Club Business Thread ** I miei Celtics **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Apr 16, 2011.

1. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    nah, his touch is not that good

Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  2. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    On a serious note.
    Such wasted talent , just like Mancini and Cassano. Cassano could've been one of the best players in the world if he just trained hard enough.

3. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.

[​IMG]

Shen-O, porreca and Oban14 repped this.
  4. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    2014-15 Season ticket already hit 18,000. Last year that number was reached in July.

5. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    #3931 Ragnaroz, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
    I don't know much about economy and stock exchange and I know even less about Roma's current stock because I don't follow it, but from everything I've learned about our current owners over the years, I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if every word of this was true. Then again, I also wouldn't be surprised if this was just another attempt to throw the club off balance.

edit: This may put things in some perspective. http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/ASR:IM

The share did increase in value during the 10-win start of the season, but has been steadily declining ever since. There have been no jumps, not even when we clinched 2nd place, which definitely looks a bit iffy to me.

6. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't understand how they could manipulate the value though. I recall the rumor floating around that they wanted to take the club out of public trading, which would obviously involve buying out the rest of the share holders. I'm not disputing the possibility, but I don't understand how Pallotta and Co. could rig the stock to nose dive, especially with the stadium project presentation.

That player value section is way wrong, which sort of compromises the whole entry IMO. That part is exclusively a soap box rant.

7. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Just look at the name of the site. AS Roma crime? This is some biased Rubentino or Laziale. Moving on.

8. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #3934 DDR, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
    My understanding is the player valuation are estimates set by the club and released durring investor meetings. They represent a best case scenario return.

9. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    If selling high to create selling pressure and then buying low is manipulating, then every traded financial instrument in the world is manipulated. If you don't know that before hand with a plan to deal with it then you really shouldn't be putting your money in the stock market.

10. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough, but we all know how much meaning that list has, just by eyeballing it. The only person who would put any weight into that list is working an angle.

11. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are plenty of Romanisti who are opposed enough to the ownership to feel the way that site author feels. You can't please everyone.

Juventini don't make websites like that. They make out with pictures of Lucky Luciano and proclaim Moggi's innocence.

12. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    No actually that's market manipulation.

La Magica repped this.
  13. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I guess then you don't actively trade. This happens in every instrument, all you have to do is open a price chart and see the volume around the peaks/bottoms. Many traders base their whole strategies on that. you can sell and buy most stocks/currencies/options multiple times every day, affecting the price to your advantage if you are a big trader is the name of the game.

It takes 2 to tango, they can't sell to themselves, THAT would be manipulation. Selling freely in the market is natural, there is no way around it. If the demand is bigger than what they are offering then the price won't go down. There is 0 way you can get around that or try to regulate it.

Now for the guy on the website, if he is sure its manipulated then all of what he needs to do is to go short the stock. If the Stock Exchange is not allowing shorts, then he can just keep the stock or buy more if he thinks its artificially low priced.

14. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    There is a difference between an outside trader going on a trend and inside trading as the article suggests.

15. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Artificial market manipulation , by any sort of means , can get you in very deep ********ing trouble.
    leaking false speculations by a newspaper , saying that X person wants to buy Y Thing (remember the sheik? yeah.), it makes actions fluctuate .
    It's illegal , full stop.

16. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    To be honest I didn't read the article because an article from a site "as roma crime" seems a little biased in my opinion but if they are trading simply to create artificial volume or price, it's market manipulation.

17. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The stock market and the peanut gallery that determines a stock value is a concept I struggle with. That fact aside, how can someone just plummet the stock price because they say so? In the past, club stock would soar whenever the wind blew a certain way. With the performance of the club and the stadium project seemingly more real than it has ever been, it seems like stock should be soaring, so I can see the suspicion that something is going on, but I still don't grasp how stock can go down, just because.

18. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    By speculation or release of false news through newspapers , that's how Roma's stock price went up/down in the last years , because of media sensalization.

19. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The site was registered to post that article. What name should he have used given the nature of said article? He suspects AS Roma is being used in a crime. That's what the article deal with. Should he have registered as-roma-flowers.nl?

20. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would make sense if there were rumors of Pallotta moving the club to Papua New Guinea or the stadium plans being a facade. To this point, the only rumors have been positive, so that wouldn't explain the downward trend with stocks.

Come on. I'm sure they could have worked something out with GoDaddy if they wanted to be more neutral, but they had no such desire.

21. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    They don't need to be neutral, they are making a very grave accusation.

22. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would hold more credibility if they just presented facts. Most people can put two and two together, but when the presentation is that obviously biased, it gives people an excuse to discount the author.

It's like when Obama took office in the U.S. The birther crowd. People discounted the argument before they heard it because the people making the argument were wearing tin foil tuxedos.

23. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't see the correlation, but whatever who really cares anyway.

24. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have Fioranelli or Rosella actually received any sanctions for their market manipulation, or did they just get a stern finger wag from someone?