Pre-match: (CL: Final) FC Bayern Munich gg. Chelsea FC 05.19.2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Lahmfan, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Alaba's yellow card was one of the most ridiculous yellow cards I've seen in my life. He should complain to UEFA so that they can cancel it. Uefa would be really stupid not to.Also, It would be ridiculous if Bayern do not appeal that yellow.

2. terrypk1

terrypk1 Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    in the last 10 years of watching champions league...i have never remembered a single case won by appealing to UEFA.

but nonetheless, GIVE IT A TRY. WE GOT MONEY NOW!!!

3. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Imagine you lose the final vs Chelsea and lose to us in Berlin, you would be the new Neverkusen. It would be hilarious. We will be laughing for years. However, I really hope you beat Chelsea because they are a poor team and dont deserve to be in the final.

4. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    milan does.

5. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So tim's 2nd team. :p

6. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    my hands are short and i cant talk crap about bvb :)

so i make fun about his first team where they were happy that they tied barca at home :p

7. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Chelsea can put out a formidable eleven

------Cech

-Bosingwa--Cahill--Luiz--Cole

----Mikel--Essien
    ------Lampard

-Sturridge-Drogba--Mata

Bench- Ferreira, Torres, Kalou, Malouda

Doesnt look so bad, So we need to be cautious cos Drogba can cause Tymo a lot of grief

8. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I wasnt one of those who were really happy with the draw at home but it wasnt too bad. Robinho and Ibra had two unbelievable chances that should have scored. There is no shame in losing to Barca though but to be honest they were not that great against us. The first two goals were gifts by Mexes and Nesta and the ref. You did not play them this season so we will never know how good you are against the best.

9. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I think Alaba and Kroos have really been our heros this season and have rediscovered themselves as players. Kroos deputized brilliantly for schweinsteiger is the best playmaker in Germany - all in one season. Alaba has really made our left flank special, has incredible passing and attacking prowess and his decision making, strength, pace and defensive ability is just incredible .

10. GarmischaBua

GarmischaBua Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I am here with you man. If anyone deserved to be there, it was him. All fight and hustle for the whole 220 minutes.

11. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What do we give our chances now??

The cinderella story team of Chelsea missing 4 key players..

And us on home turf for the final missing 3 key players???

I still have a bad feeling about this with the way things have fallen for Chelsea in Barca..

We can't underestimate them what so ever!

We have to come out fighting like we did in Madrid today.

12. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I think Kalou will start ahead of Sturridge.
    I dont rate Cahill highly at all. Essien and Lampard are past it. Mikel is not a good player. Mata looks pretty useless these days. Sturridge is very selfish. I dont think he will do anything. Drogba is dangerous. Bosingwa's defending has been made fun of for a long time.
    Chelsea beat Barca even without defenders because it was an exhausted Barca from the El Clasico and a Barca team who almost never shoots from long range and never crosses and does not try to dribble (on the wings) apart from Messi.They just play through the middle while Bayern have those things and can cause Chelsea's defense much more problems even if Chelsea park the bus.

13. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I feel sorry for all three of them. Badstuber's face after he got booked was especially disheartening. The all played wonderfully against Real over two legs. And they obviously all deserve to see this championship through considering the massive contributions they made to getting the team to this point.

14. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    are we really gona have this conversation again?

back to the the main topic....

Chelsea! we gona kick your ass :p

Umar repped this.
  15. SuperJville

SuperJville Member

May 7, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    so maybe it will look like this:

neuer

rafinha boateng van buyten lahm
    kroos-schweinsteiger
    robben-muller-ribery
    gomez

16. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    + Badstuber.

All 3 have had revelation-like improvements. Chelsea is going to be very difficult to beat. I remember Eto'o carried Inter into beating Bayern two years back, a goal and two assists. Drogba is complete like him as well, can get great assists and score important goals. I think the key is to keep Drogba quiet and if we do this, we should have a good chance to go through.

We should really start the first 20 minutes and run at their throats, and do our utmost to score a goal. The match itself is far away that it's difficult to talk about. There could be new injuries for either team (hope not) which could change the outlook of the match, not to mention form or Robbery fighting again. :p Regardless, I'm excited and I think we have a good chance to go through.

17. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i really wanna see lahm rb with bayern and germany.....

is there anyway we can train rafinha to be lb in the next 3 weeks? :p

18. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Cahill should be better than Tymo in defence. Lampard still gave a 5 star vs Barca both games and he is still a very dangerous player, Bosingwa was solid vs Barca etc

Cech, Lampard, Cole, Lampard are experienced big game players

What I am trying to say is, Bayen might have the home advantage but it isnt like Bayern have a better 11 available

BTW, Chelsea can call Torres, Sturridge off the bench, We would have to do Usami, Pranjic LOL

19. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes and I noted that earlier. But Badstuber is not an unsung hero, he is central to our success as a team, the best German defender - second to none.

I think Drogba would pose a huge physical threat. He is just so powerful and equally as intelligent with the ball. The way he got past barcelona's defense speaks volumes of his ability to destroy defenders with ease. Definitely in brilliant form.

