Pre-match: (CL - Quarterfinals - 1st leg): Manchester United v Bayern Munich 01/04/14

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by chewz, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    there is no way they would outnumber us in our box unless they bring all their ten players into the box.someone is taking the corner there are two outside the box for rebounds plus the goalkeeper

2. SLC25

SLC25 Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Jordan
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bastian's goal was priceless. Had this finished 1-0 and they score in Munich we'd need to win 3-1 or we're out. Now 1-1 goes to extra time and 2-1 we qualify. I see it as a big difference.

3. FCB_KVB

FCB_KVB Member+

Apr 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It's not about us playing for a 0-0, it's about them not being able to do so. With the 1-1, ManU now have to score at least 1 goal to progress. They can't bunker up and defend for the 0-0 draw, which could have been their best bet.

For further proof of the importance of away goals, see Robben's goal in 2010 again. They dominated the first half, had major chances in the second, but we held on having scored the required number of away goals.

4. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know if someone mentioned before but why we don't put two short players on the post on corner kicks.

5. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We never do. Pep uses zone marking to defend corners. One man in front of the post along the six yard box but not on the goal line

6. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Didn't we have the same discussion last season after the 9-2 against HSV where we conceded 2 goals in a similar manner? It's the goalkeeper's decision.

Matakos repped this.
  7. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We've actually gotten better at set pieces this year then I can remember the last few years.

I remember when an opposing teams set piece was an automatic goal..

The defending on this one, wasn't great to say the least though.