Club Deportivo Cali "Los Azucareros"- Part III

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by Tio Nicci, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    After the bad game, we played awesome against Santa Fe.

First goal was a golaso.

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No way in hell you guys get Roda. He will either go to a better EPL team or stay at Wigan who want to keep him !!! You guys make it seem like he is being kicked out he was a starter and plays LM/LW or CF for them. He didn't play much because of injury.

As for Gio Hernandez please take him guy is garbage who can't play when it counts much little Little Mac of Nacional.

Dept Cali needs to play with Wingers not #10. Castillo, Escobar and a lot of other of their young youth players are definatly wingers just stupid colombian coaches wanting to play formations their players aren't suited for.

3. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  4. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Great addition for Cali in my opinion. I like Vladimir when he played in Nacional and he was a star in Paraguay's top teams. I think that he'll fit great in his new green team although I don't know in which position. In Nacional he played as a LMW but now Cali has Caracho there. anyway, I'm sure that Comesaña will find out a way to combined him. Cali needs to improve there defense a bit for next semester and they'll have a great team.

5. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  6. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    What an impressive finish to what looked a lost season.

Props to Comesana for turning this team around. Negs to me for doubting him.

pibe10 repped this.
  7. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agree to that. I also had my doubts regarding Comesaña but I guess he is a good team coach. I also had my doubts regarding Mondragon's addition and he turned out to be your best player along side Nazarit & Caracho. Well done. Depor & Santa Fe are the only "big names" in this cuadrangulares...

8. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yo se los dije...
    La misma vaina con los hinchas de Nacional que botaran al Sachi...

Haganmen caso y les va bien :p lol

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cali Campeon 2012

10. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Too early man. The ciadrangulares aren't going to be easy for them as well, the small teams usually intend to surprise + you have Santa Fe & Tolima, both very difficult teams. Very hard to predict.

11. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ademas quiero que el Junior se pase al Cali en estrellas :D! Vamos Tolima! Chico! Equidad! Itagui! Etc etc...

12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  13. HijodelAB

HijodelAB Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Neiva Yumboersey
    Que va!!
    Ese narco-equipo no hubiera clasificado al octogonal sino hubiera comprado ese partido contra La Equidad. Comesana es un vende humos que no ganado nada, y lleva como 20000 agnos en el FPC.
    El proximo agno lo veremos de vuelta como "asesor tecnico" en la Federacion

14. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hijo, I'm asking you to show a bit of respect please!! No one bought nothing, Deportivo Cali qualified fair and square and Comesaña took them when they looked like garbage, so respect to him too. If you do have a solid proof that they bought the game vs. Equidad (and I do believe that you don't) then you are welcome to post it here. Until then, you can watch your language and shows some respect.

15. HijodelAB

HijodelAB Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Neiva Yumboersey
    With all due respect, you have never lived in Colombia, and you don't know how things operate there. Our soccer is very corrupt and quite a few players have come "out" about referees and games being bought, among other things.
    It is no secret that Pablo Escobar pretty much used to own Nacional and that he even had a referee killed. America also had strong ties to the Cali Cartel, which is why it ended up in the "Clinton List"
    Santa Fe was investigated for possible ties with narco money:

http://www.caracol.com.co/noticias/...be-dinero-de-narcos/20090512/nota/810278.aspx

So, if I said that Santa Fe used to be a narco-team, i am not disrespecting anyone, because it is THE TRUTH.

If you think i am making things up, check out the commentaries Colombians are making about the Cali-Equidad game:

http://www.eltiempo.com/deportes/futbol-colombiano/ARTICULO-WEB-NEW_NOTA_INTERIOR-11892402.html

If you have any doubts on the matter, i recommend you get and watch the documentary "The Two Escobars" from ESPN, to learn more about our soccer, before making uninformed opinions.
    Thank you.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  16. HijodelAB

HijodelAB Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Neiva Yumboersey
  17. HijodelAB

HijodelAB Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Neiva Yumboersey
  18. HijodelAB

HijodelAB Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Neiva Yumboersey
    Here are some more tales about corruption in the last Mundial Sub-20:
    http://www.eltiempo.com/colombia/bogota/investigan-corrupcion-en-el-mundial-sub-20_10947160-4

Here is more, from the mouth of one of our World Cup players:
    "Me dopé cuando jugué clásicos con Millonarios": 'Gambeta' Estrada
    http://www.futbolred.com/liga-posto...icos-con-millonarios-gambeta-estrada/10955803

The relevance of all these stories is, that there is a strong documented precedent of corruption in Colombia's soccer, including the purchase and murder of referees, the direct association of drug capos and soccer teams, so it is not far fetched to think that one team could give another team (that has already qualified and can afford to lose the game) an incentive, for a little "help".
    It won't be the first nor the last time it has happened.

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cali empato contra el pasto.....en la reanudacion de los cuadrangulares...

20. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hijo, just to close the story...Yes I never lived in Colombia but give me some credit, because I've become a fan of Nacional & the colombian football over 20 years ago so be sure that I'm pretty much has the knowledge regarding all of these stories. When I told you to bring some "proof" it was after yuo said that Cali bought the game vs . Equidad, not the stories regarding the cartels the clubs had in the 80's & 90's.

Now, let's back on topic. As for the game, I didn't see it but I have the feeling that Cali will regret for these 2 points that they lost in the final minute. Even though a draw in Libetrtad stadium is not that bad, but on the other hand Tolima got an important win in Neiva which is tough stadium as well, so Cali will have to work even harder now and obviously to win 9 points at home.

21. HijodelAB

HijodelAB Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Neiva Yumboersey
    Off the topic, yes Pibe10, I do give you a lot of credit for following our soccer and for being one of the best moderators here. Just remember that things in Colombia are very different than in Europe or the USA.

Back on topic, Cali and Pasto are in the "grupo de la muerte" with two of the best teams (Huila and Tolima). Frankly if it wasn't for Mondragon, Cali would have lost the game.
    It is going to be very tough for either Pasto or Cali to make it through.

22. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    blah blah blah blah. Nothing but BS and spam, get out of the thread if your not contributing to the discussion.

23. HijodelAB

HijodelAB Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Neiva Yumboersey
    Why should i get out of this thread, just because i am posting some truths you don't like about your beloved team?

24. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hijo, next time you can publish your videos in the relevant threads. Thank you.

Halftime in Cali, Deportivo is looking good vs. Huila and is leading 0-1 from an early header by Nazarith (excellent), but they miss chances too much. Micolta had two good chances and Murillo also. Huila doesn't do too much but if Cali won't score the 2nd goal, at the end they could regret it just like the game vs. Pasto. Cali must win because in my opinion Tolima will win Pasto today and Cali shouldn't stay far behind.

Edit: Well I guess I was wrong!! An impressive win of Pasto at Ibague! :eek:

25. carlitos florez

Jun 18, 2012
    el rival del cali, puede salir del ganador del partido santa Fe vs Itagui
    a no ser que el tolima se despierte del letargo en que esta este mes.