Club Atletico River Plate - Friendly Matches & Tournaments (R)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, May 28, 2007.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    History repeats itself.

2. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its great to be back bossing the bosta. We were better in all three games and it appears Ramon has energized everyone.Now we need to put the piratas in jail next week.Like Steazy I think futbol Argentino is on the up.Passarella put that 4 million for Mora now

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And on top another great Argentina triumph without the traitor bostero

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Props to Rojas, who in general was pretty resisted by River fans. He had a good pre-season - scoring a golazo de chilena, giving the assists in both goals in last night's superclasico, and also assisting our second goal in the first superclasico after coming off the bench. I don't know if it's Ramon that motivated him or if he plays somewhat of a different role than with Almeyda, but he looks like a different player. If he continues like this he will be a great alternative for Vangioni.

6. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    More than that he has shown he can play doble cinco as well .

7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The team for tomorrow vs. "la seleccion" de Salta:
    Chichizola;
    Gonzalez Pirez-Espindola López-Silguero;
    Solari or Vega-Acevedo-Kranevitter-Diego Martinez;
    Lanzini;
    Iturbe-Rogelio Funes Mori

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lol at this game. Turned the game on and we are already up 1-0. Goal from Solari, who could be playing for a chance to replace sanchez next week

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL.. first half 4-0 for our subs. :laugh:

Solari, Iturbe, Acevedo, and an own goal from the Saltenos.

10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL LOL LOL I'm pretty embarrassed we didn't score in the second half. I stopped watching at half time and went for a walk to enjoy the nice day. Just got back and am shocked it ended 4-0.

The Salta goalie was one of the worst players i've ever seen. Did anyone see his attempted "save" on Iturbe's goal? :ROFLMAO::laugh:

Seriously, I think my team would have put up a better fight.

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River opens the preseason tonight against Juventud Antoniana. Ramon is putting out a team mainly of inexperienced players, but we do have the known quantities of Chichizola, Pezzella, Maidana, Balanta, and Rojas...

Chichizola; Maidana, Pezzella, Balanta; Solari, Kranevitter, Rojas, Gomez; Tomas Martinez; Andrada y Kaprof

I'm actually excited to see this match. Especially excited to see the pibe Kaprof who I've heard great things about and of course Andrada, who could be very important for us this coming tournament, considering as of now, we haven't signed any forwards.

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Interesting friendly match so far from the pibes.

This kid Kaprof has lived up to the hype, he's been really impressive. Great dribbler, he had a decent chance or two, but couldn't score.

Tomas Martinez and Kranevitter are both really talented players. I like both of them each time I see them. They have the ADN of River no question. Hope they continue to grow, in River.

Pezzella looks back to 100%, though to be fair, he and the rest of the defense haven't had much to do.

Balanta had a few interventions and is just playing at a different speed. CRACK

Interestingly, the oldest player on the field, Ariel Rojas, has also been the worst for River. Completely wasteful on every free kick/corner kick, don't know why he keeps taking them with Tomas on the field. Also very careless with the ball in open play.

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Here, Gaucho... here. :D

RiverGaucho repped this.
  14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nice save Chichizola :eek:

Ponzio comes in with a new look... Not a fan Leo, not a fan

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Discpicable tactics by the salteños... First an outrageous foul on Ponzio, now they hit Balanta and get a deserved red card. Its a friendly! :mad::mad: Ramon should tell the players to walk off the field if this continues :mad:

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You can't be serious! :mad:

That foul was ridiculous.. it hurt to see it in slow motion. It's the 41st minute of a freaking friendly match, why go so hard?

Hopefully it isn't too bad for Ponzio..

17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is the one downside to playing lower division teams in the preseason. Even in torneo de verano, other primera teams don't go so hard...

That was a disgrace. We should never play that team again.

Poor, Ponzio, he didn't look good limping off :(

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I thought Carbonero and Fabbro were both good. Definitely add much needed quality to the midfield.

