Club Business Thread ** I miei Celtics **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Apr 16, 2011.

1. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yes, technically the Bank of Madrid owns Christiano Ronaldos rights

2. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They've been recording record profits which is why they are allowed to borrow so much

3. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Newcastle is signing 8 million £ for 3 years. Roma should be able to match that and do better

4. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Newcastle plays in the EPL.

5. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think is the Spanish banking group Bankia that own Real Madrid. I read an article a few months ago saying that if worse comes to worst and the European Central Bank demand certain assurances from Bankia (as Bankia have amassed 19 billion euro debt), Bankia could use Ronaldo and co to assure it's solvency.

6. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Roma is worth considerably more. I can't find newscastles worth but its not as high plus Roma will be in champions league win 3 years probably

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    does not matter the EPL is constantly exposed and is considerd the best league in the world. Bars the world over have epl games and they even show the games at 3 am! I cant name one bar in my city that does that for Serie A. Roma would have to put in a constant showing in the CL to get a big money sponsorship deal.

8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't disagree but it's definitely possible to push 10 .

9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    it will take many sponsors I think Napoli is just taking in around 5mil with our two sponsors.

10. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Premier League will probably be a super league within the next 5 years. Especially with Spain's tax increase for footballers, and England's insane TV deals coming next season. I don't think anyone will be able to compete with England's prices. Well anyone not owned by a sugar daddy that's

Edit:
    I do think we can build a market though. We just need to actually start winning games, and be competitive in Europe first. I'm glad we dropped all this Barca model BS, our idols for what this club should look like by 2016 should be Dortmund.

Vulpinous repped this.
  11. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Roma takes in 5 on an awful, old deal so

12. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  13. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If anything from the summer proved Russia is the next "Super" league

14. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doubt it. You still have to live in Russia.

Vulpinous and Il Ciuccio repped this.
  15. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Or Sheepshead Bay ;)

16. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So I remember hearing back in September that Roma had to do certain things to get within 50 million Euro's of loss, due to Financial Fair Play.

However, I don't entirely believe them. In FFP, the figures of losses for the next 3 years are 45 million. However, this is not black and white. It can exceed 45 million if you show that you are improving the squad and taking the necessary steps towards profitability.

I just don't know who to believe. Is it possible a major organization is misinterpreting the rules? OR do they not have the money to finance the team? The second one seems more logical.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2012/09/uefas-ffp-regulations-play-to-win.html

17. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Andreas repped this.
  18. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    14 Nov 2012
    Anthony Wright
    Roma Debt Increases By Nearly €17m In Three Months To €71.5m
    [​IMG]
    Roma have released an official report detailing the club's financial activities over the last quarter, which has revealed that the club's debt has increased to €71.599m.

As well as activities for the most recent quarter, the report also compares the figures with regard to the same quarter last year. Sponsorship income has remained fairly stable compared to last year, but television and image rights have increased by 60% from €6.6m to over €10.5m. Although the club's operating revenue has also increased by €3.3m to €21.2m, operating costs have gone up even more substantially from €33.8m to €38.4m.

For the full report (in Italian), click here to download the pdf from the club's official website.

In the summary on page 13 of the report, it is stated that the team's failure to qualify for a European competition last year has heightened the difficulty in balancing the books. More players have consequently been brought in to help Roma achieve its objectives on the pitch, but the squad has also been significantly trimmed in order to reduce costs.

"The 2012/13 period began under the cloud of the recession that is affecting the major financial markets, both industrial and commercial, the effects of which have produced a negative impact on the club's principal markets", the statement reads.

"The current macroeconomic situation is therefore characterised by profound elements of uncertainty, which do not yet allow for the belief that these problems can be definitively overcome in the short term.

"The sporting results achieved by the team in the 2011/12 season did not allow for European qualification, which would have generated income and offset at least part of the fixed costs that the club will have to support during 2012/13.

"As promised, the club has followed its strategy of developing the technical aspect of the team. Further investments were made to buy the rights to young players who are able to guarantee the club to grow competitively in the Italian championship.

"The outgoing operations have resulted in the reduction of the number of registered players with a positive and significant impact on the costs on personnel. The reduction, however, does not allow for a positive growth margin and it will therefore be necessary to provide adequate resources to finance the current situation and previously made investments".

-----------------------------------------------------

http://asroma.co.uk/news/news-from-...reases-by-nearly-17m-in-three-months-to-71-5m

19. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's considerably sad news, Europa league was a must last year... This year we NEED to get a berth on EL, else we'll be massively in debt and will most likely be forced to sell some of our younger talents (i.e. Lamela) to counterbalance this. I know EL is not a lot of money but to quote those cheesy Tesco ads, "every little helps"

20. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am all for EL, because if we are targetting CL in some years time... we will need high coeficients.
    Our uefa ranking gone ape shit now, if we make CL we will be seeded 3rd if not 4th .
    Last time as 2nd seed, we got basel and club to make it easily with bad performances.

21. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I'm not even dreaming CL, though I'd welcome the money, I know we'd get slaughtered there really, imagine our defence vs. the likes of Balotelli, Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, we all saw what Zlatan did to us, NO.

But no EL two seasons in a row and I will be quite disappointed...

22. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    El will not help finances

23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ciao De Rossi?

24. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know EL is a lot less than CL, but is it really that insignificant, not even a couple dozen mills?

25. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The Europa League money is so little that it makes very little difference to Roma's financials.