Clube de Regatas do Flamengo, Parte IV [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Imperador3, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    lol, Ronaldinho with stellar work ethic??

Ronaldinho and ethics never fit in the same sentence. Remember when I told you guys about the problems Grêmio had with Assis when he was still a player at Grêmio? And how Grêmio fans started hating Ronaldinho when he left Grêmio to PSG without the club getting ONE CENT? And Grêmio having to go to FIFA tribunals to get meager $3 million for Ronaldinho?

And then Ronaldinho and Assis promising to Flamengo, Grêmio and Palmeiras that he was going to close the deal with them, and secretly negotiating with each other and showing the proposals of other clubs so each team would offer more??

Ronaldinho is SYNONIM with lack of ethics.

And yes, Grêmio fans are relieved we didnt sign him. Well, actually several Grêmio fans NEVER wanted him back, because they considered him a traitor and didnt want to see him again.

when it seemed he wanted to make up for all the evil he had done to Grêmio, yes, some fans, including me, accepted him back, but then we got really angry he made all those unethic negotiations.

as soon as that happened, we got angry with Ronaldinho not for signing with Flamengo, but for being a scum. AT ONCE we were relieved he didnt sign with Grêmio, because his secret unethical dealings proved he was SCUM and we knew Flamengo would have problems with him.

Of course, Flamengo fans were happy and didnt believe at everything we said.

Flamengo fans even PROTECTED Ronaldinho when he played at Olimpico last year and got the biggest jeer in the universe, as well as the entire stadium calling him a crook...

I suppose Flamengo fans now agree with Grêmio fans.

Watch this Flamengo fans, maybe NOW you will understand.

2. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldinho´s father was a janitor at Estádio Olímpico.

as for the new stadium, I usually post updates at the Grêmio thread.

3. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Yes, I've seen those videos. That's why I wrote "if."

Look at Roberto Carlos. It took me a while to forgive him for his antics in the 1998 World Cup and I was furious at him because of his sock incident while France scored against us in 2006. But whatever anyone says about him, Roberto Carlos NEVER wavered in his work ethic. He worked hard in practice, kept himself in shape, and separated his personal life from his commitment to whatever club he played in. This is why he became a Real Madrid legend, and that's why Fenerbache fans adore him. Ronaldinho is, in my view, on the same league as Roberto Carlos as far as talent is concerned. I am sure you'll agree with me that if all soccer superstars aged as gracefully as Roberto Carlos did, giving their all and working hard always, that we fans would be gladder and better off.

4. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldinho could had been one of the best ever if he wanted. We Grêmio fans knew he was unethical in contracts and dealings, but he was still awesome inside the pitch. We would never guess his lack of ethics would lead him to such a bohemian life that would mess with his play as soon as 2006...

5. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Ronaldinho is out of Flamengo. Hopefully, the circus has left and normality will come back.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Extremely happy he is off the team. Now maybe we can start to take care of business on the pitch and let the legal team work their magic and get that bullshit $40 million reais off the books.

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    celito, hate to break it to you, but Palmeiras has been the first rumored to be interested in him. Wish you good luck.

Adriano, the #10 awaits you :)

8. Gilmar

Gilmar Member

May 25, 2012
    Rio de Janeiro
    Haha, when you Fla fans will learn the lesson? :rolleyes:

9. NC Soccer United

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I find it odd that Dinho claims $20 million hasn't been paid to him. That is a pretty high figure to work without pay for 18 months. I call bullshit too.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I heard the same thing in 2009. Adriano has always played well each time he was at Fla.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He's claiming that we violated the contract. 40 million reais is for the duration of the contract...

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I doubt it. Palmeiras is not splurging money like the other big teams. They are still in the philosophy of "bom e barato". Plus, I'd be surprised Scolari would accept him there. Then again ... not sure how long Scolari will last.

13. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    how many times has Adriano been on Fla?

anyway, last time, yeah, you won the brasileirão (more thanks to Petkovic than Adriano), but in the following year, you already started with lots of problems with Adriano... always getting late to training, the photos with the drugdealers, etc...

14. NC Soccer United

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    That's rich! That guy get an injunction to break the contract and he wants the remainder of the cash. I don't think so. I know they are spinning this as unpaid wages, but that figure is way too high to be playing for 18 months without getting paid. Good luck in getting the remaining cash when you probably got a laundry list of contract violations by Dinho. He went to training whenever he felt like it. He played whenever he felt like it.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    2 times -- he was developed in our youth ranks and his passage in 09.

More thanks to Pet? They share equally the merits for that title. Remember, Adriano LED the league in goals that year. He scored in plenty of close games where we came away with 3 points instead of 1 or 0.

