a year. He's a technically gifted player, great vision, but he is one of those types that is also a bit lazy and does not show up in the big games. We hoped he would be able to contribute with the Seleção, but everytime he got a chance he disappointed. I would rather take that money and spend it elsewhere amongst a CB and a #10.

When Boca lost the final and Riquelme announced his departure, I feared that he would be linked to us. I wake up this morning and read the sites and he's linked to Fla if the Diego move fails. If this was Riquelme of 4-5 years ago, I would say we should do it. Now? No thanks...

15. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I praised Zinho earlier in this thread based on the comments he made about Fla making crazy investments in respect to both players and finances. And that he is here to finaly stop all the bullshit. Then he goes and starts making moves that go directly against everything he said. This club's management is beyond ridiculous.

16. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    FLA-flu, VAMO MENGÃO! Tomara que eles abrem a placar bem no início.
    Escalação: Paulo Victor, Luiz Antonio, Marllon, González e Magal; Amaral, Renato, Ibson e Bottinelli; Vagner Love e Diego Maurício.

17. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    MERDA. Marllon não vale NADA. Pelo Menos Gonzalez tenta mudar e defender. Marllon sempre fica parado e ohlar. Ele é burro de tático.

Mas, Vamos gastar grana pra caralho por um outro meio. Cai na real Patricia.

18. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    They bring in all the moleques and the team looks so much more dangerous.

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep, Adryan and Mattheus definitely added something positive to the team. I just hope we don't depend on them too much or else they may feel the pressure. That's why it's important to have another creative midfielder to divide the responsibility to create.

Vagner Love has looked awful the past 3 games. He's been losing some balls to CBs and falling down too much. I think he is trying to do way too much. He simply isn't getting any quality service from our midfielders and his striker partners. Diego Mauricio has struggled, Hernane was non-existent when he played and Deivid, is well, Deivid.

Luiz Antonio looked good even though he was improvised as a right back. As a commentator mentioned during the game, he would have been much more effective on the right side of our midfield.

Ibson hasn't done very much since returning. I'm still willing to give him some time to return to form. Most of the time, he has been played out of position as a creative playmaker of the midfield. He needs to play deep, where he can win balls and help initiate an attack.

Our defense straight up SUCKS. Horrible mistake on Fluminense goal. Fred should have bagged another after Marllon didn't cut off a cross. It was almost like he just gave up on the ball which was well within reach. We need a good, reliable CB ASAP! Hopefully, Ramon comes soon because I'm sick of Magal.

20. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We just signed Ramon on loan from Corinthians. He should be better than Magal.

I really hope we can sign Diego soon too.

21. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Adryan has looked good in his minutes so far - I really hope you guys continue to have him as the 1st offensive sub off the bench even if Diego arrives, I think the kid earned it.

22. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Yeah, I thought they were rushing him to appease the fans. But in the limited time playing he has gotten so far, he seems like he has the talent and mindset to play and contribute.

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Haven't yall been negotiating with Juan for the last like 2 months?

and didn't he say NO when one of yall reps went to Italy to try and bring him over.

25. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Yes, he did. But Roma has signed a couple Zagueiros recently. So I think he saw the writing on the wall.