Clube de Regatas do Flamengo, Parte IV [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Imperador3, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ref was a joke. Shorted us in both halves on extra time. Gave only 3 minutes in the 2nd half and blew the whistle 20 seconds before it hit 93. Horrible.

2. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Another sad day. I hope we still have a chance to advance.

3. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    The next game against Emelec is a MUST win. Then it still gets jumbled at the top. Even if we get 4 points from the last 2 games, that still doesn't guarantee we will qualify. In fact with only 4 more points, its still a toss up.

4. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We are the ones that put ourselves in this pathetic situation with that last game disaster letting them tie when we are up 3X0.

We need to win the last two games.

5. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    R10 must bring in some serious marketing perks, i really can't see how he's still at the club...shocking.

6. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Not only did he have a horrible game, but he played lazy as fvkk, which is completely unacceptable. His spent more time standing around crying to the refs than he did running.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That was a sick goal by Botinelli.

8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    the opinions on r10 are disrespectful........ Vagner love was lost the last 15 minutes he should be getting more critisism. I thought vagner love drew a penalty tho before Aranha scored the 3rd for olimpia.

9. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    What's disrespectful is missing 9 training sessions in 3 months while routinely being witnessed out partying until 4 AM the night before. On top of that he gives bullshit excuses like insomnia and diarrhea. On top of that he plays lazy and half of the time is non existant on the field.

10. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Theres lots of blame to go around, Flamengo would be far worse of without R10. Look at your back four to start with Marc Gonazles he is garbage only good player in your back 4 is leo moura and all he does is attack. You guys are really going to tell me Felipe isn't a huge reason for you guys losing games? He single handely blew the game against vasco in the carioca and has been shaky in the libertadores. Ronaldhino played bad in the 1st half thats fair but 2nd half I'm not really seing the critisism. He is lazy and he does party but without him your teams nothing thats why I suggested a dm or cb instead of bringing Adriano in.

11. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I respect your opinion, but from what I've seen Marco Gonzalez is a big improvement to our CB corps. They were absolutely dreadful without him. And we are already bringing in another DMid/CB from Paraguay who is supposed to be very good and should be arriving as soon as his team gets knocked out of the Libertadores. As far as R10 goes, if he continues to play like he has been then it's a no brainer to get rid of him. 1) His salary is outrageous for his production and would be best used to bring in someone else. 2) Someone with that type of attitude is a cancer to a team.

But slightly in his defense, every couple or few games R10 does break out and play really well. The problem is it's not nearly consistent enough.

12. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

13. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that terrible offside call two weeks ago as well is looming huge.

Yup. It seems like the numbers are there, but the d can't clear the ball. What infuriates me is that there seems to be little defensive urgency (especially up 3-0). And then when you see the space between the defense and midfield it's ridiculous at this point to blame Ronnie.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz5H5FmR97E"]Olimpia 3 x 2 Flamengo - Copa Libertadores 2012 - - YouTube[/ame]

14. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I have thought the defense just isn't physical and aggressive enough. Most of the goals off corners and free kicks come when our backline gets outmuscled and/or actually shy away from the scrum. This is why I like Marcos Gonzalez back there, he's not afraid to get after it in the air and he makes aggressive tackles. Has he been great so far? No, but I think he will settle in just fine.

15. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Vagner Love, 10 gols in 11 games :)

16. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I knew he would set in well, and I knew that the Ronaldinho/Love combination would be a great combination!

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Our defense is seems very lazy at times. On set pieces, players easily shake our markers off for an easy goal. Look what happened last week on Olimpia's first goal when Luiz Antonio left Orteman unmarked. Against Bangu, Gonzalez left Sergio Junior unmarked on a cross. This has been a nagging problem since 2009.

18. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fla has been linked to Victor Caceres of Libertad, very good defensive player probably would help the defense out a lot if he is signed.

19. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    This has been on-going for a while. The vice-president of FLA met with Caceres when they played their Lib match in Paraguay. FLA wanted to close the deal there as they have been trying to since the beginning of the year. But Caceres wanted to respect his club and wait. He gave him his word and it looks like he will be in Rio in June. As always with FLA and their signings, it's never easy and is full of strangeness but it seems like a done deal in terms of financials and etc. I'm excited based on what i've heard about the player.

20. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Well, at what point is this shit going to be enough? Taken from SambaFoot:

21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    mannn.. kick him out the team already ffs. Your paying a crazy amount of money just for him to feed his addiction of partying.

Dinho probably doesn't even know what the word professional means.

22. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  23. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    OK, Lanus straight up smoked Olympia today 6-0. So that would help on goal difference.

If we win the next 2 games, we win atop the group.

A win and a tie, would require Emelec NOT to lose to Olympia (A tie and we would go through)

A win and a loss, same scenario as above, except we would overtake Olympia by Goal differential.

2 ties, would require Emelec to BEAT Olympia, and we would go through on Goal Differential.

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nice counter attacking goal there.

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Another aerial ball resulting in a goal. Horrible.