Clube de Regatas do Flamengo, Parte IV [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Imperador3, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I've said it before, if I was Joel I'd dedicate entire practices to corners and free kicks defending aerials, until they shore that shit up.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    2-1...but no where being close to being safe. We should know after 3-0 with 15 minutes to go. Have to stay focused and play hard till the whistle..

3. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I guess we all saw that one coming, damn.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This team is unbelievable. Blow a billion chances and let them tie at the end.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What a pathetic joke. Blow the team up.

6. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Estou sem palavras. desgraça.

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Passou um Tufão pela Gávea

ahahahaha.

8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The penalty flamengo gave up pretty much somes up the libertadores campaign for them. Great second half to watch as a neutral though.

9. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    This team has had this group gifted to them, but they managed to fvkk it up every step of the way. It's been real tough to watch these games, with the morning after being the hardest as the game replays in your mind.

A victory against Lanus and a tie between Olympia & Emelec would still send us through. However, they don't deserve it and as far as I'm concerned, I'm done with the Libs. I'll be counting down the days till the start of the Brasileirao.

10. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I have always had a soft spot for Flamengo because of their 1981 Libertadores and Mundial Interclubes campaign. Zico and all those players, several of whom were in Brazil's team for the 1982 World Cup. The way Flamengo easily defeated Liverpool with typical jogo bonito.

Flamengo has disappointed me, and it does not deserve to advance to the round of 16. When you're up 3-0 at home and 2-0 away, only to concede a draw and to lose the match, you are not championship material. I give credit to Flamengo for fighting hard in Paraguay last week; losing on the road isn't a disaster per se, not the way it happened against Olimpia. But these two meltdowns are unforgivable.

In the second-worst case scenarios - Flamengo winning at home vs. Olimpia by 3-2 and winning last night by 1-2 - Flamengo would be tied with Lanus at 10 points and in 2nd place. Flamengo's goal differential would be +2; Lanus has a GD of +10.

Olimpia would be 3rd: 5 points, 2 wins and 3 losses; 6 GF, 13 GA, and a GD of -7.
    Emelec would be last: 3 points, 1 win, 4 losses, and 1 GF, 6 GA, and a GD of -5.

From then on, finishing in first place would have been feasible - all Flamengo would need was a home victory against Lanus, and Flamengo would've finished with a very good 13 points. Now, all the pressure is on Flamengo. Flamengo must win, and hope for a draw between Olimpia and Emelec - if this match does not end in a draw, Flamengo is out.

Flamengo MUST defeat Lanus and the other match MUST end in a draw. The goal differential (-5 for Olimpia; -2 for Emelec; -1 for Flamengo) currently helps Flamengo. If Flamengo beats Lanus and the other match is a tie, the goal differential will determine which of Flamengo or Olimpia advances.

It's not a lost cause, but it's going to be difficult, because Flamengo now depends on other teams' results.

11. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Horrible evening at Fogo De Chao last night. Of course all the waiters keeping me posted on the results throughout the night. But then when the manager came over late in the evening and said "Ivo, you had better not watch the second half when you get home", I knew we were finished. So I arrived home and on Fox Espanhol of course they show the goals.
    SAD - SAD - SAD. I just kneeled down by the staircase with my head down and my wife says "Ivo, are you sad?".
    Yes, meu querido Mengao f*ucked it up again.
    I thought we were out until you guys set it straight and thank you for that. Well there is still a chance, hope, and that is all we can do is hope we still go through.

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm not even worried about making it out of the group stages. Sure, I'll watch the game and hope, but I won't be let down. I am a lot more worried about what were are going to do for the rest of the year. We need to make changes, both on the field and off. Hopefully, Patricia Amorim is not re-elected.

13. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    What do you guys think needs to be done? Is there any defensive talent in the youth squad? I know Galhardo has played for the youth national teams, but I know little of him. Is he more of an offensive weapon or can he help us back there?

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  15. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It would be a mistake for both Flamengo and for Ronaldinho. For meu querido Mengao, we will be a lot worse off without Ronaldinho. Most of the plays, and many of the goals go through his feet. You cannot blame Ronaldinho for the loss last night. I don't agree with my torcida with the violence and protests against Ronaldinho - it was a joint team effort, and the same repeated high ball mistakes by the defense.
    For Ronaldinho, it would be terrible for him to leave. It may even mark the end of Ronaldinho in the Selecao. And where would he go? What team today is going to pay USD 1 Million per month for Ronaldinho?
    Patience, hard work, garra, and everything will work out.