There were issues in 2010 and I expect there to be some issues. But just like an unidentified player said in today's article about Ronaldinho's indisciplinary actions, Ronaldinho did not decide games. When Adriano was at Fla, he may have missed some training sessions, but he always DECIDED games. Adriano was also well liked by the players, whereas a number of players did not like Ronaldinho's action, especially Felipe, who appeared to be singled out on a number of occasions by him.

In conclusion, Adriano still makes a difference here in Brazil. Ronaldinho's exit will ease the atmosphere now at Flamengo. With his salary, you can get 3 top tier players in Brazil...

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree that they have plenty of proof on him on several violations -- delays to training, bringing women into "concentration", drinking on plane trips and in hotels during the Libertadores campaign, etc.

I don't think he'll end up getting anything other than what is owed to him due to unpaid wages. The whole fiasco should be blamed ENTIRELY on president Patricia Amorim. One of the worst administrations of all time in Flamengo history. The upcoming election will set the tone for our future.

17. NC Soccer United

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    The management brain trust seems to be lacking the brain and the trust. Not too impressed with their commercial dealings. They seem to squander opportunities in making Flamengo a worldwide marketing machine. I know Brazil is a different kettle of fish when it comes to marketing. There are so many things they can do to really make a bang, but they don't seem to have the savvy to do so.

18. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Can't argue. The current FO is a bunch of amateurs. They bring in sponsors to pay most of his enormous salary and they somehow wiggled out when they see things not bringing in a return for them. Then our presidents claims that we can shoulder his whole salary......

20. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I'm really getting tired of seeing Patricia's ugly face and hearing the absolute bullshit that comes out of her mouth. She continually defended and let Ronaldinho control the entire clube, while at the same time she made excuses for him when he continually disrespected the team and the fans. It seemed like she based the entire club's decisions around a basketcase of a player. Now she makes it seem like she was blindly taken advantage of and pushes all the responsibility on R10. She was the one who facilitated all of this. She single handedly turned this club into a laughing stock. I feel like throwing my computer every time I hear her ********ing bullshit in an interview.

When is the elections?

21. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah me too. I thought Patricia was supposed to be different with her professional mind, government experience and Olympic training, blah blah. This really horrified me, an artcle about thrid party activity in Brazil:
    Follow the money—third-party investment in the Brazilian game

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog...third-party-investment-in-the-brazilian-game/

"The news earlier this year that Ronaldinho was owed over $2 million in wages by marketing agency Traffic brought a second issue into focus: that of trust. When Ronaldinho joined Flamengo in 2011, Traffic agreed to pay 75% of his salary in return for his image rights. The firm, though, reneged on their agreement after struggling to cash in on the player, resulting in the player receiving just a quarter of his wages over a five-month period.

So far, so incompetent. But a further revelation cast the affair in a more sinister light. It surfaced that Flamengo and Traffic had not signed a contract regarding the wage split – that the agreement was just a verbal one. Traffic’s contributions had not been listed in Ronaldinho’s contract, meaning that the former Barcelona man faces a legal battle with Traffic over the outstanding payments. He can be thankful that his financial security has long since been assured."

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm not surprised one bit by that, CoolRob.

Elections are set for the end of this year. Pretty much any candidate is an upgrade to Patricia..

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So I hear Ronaldinho's salary "ta em dia", he is suing for the image rights. Let me get this straight, he spends a year partying every other day, misses training or comes late/drunk, in turn brings bad attention to Flamengo's name, doesn't attract any $ponsors, and he wants "image rights" ? What a joke !

24. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Patricia saying that no player is bigger than the club.

Haha! No shit! We have been saying that since the first day Ronaldinho came and he started getting his special treatment and could do exactly what he wanted.

She says that now when he left but she did the exact opposite the whole time, and not just with Ronaldinho, with other players too.

I've been saying it for a long time now, she is seriously dangerous for the club. She and the rest of the management are completely incapable of running a professional sports club. One of the worst managements I've ever seen.

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep. The whole issue with him was never about his salary. He is just using that because Fla has a documented history of paying late.

The whole issue arose when Luxemburgo decided to crack down on him for his off the field antics. A group of fans started video taping him around this time last year. From that point on, he played fairly well. Around the end of the first half of the Brasileirao, his production started to drop and rumors started to swirl about him and Luxemburgo. Luxemburgo got dropped this year because things got worse between the two (the whole Londrina concentracao episode).

Now Zinho comes in and demands discipline from him. Zinho calls him out in front of all the players and the next day, he disappeared because of problems with his mom's health. He doesn't wanted to be treated like any player...