Club Business Thread ** I miei Celtics **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Apr 16, 2011.

1. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Manchester City and Paris St Germain will learn this week whether they are deemed to be in serious breach of Uefa’s financial fair play rules.

The Club Financial Control Body’s (CFCB) investigatory chamber, headed by former Belgium prime minister Jean-Luc Dehaene, is to meet on Tuesday and Wednesday to consider the cases of 76 clubs. Those clubs considered to have committed serious breaches of Uefa’s break-even rules will be referred to the CFCB’s adjudicatory panel for a final verdict, with Uefa to announce details of all sanctions around May 5th.

The sanctions could include being barred from European competition.

Manchester City, who have lost €180 million in the past two seasons, and PSG are both understood to be among the 76 clubs under investigation. The CFCB panel will have four options open to them: to dismiss the case; to agree a settlement with the club effectively putting them on probation; to issue a reprimand and fine of up to €100,000; or in serious cases to refer the club to the adjudicatory chamber.

The clubs should therefore know their position, and how much they have to fear, by the end of the week. PSG are believed to be most at risk — the Qatari-owned club effectively wiped out its annual losses of €130 million by announcing a back-dated sponsorship deal with the Qatar Tourism Authority. As it is a deal with a related party, however, the French club will have to convince Uefa the deal is a fair market value.

French newspaper L’Equipe reported last month that Uefa officials found the Paris club’s officials “a bit haughty” in the discussions over FFP, but that Manchester City had been more convincing.

PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi insisted in January the sponsorship deal was not creative accounting. He said: “Our contract with Qatar Tourism Authority is not some accounting trick. It’s the same contract we have with Emirates.

“There’s no reason for Uefa to disagree. Everything is legal. Our lawyers are very competent.”

Clubs can lose up to €45 million over the last two years under Uefa’s rules.

City made losses of €118.5 million in 2012 and €62.3 million last year, but can write off sums spent on facilities, youth development and a number of other items.

Other top English clubs have little to fear, with the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United being in the black in both years.

Chelsea made a €60 million loss last year but made a €1.7 million profit in 2012 so will comply.

Liverpool and other clubs such as Monaco, who are not playing in Europe this season, will not have to pass the FFP rules until next autumn, with any sanctions applicable in 2015.

Liverpool last month announced losses of €60 million up to the end of May 2013, and a further €49 million over the previous 10 months. Uefa confirmed it would announce any decisions at the start of next month.

A statement said: “Uefa does not provide any details about clubs’ ongoing investigations as part of the monitoring process, nor will it comment on correspondence between the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) and clubs. Uefa will only communicate once decisions have been taken by the CFCB investigatory chamber, which we anticipate will happen at the beginning of May.”

Clubs can appeal against any decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-clubs-set-learn-ffp-fates-140407553--sow.html

2. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Blatter's son works for PSG. Don't expect any heartwarming news

3. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Seems I was wrong about De Rossi and Gervinho's numbers.

However, I still think people are vastly underestimating the amount of players who choose a number that corresponds to their position by saying it's "completely dead."

There are also some variations in position number association so maybe people are meaning only the older system with no FB instead of the more modern ones taken from 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 bases?

#4, just for example, would be a CB in older systems but a DM in a 4-4-2 based system.

4. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    [​IMG]

GamE_Ove12, iGiallorossi and meazza repped this.
  5. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i never meant it was completely dead, but there's not a universal numbering system anymore. period!

the NFL actually has number restrictions based upon position in their rulebook. you'll never see a quarterback wear the number 69 because he can't!

but i do disagree that people are underestimating the amount of players choosing numbers based upon position. i would argue it's way more common that players are choosing numbers based upon players they admire who wore a certain number. if you follow that chain far enough back, you might find a player who originally played that position and received that number based on the position they played.

i think it's very rare that players today other than goalkeepers are saying, "i want to wear number ___ because i play ___". it's more like, "i want to wear number _____ because ______ wears that number and i model my game after him!"

wm72 repped this.
  6. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's a good point you make about players choosing numbers of previous players.
    That's probably the most common reason that so many do correspond with position.

7. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wore 99 for Cassano for a brief point.

I was given #10 when I was 4 years old though, and I still play it, even though I became more of a #8.

8. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wear 18 because of Cassano and Batistuta...I'm pretty much a #10 type player, almost completely offensive, hate defending, shit at it...but #18 has just stuck. Nobody else ever wants it either so I always get it for myself easiy

9. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    I usually wear Adriano's number because I'm overweight.

Oban14, DCUroma, Haakon24 and 9 others repped this.
  10. ShoelessMan

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i started wearing number 8 in high school because it was the number i was given in baseball and football and i wanted a number that was MINE. i had a #8 goalie jersey and a #8 field player jersey. my senior year in high school, my two best friends died within a month of each other. their jersey numbers were #6 and #23, so i added the three numbers together (6, 8, 23) and got my new number, #37, which i wore for the rest of my career in college and the pros.

La Magica and meazza repped this.
  11. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wore 23 because of Beckham. Don't judge me.

12. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    As long as you don't take it to the next level and call your kids after the place you and your lady @#£%&.....:devilish:

13. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    i shall name you, Bleacher

La Magica, whill4 and Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  14. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Wow, thats some bad luck right there, if you dont mind me asking, did they both die of natural causes?

15. ShoelessMan

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no... the first one was a suicide and the second was a car wreck turned fireball. i spent the next year convinced i was going to be next. luckily for me, i wasn't. i committed myself to making the pro team we grew up going to see play, and i did, wearing #37.

16. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    That must have been devastating, my confolences! What sport/team were you pro for? Do you have a wiki page?:p

17. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Ok, that's fine test tube, you can shorten yours to have a rapper style , T-Tube.

schnix repped this.
  18. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
  19. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    [​IMG]

20. ShoelessMan

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it was soccer, but the team i played for isn't important.

i was a goalkeeper, but i never played an official game in 3 years on the team. the starting goalkeeper (who i grew up modeling my game after) was a legend, so i sat the bench waiting for him to retire. i was the future, but after the tragedy at columbine high school, i retired at the age of 21 to move to colorado and help the kids heal. it was one of the best decisions i've ever made!

Oban14 and porreca repped this.
  21. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013

I think i'm winning a record for reps for that post lol

22. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The key word being may. When it comes down to it these money clubs will win

23. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think the fact that they are making them go through all this trouble and serious threats is a good start and enough to send a message to other clubs to take FFP seriously. They may get out of it but I doubt they will dare to do something similar in the future.

La Magica repped this.
  24. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I think Man City passes this one by claiming the wage exemption. If I remember correctly, the first step is that they will be found to be in violation (at this point the press headlines will go crazy) but after that they can claim the wage exemption.

25. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just found this footage of Adriano during a training session.

[​IMG]

Andreas and Salmeen10 repped this.