Clausura 2014

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by Grimmjow316, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    #1 Grimmjow316, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    Well some good news is that Olivier Ayala is staying in Mexico, Alianza was in talks with FESA about bringing him in if he wasn't going to stay in Mexico. Also it is looking more now that Kevin Santamaria is headed to Guatemala.

http://www.edhdeportes.com/index.php/legionarios/12023-olivier-ayala-seguira-en-el-leon-de-mexico

http://www.edhdeportes.com/index.ph...aciones-de-suchitepequez-por-kevin-santamaria

2. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Aguila is getting owned in this Free Agency period losing every prospect they targeted and only really landing that 34 year old Jamaican.

FAS, Firpo and Alianza, damn it, great signings.

3. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It's interesting they mention youth but haven't at least tried to get some kids from FESA. Someone mentioned on twitter if it's a coincidence that the beach player has the same name.

Edit: Not liking that FAS is signing all these strikers though how are they going to go about it the have Bentos, Aguila, Ulloa and Peña already and word is they just got Mazzia.

4. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I will say I'm surprised that Aguila hasn't attempted to get Diego Coca because after Osael left them they really suffered. I think he would be a big lift to the club and place another player from the U-20 into the first division.

I wonder what happened to Gonzalez from Santa Tecla? I didn't hear his name much last season.

5. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    FAS has already sent in its roster for this new season.

News on the teams in preseason.
    http://www.culebritamacheteada.com.sv/los-equipos-de-primera-retoman-los-trabajos-de-pretemporada/

6. mcdwg76

mcdwg76 Member

Jan 30, 2009
    OKinawa, Japan
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    How is Metapan looking for next year, you think they'll do a better job at CONCACAF?

7. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    This could be the best Metapan going in from the last two attempts with Paulo Suarez coming back since they couldn't work anything out with Comunicaciones from Guatemala. The did get another Uruguayan striker and a Panamanian defender to replace Aquino and to add depth I suppose in the striker position. If El Ruso stays healthy they could make a run as long as they don't get blown out on the road. I will say this though I'm not a fan at how much influence Suarez has since that Uruguayan striker was brought in at his behest and this could have been the reason that Lester was loaned to Firpo.

But then again it could have been the comments he made last year about saying it would be a step back in his career, who knows.

8. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  9. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Looks like FESA is a feeder team two more have moved on to Aguila.

“@elgraficionado: RT @samartell1965: Los becarios de FESA: Álvaro Lizama (volante izquierdo) y Elmer Gámez (zaga central) son nuevos aguiluchos.”

They also have interest in Coca but are still working out the details.

mavericks67 repped this.
  10. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So when is bentos reyes and Alexander campos retiring small teams should try to get young players

11. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Bentos said that this Clausura might be his last, while Reyes said he wanted to end his career with the club that brought him to el Salvador (Dragon) so i assume his career might end when the contract ends.
    While Campos might stay around for a while.
    To be fair its not really the small team its mostly those who coach the team that keep most players that are past their prime just look at Dragon squad for this season filled with veterans ..currently being coached by Nelson Ancheta as opposed to both Guillermo Rivera and Juan Ramon Sanchez who are using a mix of both young players and a few veterans.

12. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I'm pretty excited the league re-starts next weekend. Granted I'm not expecting Aguila to even get to the playoffs lol.

I guess there's no interest to make another league in Fantasy around here? It's no fun if only 3 people are active all season anyway.

13. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    aguilas 34 year old striker

14. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Well I will create another league as soon I get back from work. I will let you guys now the code and details as soon as possible

Aguila will have a better showing this season though I am not sure if they have the capacity to make the final (lacking dpeth in defence and goalkeeping)

My predictions top 4
    Metapan, Juventud, FAS, Firpo or Dragon

Marte have lost so many players and failed to recruit any new or add experience i believe they will struggle.
    Team for relegation tough one sadly think it will be between santa tecla or UES.

15. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    For those wnating to play fantasy league the code is 85490-98451

16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    #FreeTuffy

17. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I noticed last season's league is actually still in tact under the Liga tab. That code is 06014-18685.

18. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I saw tweet yesterday, saying that they are gonna make an U-17 league or something of the likes. Does anyone have any idea how this would work? (Fede Salv Futbol was the account that tweeted that.)

19. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Supposedly that's the idea they want to push but money will be the issue. I know that the third division wanted to make it U23 only but the presidents of the clubs voted against it.

20. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well, supposedly CONCACAF is supposed to help pay for it.
    That wouldve been better for all the divisions

21. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  22. William Flores

United States
    Apr 17, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Droman x repped this.
  23. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    cheap and disposable.

Grimmjow316 repped this.
  24. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Aguila can do better this season than the last I see them in the final four. Good foreigners like Douglas Caetano,Jermaine Anderson seems very promising and this Ismael Rodriguez hopefully I'm not wrong. Despite there age is over 30 age is not a factor is about the level of play better yet and I wonder how much Aguila is paying these players what are going to be there salary?

25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Douglas Caetano is their best player.. he's not old and a forward built for a higher level.

Tuffy and Ismael are relics bruh, but I guess after 6 months they should be on their way out anyways.