Pre-match: CL Group Stage: 4. Spieltag FC Bayern München gg. OSC Lille 07.11.2012

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by The Bavarian Oak, Nov 5, 2012.

1. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we thank Heynckes for this, but even moreso FO's stance in the transfer market and bringing in players that weren't guaranteed a spot on the bench, but willing to challenge each day for the position.

That and the ability - as you just stated in the gameday thread - that resting key players due to rotation of like talent is massive so far this season.

I think we see a more 'fresh' Bayern each week.

Dhajj repped this.
  2. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As I said before, if by somehow we start locking up the BL by march..
    We can rest our best 11 possible for each CL game thus giving us a huge advantage over our opponents..

Granted we make it to the 1/4 finals...

I don't doubt we will make the R16

3. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. We need to get through this patch of games first... injury free.

The quality of the depth is providing a massive boost. Get through November successfully and we are in a good spot.

4. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    This is big in general for the team. In Ribery's specific case, however, I think he's extra motivated because he's one of our most competitive players. He missed one CL final we lost and was subbed out before the PKs in the other so I think he feels he's got something to prove about attitude and work.

5. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If we win our next 3 matches, we will have essentially sealed the title and keep a healthy lead for the whole 2nd half of the season. It would mean at least 10 points Eintracht essentially taking them out of the equation, at least 7 points over Schalke, but I would imagine 9-10 points which again would seal the deal and 14 points over Dortmund.

Dhajj repped this.
  6. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Schalke certainly look fine this season, i wouldn't put anything out of reach with holtby, huntelaar and neudstrater they look very solid.