Clube de Regatas do Flamengo, Parte IV [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Imperador3, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Luxa wasn't a loss, man. Luxemburgo is washed up. I held out hope for him, but he simply doesn't get along with today's players. His tactics are also antiquated. Just look at some of the lineups he fielded and subs he made.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Renato Gaucho is the best option for the players we have. He used to be just like these players (Ronaldinho and Adriano) in his day.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I guarantee you his rehab now will go a million times better than it did in Corinthians. Why? He WANTS to play here and SUCCEED here. Fla's the only place where he can play and perform at a good level. We saw the Adriano of always in 2009 as well.

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    To be honest, I don't think Joel has been too poor as many here may think. He wasn't my first option after Luxa was fired, but I don't think he has done a bad job given the situation he was thrown into and the players he had at his disposal.

For the Brasileirão, I'd love to see the following get cut loose or benched (because we know some of these names would never get released): Welinton, Junior César and Renato. We need someone to pair with Gonzalez DESPERATELY. Willians time has come to an end IMO at Fla. He needs to be sold to Udinese or whomever else is interested.

We are missing Airton badly. He's the only true bulldog DM on our team. Joel only has Luiz Antonio and Muralha, who are more of 2nd DMs (marking isn't their biggest strength). Even Kléberson played as our 1st DM yesterday...Hopefully, Cáceres from Libertad comes over in the transfer window. He'll be another option for that spot.

4. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    yeah, right. Ronaldinho also wanted to play in Flamengo and succeed in Flamengo.

Adriano wants to go to Flamengo because of the BEACHES in Rio, not because of Flamengo.

5. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Big meeting for the Rubro-Negro management tomorrow morning. They claim the fans will become satisfied with the moves. They say around 5-6 players will be on there way out or loaned, and some signings in areas of need (CB and Mid-Field). Hopefully someone with very good air skills in the area.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldinho wasn't created in Flamengo. Everyone knew he came to Rio for the beaches.

Adriano was created in Fla and he has performed at Fla in each of his passages.

7. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to take the thread off track. Oh man- Just saw this and was thinking that it sucks there's no place to watch Brazilian League/Flamengo in Chicago. Maybe I'll talk to some people...funny thing about being an American fan is that you often have to invent your own venues to enjoy. I used to live near Ginger's Ale House and convinced them if they wanted to be a real English Pub they should be showing EPL... now they're the "Number 1 Soccer Bar in the United States.":p

Sushi Samba sounds good, huh? Great bar. Fogo de Chao is awesome but, caipirinhas just taste better when, um, a, um nice young lady is serving it, without a Gaucho outfit.
    [​IMG]

8. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hahahahahaha!!!
    I know that guy. He's my good friend, but was transfered to another city last year. I was actually at Fogo last night. I go every Wednesday night around 9:00PM. Hope to see you there!
    Unfortunatelly there are no venues to watch Mengao here in Chicago. As you said, Ginger's Ale and Globe Pub on Irving Park, but they only show permiership/La Liga, etc..
    Maybe one day I'l open a Brasilian bar Chicago!!! Hey you just gave me a good idea!!

9. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    It is 8:25 in the morning and I am salivating over that sirloin. We got Chima here in Charlotte and it is awesome!

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Looks like there are a couple of trades in the works:

David Braz and Galhardo for Ibson AND
    Bottinelli for Victorino

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Bottinelli deal didn't happen.. he thinks going to Cruzeiro is a step down in his career.

Zinho is now the headman upstairs in Flamengo?? good luck to him.

12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd be shocked if Flamengo did not beat Inter today.

13. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Well you must be. 3x3 after leading by 3x1... Flamengo really is in a horrible spell of form/luck.

14. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    yea that performance might of been worse than the match vs olimpia, every Flamengo game seems to be high on the drama scale.

15. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Dear Goalkeepers,
    We are looking for a goalkeeper that has the ability to stop ANY long range shots.

Signed,
    Flamengo

Horrible GK'ing last night.

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  18. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    The cancer is gone :D

19. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea your instincts are probably right on the China, can't rule MLS out either. The partying and foods better in America so i'm sure that will play a huge factor in his decision. I personally want him in the brasilerao probably not possible with his price tag. Pretty much inevitable Flamengo didn't pay him and he didn't put forth to much effort, they honestly deserved each other.

20. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Graças a Deus!

21. Gilmar

Gilmar Member

May 25, 2012
    Rio de Janeiro
    The Gremio supporters complained a lot when he chose to go to Flamengo. I wonder if they want him now... :p

22. Gilmar

Gilmar Member

May 25, 2012
    Rio de Janeiro
    Don't be so happy, the next will be Adriano. :laugh:

23. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Oh I'm sure they will want him. They are even building a new stadium, so they're gonna need a new janitor... Or maybe to use him as target practice :D

24. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    LOL his recent interviews have been hilarious

25. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Grêmio fans are probably chuckling quietly right now. And I can’t blame them.

Look at things now. Flamengo, the only Brazilian team not to reach the 2012 Libertadores knockout round, is now in this mess. It didn’t win the Campeonato Carioca. Grêmio has gradually rebuilt and is in the Copa do Brasil semifinals, and it looks like it has a realistic chance to earn a 2013 Libertadores spot through the Brasileirão (if another team wins the Copa do Brasil – let’s hope SPFC wins it). And this with Flamengo’s former coach – Vanderlei Luxemburgo. Ironies.

Why is R10 doing this? He’s still so very talented and if he had a stellar work ethic, he would be in even better shape and do so well anywhere he went.