Club Business Thread ** I miei Celtics **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hopefully Winterling does us a solid here.

3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Roma sued by kit sponsors

Roma have terminated their contract with Kappa due to “serious defects,” but in turn the kit sponsors announced they will take the club to court.

“In consideration of the serious defects found in the technical material and the line of clothing produced by BASIC ITALIA S.p.A. for the 2012/13 season, the A.S. Roma S.p.A. board of directors has decided to cancel the contract with the technical sponsor with immediate effect due to BASIC ITALIA's non-performance of contractual obligations.

“The board of directors reserve the right to pursue A.S. Roma's best interests through the appropriate channels.

“The A.S. Roma team will continue to wear the technical material with the Kappa brand until the end of the current season.”

However, this evening President of BasicNet S.p.A. Marco Boglione, which includes Kappa, gave a statement to the ANSA news agency.

“For over a year the Americans now in charge of Roma have declared their intention to terminate the contract with us.

“The reasons they gave with regards to the quality of material are nothing more than excuses which will be torn apart by the judges.

“Unfortunately, from Monday our rapport with the club will be only through the courts.”

5. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Rome is going to lose that one, judging off the statements above by Kappa.

Their quality is awesome

6. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good job by rosella :rolleyes:

I hope we go away from kappa..and nthg happens in court.

7. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope we go with Nike even though I've always been more of an Adidas guy. Don't want those strips they have on every jersey.

8. forza venti

forza venti Member

Jul 23, 2006
    MI
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I definitely wouldn't be surprised if it was warrior, with Palotta/DiBenedetto following their Boston ownership group counterparts.

9. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think will end up paying some penalty to kappa

Next should be nike or addidas, as they are more global

10. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lotto.

;)

Deand21594 repped this.
  11. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Adidas Originals would be epic

12. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    They would be pretty sorry business men if they did that. We do not have a name like Liverpool. Liverpool get's away with having Warrior because of their name, popularity, and strength of the Premiere League. It would be a disaster for Roma to select a sponsor so far removed from Europe and from Italy itself.

I believe the probability of Warrior is extremelly low. It can only be one of Addidas or Nike. No advancements will be made by going with Warrior. You won't see Roma jerseys in more stores throughout Europe with Warrior. Only Nike and Addidas will give us that. Thanks to their own stores in Europe, their distribution network, and the fact they produce tons of kits for other clubs.

If I was a betting man I would put my money on Addidas. Christoph Winterling used to work there before joining Roma, which is a stronger connection that the presumed Di Benedetto, who has dropped of the face of the Earth and seems to have nothing to do with Roma anymore.

13. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think that Adidas fits the style of Roma kits. The three stripes thing on the shoulders would look awkward. I'd prefer Nike. But if Warrior gives more money, then Warrior is fine. The Liverpool deal is the biggest in Europe I believe. Also, the notion that Roma's kit will suffer marketing wise by choosing Warrior is pretty false in my mind. The kit will be more heavily marketed because that is what the owners plan on doing. People will buy the kit because it is Roma and Warrior does a good job. I think Nike is very hit or miss with their kits so if Warrior can do a decent enough job AND give us more money - you go with it.

14. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I love the style of Kappa so this is bittersweet for me.

The same reason why I love our Kappa kits is the very same reason that makes Kappa bad business - few teams use Kappa, hence our kit sets itself apart from the masses of Nike and Adidas...

At the same time it's difficult to find it in any stores - sh*t even here in the UK despite being in Europe I am yet to see a Roma shirt when I walk into a local sports retailer. I can't imagine walking into a sport store in Asia and finding a Kappa shirt??? Marketing and Distribution are not Kappa's strong points, style is.

Nike or Adidas are the exact opposite and if our strategy is to go big or go home, then a global brand like Adidas or Nike makes much more business sense.

I hate loose-fitting shirts so if we're going to get rid of Kappa, the only other option I will be happy with is if we go with Adidas and we get the TECHFIT option.

Techfit:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.soccerbible.com/news/foo...c-milan-home-10-11-adidas-football-shirt.aspx

15. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I actually like the kappa style. I hope we dont get adidas or nike, because then our jersey will look the same as every other teams jersey (obviously apart from the crest) i hope its a unique sponsor

16. forza venti

forza venti Member

Jul 23, 2006
    MI
    Club:
    AS Roma

Oh, I agree with what you say - I simply said I wouldn't be surprised if it were Warrior. Warrior is a good brand on the upswing, but for me personally, I hope they come with Nike. For marketability, looks, etc.

17. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Nike or Adidas please. I prefer Adidas.

18. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Kappa jersey's are fantastic to wear casually, the material is great.

However we use to where them during school and they were garbage whisking away moisture and it doesnt look like that has changed at all.

[​IMG]

Make is so.

19. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Even if warrior offers a little more cash, it's against Roma's best interests

DDR repped this.
  20. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Agreed, if we're going to go to warrior, I'd rather we had stayed with Kappa.

21. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Spot on ... Warrior would be a colossal mistake and a display of ignorance on the part of the owners to look past their reality. Perhaps Warrior is a popular brand in the United States but over here you don't see it and you don't hear of it. We don't have the pull or name to go with a brand like that.

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I never see Warrior....if you guys go american at least get Under-armor but then again i havent seen many spurs jerseys...

23. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nike is American, just saying

24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yes but I dont see Roma being able to get Nike....well not right now.

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the US when you think Warrior you think Lacrosse. They make excellent lax equipment.