Pre-match: |CL - 1/4 Finals, 2nd Leg|: FC Bayern München - Manchester United FC 09.04.2014

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by The Bavarian Oak, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have no problem with Kroos tbh..

Thiago, Kroos and hojberg are the future midfield for this team.

We need to resolve this ridiculous contract shit..

2. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kroos is an incredible player for Pep's system and has some great qualities but I really don't give a shit if he extends or not. I would rather have Thiago 7 times out of 10.

3. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kroos has been playing like shit lately, but so has Götze. It's unfortunate they both slump at the same time, but it happens.

The Bavarian Oak repped this.
  4. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, but why not both?
    You can't have a Thiago without having Kroos. I hope he is not stupid enough to go to Manchester. In a way, it makes sense for this egoistical stuff to happen when you have newer and younger players earning much, much more than you are when you are already a Bayern player for as long as you know. Alaba and Boateng's case is not the same as Kroos. Doesn't mean he should demand over 8m though (if indeed Gotze earns that much).

chewz and Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  5. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both Boateng and Alaba are more important for Bayern than Kroos, and I'm sure he is in the midrange of the payroll at Bayern

6. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    His current contract is at 4.5m I think.

Other than Lahm, Neuer, Robben and Ribery, I don't think there are "more imporant" category players at FC Bayern right now. The reason perhaps Alaba is considered important is because he is one the very few elite left back talents in the world but other than that, I fail to see how he has been so important to our game this year, particularly against Kroos.

chewz and pep is mourinho's bitch repped this.
  7. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are several replacements for Kroos available. There are very few for Alaba. You take out Alaba and there's a massive black hole in the left side of the pitch. You take out Kroos, and you can replace him with one of our many, many quality midfielders.

8. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd be OK with Kroos leaving if his replacement was someone with the quality of Koke. Otherwise I'd love to see him stay. He seems to have a fantastic understanding with Thiago. It's like the two of them can read each other's minds.

9. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    speaking of thiago... when is he back?

10. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Koke, Hojbjerg, Pogba, William Carvalho, Pjanic, etc.

Also I think Boateng is extremely valuable to Bayern.

11. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ********inh read my mind, I just asked at the same time on the news thread :p

12. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Boateng, Dante, Alaba

13. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Alaba, Dante, Boateng, Schweinsteiger, Mandzukic, Muller all have also had greater impact on matches this season than Kroos IMO.

pep is mourinho's bitch and humin12 repped this.
  14. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't forget Robben!:thumbsup:

For the record, I don't "hate" Kroos. I just think he vastly overrated and doesn't deserve the playing time he got last season and to a lesser extent, this season. He's not good enough at AM to supplant Mueller or Goetze nor is he a DM that can supplant Lahm, Thiago and Schweini so I don't quite know where he fits in in the starting 11. And for him to demand top dollar from Bayern is ludicrous.

15. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The post I quoted already listed Lahm, Neuer, Robben, and Ribery. I was adding on to that list.

16. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I started watching the game an hour after it started. I was all proud that I made it home without checking the score and no one spoiling it for me. I'm waiting for the elevator and at that point I take out my headphones and put them in my pocket. Then suddenly one of the janitors starts talking to the other one and says 'You checking up on the soccer games?' I thought oh shit, I'm ********ed. Tried to get my headphones in but I also needed to start playing music to not hear anything. I ended up coughing for no reason so I didn't hear what was said. Cool story bro I know.

17. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What I meant to say was that other than the players I listed, it was hard to really separate out players who had more impact than other players in our team. Mandzukic maybe the fifth player on my list, but atleast I fail to see how Alaba and Schweinsteiger had any more impact this season than Kroos. Maybe I just see it differently than the rest of you guys.

18. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For Schweinsteiger just in the past 10 games he has had more impact than Kroos all season. The away goal against Manchester United, the goal in the tough match against Mainz, goal and assist in the tough 2-1 win against Leverkusen, goal in the 2nd leg against Arsenal, pinpoint assist in the 3-1 win over Berlin, assist for Thiago's goal in the win over Hannover.

Alaba perhaps hasn't been that much better than Kroos recently, but early in the season he was.

Why does Schweinsteiger have to play like a balon d'or winner to get any credit, yet Kroos can have a couple good games in a season and is seen as super important?

19. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  20. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Granted that Kroos doesn't assist and score as much, but the reliability and consistency of his play is what makes him important for me. Aside from Neuer, Lahm and Alaba, he has played the most for us, which goes out to show that he's a very integral part of our game.

21. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    .gif fail?

22. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    10255810_681468678576122_6198546718200655435_n.jpg

23. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kroos no impact? Assist to Robben for the penalty and red card, goal against Arsenal as well as his impact on the fluidity of our game...

I don't want to throw silly money at him, but I bet we wouldn't hear as much criticism had he already signed an extension.

24. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Boateng is not more important than Kroos since he's a noticably worse player in his position than Kroos. What a joke, some of you ass kissing of Boateng in this forum is getting way too out of hand.

pep is mourinho's bitch and Matakos repped this.
  25. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this is the sad part really