Chivas USA Purchased by MLS / Rebrand Leaked

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Indytrojan, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    its about time...now MLS can remove its one and only ugly stain....

i hope this actually happens...the report says the home side in Mexico applied for the patents...cool.,

2. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    linky?

3. tex0313

tex0313 Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  4. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    It's the management stupid.

redinthemorning repped this.
  5. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
  6. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Also, does that mean they are bringing back cheerleaders like when they had the Chiva Girls? The Dynamo Girls need some competition.;)

[​IMG]

7. crocken

crocken Member

Jan 28, 2011
    MD
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    the chivas usa crest is classier than pretty much all of the current MLS crests. A rebranding is stupid.

8. shoeless

shoeless Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The crest may be classy enough, the problem for most is that is the exact same as:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That said, a rebranding does nothing if the way the club operates does not change, that is the real problem.

redinthemorning repped this.
  9. shoeless

shoeless Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  10. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    yes finally the nightmare of racial and ethnic discrimination in a country like ours is over and done with forever.

i have never spouted off about the Chivas USA concept until now because i LOVE MLS and know it will be a top league one day...

the whole idea that you can tell an American fanbase that you are going to concentrate on signing one specific ethnic group is so ludicrous as to be funny...

how on earth did MLS EVER apporove of such a model?

can you imaine AEG saying they want american white players who were born here and only those p layers...?" What?

i cheer for MLS stepping in now and not waiting any longer...MLS is set to take off in the next five years with NYFC Orlando and Miami looking to be committed to big name players ,three dps each and filling the seats..

Atlanta and someone else will be here soon..We will be at 24. Representing each section of the Country and paying better salaries....Chivas USA is a stain on the MLS legacy that needed to be cleansed yrs ago..it has finally happened.

viva mls

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the problem with that is . . . . . .

That was my business plan for the expansion franchise Anglo FC

12. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't see Atlanta having an MLS franchise for a long long time. Soccer really hasn't "worked" there on the professional level.

Heft repped this.
  13. redinthemorning

redinthemorning Member+

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't really matter. It's a huge market and Blank's clearly interested in a team for his shiny new stadium.

14. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More improtantly MLS needs the Atlanta TV market.

Re: Chivas

PARTY! Finally! Jorge, please let the door hit you on the butt on your way out!

Kthxbye!

15. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    well i would urge you to read Garbers statements on expansion....Atlanta has been and currently IS in negotiations with the MLS heads and Blank is the driving force..They have proposed a retractable roof stadium and intend to house the Falcons of NFL and the Atlanta MLS team...its going to happen...MLS is focusing on the Southeast...for tv and such.

next he mentions the Midwest as being light and talks about Minneapolis as a possibility.Other cities mentioned were San Antonio, San Diego and Sacramento i believe..

The truth is that if you were hoping to get on the MLS wagon you should have started in earnest five yrs ago..

Orlando Miami and the next club ,probably Atlanta are going to be the beneficiaries of their early efforts and markets like St Louis San Diego etc are probably going to have to go the same route as Indianapolis Sacramento and others , and field a NASL or lower level team in hopes of one day either being promoted ,If that should ever occur, or included in expansion..

I still stand by my prediction that what S.A.F suggested to Garber a few yrs ago, Three ten team conferences in MLS will exist. West Central and East. 30 teams...i stand by that predicition.

Soccer will get another huge bump in America from the world cup and that momentum will assist MLS and especially Orlando,NYFC,Miami and probably Atlanta and propel the league even futher in popularity.

add to those facts the more teams in the US the more owners and more money..the more money the more good and great players that will be recruited and come ov er..and then there is the homegrown American player who will stay in the US and sign with MLS rather than sign over seas...and the American player who will sign with MLS and never leave for other countries due to the explosion of MLS ...

I think these occurences coming to pass in a world cup year will have a tremendous effect on soccer in the US for yrs to come....much like the 2006 world cup propelled MLS then...