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    More needed to be done to address our defensive needs. Centerback has been an issue since the start of 2010. Marcos Gonzalez was a decent buy, but not the total solution. He wasn't anything until last year. Ask Columbus Crew fans if they remember him.

17. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    he is already finished in the Seleção. The only one that doesnt know it yet is Mano Menezes.

not to Porto Alegre. And Grêmio proposal back then was to pay those monthly $1 million. But of course, with all fans HATING him, you cant have any sort of marketing strategy!

dont worry. Its not Ronaldinho who decides anything. Its his brother Assis. If he decides Ronaldinho should be out, Ronaldinho will go away and Flamengo probably wont get anything for it but debts. Thats typical Assis.

I suppose in a few years, Flamengo fans will agree with this video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dArdHy-ce0Q"]Vaia Monstruosa para Ronaldinho no Olimpico.avi - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQVvK8jjk_c"]Recepção ao $ PILANTRA $. R10 Estádio Olimpico Grêmio x Flamengo - YouTube[/ame]

Ronaldinho already had the time to visit all whorehouses and nightclubs in Rio. He wants to move out. Dont you see it?

in hindsight, it was a good thing Grêmio did not hire him. And I suppose Palmeiras fans are relieved too. I suppose Flamengo fans will soon realize the bad deal too.

And before saying he is the best player in the team, you guys should think if he is worth 1 million monthly, and if that money wouldnt be better spent paying 3-4 other quality players...

18. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    This has been my line of thinking. Dinho was undoubtably the team MVP last season. Without him, and they would have been a mid/lower-mid table team. But he's not worth close to that much money. Bring in a 2 very high quality guys or 3 high level guys and it would mean A LOT more to this team. Besides that, he constantly disrespects the team and the fans. This is a joke to him. Which really is a shame, because if he committed himself to the game, theres no ceiling to his potential as a dominating playmaker.

19. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    AcesHigh it's indeed good that Grêmio didn't sign R10. R10 hasn't played badly all the time; in recent Libertadores games he actually did well. But your team moved on.

Grêmio now has Luxa as manager (after he was politically lynched, after he did a fine job with Flamengo). I don't know your team's current situation but if Luxa stays for a while and if your team's management makes good moves, I don't see why Grêmio can't be in the 2013 Libertadores.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Russia, Middle East, China.

21. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Many already do. Flamengo was received by a group of infuriated fans who awaited the squad with eggs upon their return from Ecuador. The team left through the back rather than with other passengers. Now R10 has spoken out - he wants his contract rescinded.

The only way R10 will be unanimously loved by Flamengo again is if he helps Flamengo beat Lanus with a great performance, added to a tie between Olimpia and Emelec - this must then be followed by an epochal campaign in the mata-mata, where Ronaldinho leads the team to the Copa Libertadores title.

I agree with what was written about how he could be so dominating were he to commit himself. He is older and slower now; not anywhere near what he was in his prime with Barcelona. But look at "oldies" like Roberto Carlos who kept themselves in amazing physical condition well into their later years. RC ultimately left Real Madrid, but that was because both he and the team's management knew his cycle w/ Real had come to an end. It was an honorable departure, and RC still lit it up in the Turkish league. If R10 had always demonstrated this type of professionalism and commitment, he would be respected no matter how well his teams fared or didn't fare.

Flamengo, Palmeiras, Grêmio, Brazil NT, wherever. I for one believe that fans will respect and appreciate it if their teams, if their players, bust their guts out and leave everything on the field, if they never give up and fight to the end. If you still lose, at least you go down fighting. R10, and the team as a whole, isn't doing this.

22. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    More bad news. Adriano needs to operate on his anckle. Who knows how long that will be now.

23. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    well considering the fact there midfields weak and Kleber is going to be out 6 months gremios looking great......
    Also I really don't think R10 is all that bothered by the booing , even Zico was booed at Flamengo it is what it is Flamengo needs to keep him to be competitive this season he'll be staying.

24. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    It's gotten to be completly laughable how disfunctional this clube has gotten. Nothing major in the article, but it shows how the totally ********d the team, coaching, and management is in regards of getting a handle on this situation. http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/times/flamengo/

All I can say is CLEAN HOUSE. New front office, new coach, and get all the dead weight players and ones with bad attitudes out of there also.

Can someone give me a rundown of how elections work? Is it possible to see a complete restructuring and revamping of how this team is run and handled? A link would also be appreciated if anyone knows of one.

25. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    What sucks even more is that the other brasilian squads have been killing it. Unless a miracle happens, Fla will be the only team not to make the knock-out rounds, as the other 5 teams are either virtually locks or have already qualified.