Carbonero is going to be able to build a good relationship with Laznini, and his centers for Teo are going to be key. He also almost scored a header himself, but Saja made an incredible diving save.

Fabbro played an unbelievable pass to Luna who tried to chip Saja and failed. Luna was just terrible. I can't believe how after a year at the club, he is still so over weight and out of shape. Teo coming is huge news, but if anything happens to him, I'd prefer Andrada or Simeone before Luna. Unbelievable.

I feel bad for Luna. He seems like a good, humble guy every time I see him interviewed. Sadly for him, he will never make it at River. He should go back to Tigre where is loved by the fans

Lanzini was also good. Very good finish on the goal.

The defense was shaky. Maidana was really bad. Pezzella gave the ball away too much, but was good at marking in the air and on ground. Balanta was the best on the team, as usual.

Barovero made many smart saves, especially at the end when he made a save from Carvalan, then managed to kick the ball away from Vietto when the ball was in mid air. Top goalie.

20. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    So what do you think about the game againist Racing???
    First of all I think Luna is horrible... FM9 also, so why we had to sell TREZEGUET????????????
    Barovero is one of the best River goalkeeper I have seen ever, the defence was good, Balanta and Maidana are very strong point, Pezzella must have some games to get back in his form. Ponzio was also good, but yesterday Lobo was weak, in this season I want to in the pitch Kranevitter more, than Lobo... In my opinion Sanches performance is little for this River, Carbonero and he is in other dimension... Lanzini is Lanzini, he is the next Lamela... Vangioni is one of the best player in the left side in Argentina. Fabbro ... I don't know... It was his first game, he was quite good, but I think he will be better in the future... I'm waiting for Teo Gutiérrez, I think we also must have Iturbe, I hope we can agree with Porto, if not, we have to transfer another forward of get many chances Andrada, Simeone and Kaprof.
    With this team we can win the championship:

---------------------------Barovero-------------------------------
    -------Maidana----------Pezzella--------------Balanta---------
    -------------Ponzio----------Ledesma/Kranevitter------------
    Carbonero--------------Fabbro/Lanzini-------------Vangioni
    --------------Lanzini/Iturbe----------Teo Gutiérrez-----------

21. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    I saw the game the same as you... Luna was terrible, so why had to we sell Trezegol??? I don't believe it... Luna is slow, fat and he score after every 20. chance...

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well why Trezeguet left only Ramon Diaz and Passarella know. It was clearly a clash of egos between Ramon and Trezeguet.

That being said, we didn't sell him. He is on loan at Newell's for one season, and River is still playing almost all of his wages.

So yes we are all mad that David is gone, but he has a chance to return to River in one year. Hopefully he can score goals at Newell's and Ramon will welcome him back, though it seems unlikely.

balazsriver10 repped this.
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree that Kranevitter should replace Ledesma as a starter this season. As solid and great as lobo was in the Torneo Final, I don't think he has much left in him. Kranevitter, on the other hand, seems to be a crack and could add a much needed change of pace in the midfield, which is one of the reasons the team creates so little at times.

I would also replace Sanchez with almost anybody.. hopefully Carbonero is the answer.

With Teo coming, our attack should improve.. I think with those two changes (Kranevitter x Ledesma, Carbonero x Sanchez) + Teo + Iturbe (if possible), we'd have a very dynamic and dangerous team.

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It will be nice to be playing in Europe after such a long hiatus. I want River to play more preseason tours in USA or Europe, to promote the club, marketing, etc. This will be a good start. The world needs to remember that Di Stefano started his career and became a star at River a decade before he even set foot in Madrid.

As for how the game will go against Real Madrid, my god it will be damn near impossible to keep it close. We almost certainly won't have Balanta, but we should have Chori and Cave back by then, and hopefully whoever the next president is, can keep Pezzella and Vangioni and Barovero.