Clube de Regatas do Flamengo, Parte IV [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Imperador3, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    http://globoesporte.globo.com/futeb...to-abreu-chegam-nesta-terca-feira-ao-fla.html

Let's hope those two guys can help the team find the way to the net again. I have no idea what shape they are in but it feels like all players that have been brought in lately are in bad shape.

At least Renato knows how so shoot:D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUN_Fon78Kg"]YouTube- Gols de falta do Renato pelo Flamengo[/ame]

2. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Re: Clube de Regatas do Flamengo, Parte III [R]

Our strikers are just not good enough. We had strikers like Love and Adriano and the guys we have now are not even half as good :(

3. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  4. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Well that's his main weapon but he is a physically strong player and he is tall but quite fast. He is not that young now so I don't know how what kind of shape he is in though.

5. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Diogo from Olympiakos to Flamengo on loan. He is a good player but he haven't played very well the last couple of seasons. He played really well his first season and teams like Chelsea wanted him.

I think he can be good in Flamengo though, not any worse than the striker we have now.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

It won't be official till the paperwork goes through with the CBF. Flamengo have till the 19th to get him officially registered. When that does happen, he will be a HUGE upgrade to the likes of Cristian Borja, a fat Val Baiano, an out of form and shape Leandro Amaral, etc.

Deivid has also been heavily rumored. I'd love to see us land both to form a potent attack.

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Looks like Flamengo has landed Deivid. Flamengo is waiting for paperwork and for the names to be registered with the CBF before they make an official announcement.

We may be back in contention with these two additions. Hopefully, Maldonaldo decides to renew with us.

8. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Silas is the new coach of Flamengo. I don't know him that well but I think he did a good job in Avaí. What kind of football does he like to play?

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

He likes to play an offensive brand of football. Hopefully, this allows us to break free from our struggles scoring, along with the signings of Diogo and Deivid, while maintaining a solid defense in the back.

10. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Silas is an excellent choice playing a fast paced offensice futebol. And the addition of Deivid is also excellent. Let us hope we can break from this pathetic record from the last 9 games.

11. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I didn't really like the choice to bring in Luxemburgo. He is more or less done as a coach.

But we change coaches as we change shirts so I guess he won't stay with us that long either.

One of few positive things this season has been Diego Mauricio. We really need to bring in some good players for next season. Adriano is thinking about leaving Roma...

12. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

We just signed the goleiro Felipe, ex-Corinthians goalie. A good signing, he is not my favorite goalkeeper but he is young and one of the best goalkeepers that we could have signed.

Diogo might not stay(Fla have some days to clearify it). Actually I don't care if he stays or not. I mean he is a good player but he is just getting worse for each season and he it doesn't look like he wants to turn it around. But he is still young and he got potential.

Though I would rather stick with Diego Mauricio and play him. Diogo is very expensive as well.

13. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Maybe Juan is on his way back to Mengão! It would be really great if he came back. We need some high quality players to fight for the title next season. At least Libertadores is a must.

The Argentinian Bottinelli from Universidad Catolica signed for Flamengo, exciting signing. He is young and we need some young and hungry players. Maybe Everton is on his way back which is good. That guy is good and we should take him back before Botafog or Flu snatches him.

Egidio is also back from Vitoria. I guess he is ok as backup.

There are also rumors about Ibson and Wagner, both playing in Russia. I hope Ibson can come back but I think thats difficult, Wagner is also good though. But we need one player of their calibre.

Victorino is also on the list. It would be great if Victorino or Juan can come. Or both! :)

14. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Ronaldinho is in Rio now and Fla is negotiating with him. Let's hope we can pull this off.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I doubt it happens, but who knows?

16. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Palmeiras is in the game too.

17. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    As you all know, Ronaldinho now in Brasil with his brother empresario. He is negotiating hard with three clubs: Palmeiras, Gremio and my querido Mengao. As it looks now, Mengao has the more attractive offer.
    LET US CROSS OUR FINGERS!!

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Given the players we have at the moment, we can expect 2011 version of Fla to play like the following:

[​IMG]

19. Flamenguista

Flamenguista Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Brasília,Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Doubt Luxemburgo will play with a midfield trio of Willians,Maldonado and Bottinelli (bar against Carioca small teams) it leaves defense way too open,especially with the attacking full backs we employ.

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We don't have any other quality volantes. Renato Canelada? No thanks, he can't mark. Fernando? Awful. You know RG and TN will be on the pitch together. Botinelli is likely to be there as well, depending on how well he trains and plays.

21. urubudagavea

urubudagavea New Member

May 5, 2009
    setor verde
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Forgot about Drogbinha. What about Galhardo?? Did he get loaned out?

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Galhardo is also with the sub-20. I think he'd be used as Leo Moura's sub. He's position of origin is right back. On the juniores, he was used as a meia. I don't think he ever was used as a volante.

On name that I haven't seen or heard of is Everton Silva. He was loaned to Ponte last season, but I never heard about him returning nor seeing his name on the list of players that went to Londrina.

23. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Whoever plays upfront will be one of the top scorers in Brazil with players like Ronaldinho and Thiago Neves delivering good balls. If we had Vagner Love or some other very good striker he would easily be the top scorer of Brasileirão.

We need a couple of more good signings though I think. The team is not complete and strong on all positions.

24. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I fully agree that the missing ingredient to a very successful Mengao is a striker of the caliber of Adriano, or Love. BRING BACK ADRIANO!!

25. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would really like to have Love back. A good leftback and centerback would be good too. Maybe a defensive midfielder too.

@Mengão86

Everton Silva is a rightback. I really liked him last time he played for Mengo, he is strong and quick and it's difficult to dribble him. He played quite much before he left on loan.