Torres is also a threat. He can score, for sure - he plenty of pace and trickery and having Badstuber out will mean we'll have someone who is not accustomed to dealing with strikers firsthand. Definitely a concern here.

Thankful that Ramires is out, if there is one attacking player who can run us to the ground it is him - unbelievable player he is. Same applies to Ivanovic the rock and Terry.

20. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It'll be a very different game because we can run at players - park the bus and you'll be inviting long and heavy shots and we're bound to score that way, especially with gomez lurking in the middle.

Cahill is a pretty strong defender, he's just moved to chelsea but he is one of the capable when on a good day. Definitely shouldn't underestimate him as he's been sensational for Chelsea and did a brilliant job against Barcelona. In fact,t he entire defense did, including Bosingwa. Good ivanovic is out because he's no arbeloa and can attack as well.

21. DerChef

DerChef Member+

Oct 5, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am with many here in not underestimating Chelski. Since the removal of AVB they have put together an incredible run of results, including the two games against Barca. OK, they were very lucky in that Barca clearly dominated both matches and should have won - but they are there and will be dangerous.

The key for me however is their defensive style, which may not be so effective against us as it was against Barca whose tika-taka jab, jab, jab approach was not up to it. Barca tried to pass their way to the middle and kept hitting brick walls, and it will always be difficult to play this way if your luck is out, even against ten men. I am convinced that if we had been up against Chelsea's ten men, we would have torn them apart down the flanks. In fact, that is what I hope we do come May 19th.

The missing ones:

I think Alaba will be a massive loss, as he has improved exponentially since being given the LB position. He has started to own it, thus allowing Lahm to switch to his more natural RB slot and improving his game too. I can half-understand the penalty being awarded, but the yellow card was bordering on the criminal. For what it's worth I'd appeal against the decision, but we all know that this would be akin to punching smoke. So long as he stays in this team I think he will have another crack at a CL final.

Badstuber was visibly upset at his yellow, and so he should be. He played a solid game and is one of our key players, but that was a completely stupid challenge to make as the play was going nowhere. He's young though, and will learn.

Gustavo was at Real all night, and after being penalised for two excellent tackles his yellow was inevitable. Was solid enough, but I don't think there's much difference between him and Tymo so this is one loss we can perhaps cover.

Chelski:

While I'd rather not have any players out suspended, I think Chelski have got it worse. I rate Ivanovic highly, not just for his defensive abilities but also his presence in the opposition box for corners and free-kicks. His yellow card was as harsh as Alaba's, and his not starting will be a massive loss for them and a major boon for us. While I don't rate Terry that much, his ability to be in the right place at the right time for set-pieces will also be lost; in fact, I think with these two players missing a lot of the danger Chelsea pose from corners and set-pieces has been shorn out.

Then there's Ramires, whose creativity will be missed - just look at the goal he scored. Mereiles is not so big a loss.

That said, they do have a number of dangerous players. Lampard is always dangerous and pretty consistent, and an in-form Drogba can be a nightmare for even the best defenders. Off the bench they also have options.

Prediction:

The difference will be how the two wingers and Gomez perform - for a worst/best scenario, we need to look no further than the two games against Basel. In the first leg things were pretty dreadful, and when Gomez found himself in front of goal nothing was happening. In the second leg however - with what was essentially the same two teams on the pitch - everything just clicked. Rob and Rib played blinders, and Mario bagged a hattrick. It's hard to believe that these three players clicking was the difference between a 0-1 defeat and a 7-0 win.

What I am saying is that if we have an off day Chelsea are more than capable of catching us cold, but if Rib, Rob and Gomez are performing even at 50% (as was the case against Real where we could have won by a lot more) we should take it. If these three hit their straps like they did against Basel, we are capable of giving Chelsea a severe hiding.

22. KonohasOrangeFlash

KonohasOrangeFlash New Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wow, what an Ignorant view of our team. You obviously don't watch our team alot. Cahill is a good defender, he's been class since he joined. Essien, perhaps yes is past is, still a pretty handy player. Lampard, is not as good but still a good player who rises to the big occassions. Plus he plays in a deeper role now so he's much more effective. Sturridge tottaly agree, he is a selfish prick at times. The Mikel and Mata comments shows your utter ignorance and how you shouldn't be commenting on our team with your limited knowledge of Chelsea. Mikel was a player most Chelsea fans hated and wanted to get rid of. But this has been his best season and he has become a good holding player. He has been playing very well in the DM spot and is in good form. Mata has been brilliant this season. I have no idea where you got that idea from. He can change the game and is a genreally a Very good passer of the ball. Excellent, Quality player.

I'm predicting a Big performance from us and a Win for Chelsea. I think if we negate your Wingers we'll win comfortably.

Anyway good luck to Bayern and hope you all (with the exception of this ignorant fan) enjoy the Final!

23. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ^^First post and it's not in the Chelsea forum?

Welcome to BS, we are all hoping for a great final.

24. SupBro

SupBro New Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Very upset because Alaba won't play, but we have to win! Can't wait to go there even if I won't have a ticket.

25. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not being there will be the normality, there is already over one million ticket requests for the 17500 tickets Bayern has at their disposal