News: Chivas USA in discussions on potential move from HDC

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by ϟkull, Jul 7, 2011.

1. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    hehehe.... Galaxy dude said alien nation.

2. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    That's racist man.

[​IMG]

3. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    I don't think you have to worry about that necessarily. Remember...
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/18/chivas-owner-says-no-san-diego/
    I'm hoping for the best for you guys. I've long railed against the constant rebranding threads, which are usually started by ppl from outside of your area, and many came when CUSA was still in the top quarter in the league's attendance averaging 15,000 plus. So it's good that we may finally see what happens when the club has it's own stadium and area to call home.

It's the new year so hopefully this thing picks up some more steam. It would be nice to be able to break ground by 2013.

4. trevor_daniles

Aug 19, 2007
    Hi All,
    First, my intention is not to offend any Chivas fans. I have followed MLS for some time and am really impressed with the growth of the league. I was never a fan of soccer I’ve become a fan of MLS and actually don’t even bother with the European leagues. With that said, I think Chivas organization needs to step it up and become a big player in this league. Everyone talks about NY2 coming into the league. They will probably be on par with the Galaxy and Red Bulls in terms of spending and marketing. But you guys are the 2nd LA team!! Beckham tells everyone how great LA is but no one is clamoring to play for Chivas. There are only 3 DP slots, so all of the European stars cannot just play for the Galaxy alone. I think a rebrand is a must. Too many ties to the Mexican team. Inter Los Angeles sounds awesome to me. And spend some money!

Otherwise, can the commissioner force a team to relocate? San Diego or Vegas would be the top choices if it were up to me. Beckham’s new deal gives him an option of ownership and I don’t see how he’ll want to move from LA. I think if Chivas can’t become big time, they will probably be forced to move. There is no way MLS should have 3 L.A. teams. Beckham will then start a 2nd LA franchise and his clout will attract big names. Galaxy will still spend. The LA soccer rivalry will be insane. This is just an outsider’s opinion. Chivas is certainly not the only team that needs to get better. Here are other teams that should step it up:

Chicago - 2nd biggest city and 3rd most populous. When they had a DP like Blanco, team was elite.
    Boston - Build a stadium in downtown Boston and drop “New England”. Don Garber even said the city would be like Seattle in terms of atmosphere. Boston is a great sports town.
    DC – Nation’s capital and the most storied team in league history. Enough said.
    Dallas – Dallas sports team are huge business. We forget how big of a market Dallas is. FCD’s attendance is pathetic. Should have built the stadium closer. Would love to see Jerry Jones or Mark Cuban purchase that franchise.

5. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for your interest in our club and ownership. We welcome all posters and comments that provide constructive and positive feedback.
    However, in the interest of better judgement, I recommend you refrain from posting here until you have researched the fanbase, this forum, and the countless number of suggestions made by many non-CUSA fans (such as yourself). When you have completed this task, you should be able to acknowledge that many here have already expressed similar opinions and opposing ones as well. Chivas USA fans are already moving forward with what he have. We aim to be a strong player in the LA community and you will soon learn that many of the postions you have taken will be adressed this year.

Please do not take offense. I encouarge the debate. Pontificate, if you have to. In most cases, you will find the most passionate, colorful, and loudest fans in the MLS are not what what many outside of this forum think. We are MLS fans and support this league's growth.

Perhaps, you should concentrate on contacting our ownership and expressing your feelings to them. In the meantime, welcome. We hope you have more to offer that just recycled opinions of what Chivas USA should or shouldn't do.

Thank You,

ELAC
    President - ELAC for 2012

redinthemorning and Going Mobile repped this.
  6. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan

Well said. Can we use this as a standard reply to all of these geniuses that come in trying to save our club? :D

7. luvsoccer44

luvsoccer44 New Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there any legitimate updates on what Chivas is actually doing in terms of a move? Although I follow Arsenal, I adopted Chivas as my MLS team because I live in LA, I hate the Galaxy, and I saw the Mexican teams (Chivas Gaudalajara and America) battle at the LA Coliseum a few years back. There were over 100,000 rabid fans at the Coliseum, and I couldn't help but become of a fan of the sister team, Chivas USA.

Go Chivas!

8. chivos

chivos Member

May 29, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Welcome aboard, glad to have you.

9. hovz1105

hovz1105 Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Westside
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Any word on whats happening with USC? I read an article a couple weeks back about how USC is taking over the Coliseum and the property around it. They mentioned that one of the things they might do is tear down the Sports Arena and build a Soccer Stadium. I know this has been mentioned before, but I am bringing it up again because, well, it was brought up again. :)

Wouldn't it be funny if The Los Angeles Galaxy play in Carson, while the "other" Los Angeles team that doesn't have the words Los Angeles in their name actually has their home address in... wait for it... Los Angeles!!! :D

anyway, anywhere but HDC.

10. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can somebody please Rep this man here, I seem to be all out at the moment.:D

11. JediK

JediK Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cue recently said that when we get our new stadium (hopefully right there after we tear down the sports arena) he will add the LA city seal right under the neck on the back of the jerseys, and maybe add LA to the name as well. That would be awesome. =D

12. RED_HOT_CHILI_PEPPER

Feb 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Once Farmers field is built I really think the galaxy might end up moving there. They can go and take the horrible HDC security with them.

13. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/mls/noticias/2012/02/15/chivas-usa-buscara-nueva-casa
    Mediotiempo talks about Chivas USA moving out of the HDC. My translation isn't that great and I may have edited some quotes.

translation:
    • Move out of the HDC in 2013
    • The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is a option
    Rodrigo Morales is Vice President of Marketing & Sponsorship was quoted

translation:
    Central Los Angeles is a good option but we have atleast 5 options. We will analize our options at this moment and before the end of the year we will make a decision. Maybe by 2013, play in our new home.

14. hovz1105

hovz1105 Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Westside
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I don't see the point of playing in a half-empty stadium. The most fans the Galaxy has ever averaged was 30,000 in the Rose Bowl, in their second year or so. Maybe when they play an exhibition against a huge European team, but not any of the MLS stuff.

Maybe in 20 or 30 years when the ticket demand would be there.

15. hovz1105

hovz1105 Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Westside
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    2013 in the Coliseum. I'm a tad conflicted. The Coliseum is a shit hole. I haven't been there since 1994 when I watched Bishop Amat vs Loyola for the CIF Division 1 Championship. It's a glorified High School stadium is what it is. Hell, they might as well play in the Football Stadium at El Rancho. At least I wont have to drive so far, I can just take a bus.

I'd rather have them play at a JC or a Cal State (lol other than Dominguez), until the Coliseum Commission builds the Soccer Stadium on the site of the Sports Arena or one of the other options comes through (Pomona, etc.).

Still awesome to read that this year will be the last in that shit hole... if I read this right. :D

16. hugo90301

hugo90301 Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Lawndale, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    yeah the coliseum is terrible and WAY too big. Glad to read that our stay at HDC is coming to an end because that place sucks as well albeit for totally different reasons.

ELAC would be a nice place to play for a season while the sports arena gets knocked down and an SSS built if thats what is going to happen.

Best part of this scenario (elac and later expo. park) is that both stadiums are serviced by light rail. The gold line is still new and the expo line is about to open. I'd love to be able to ride the train to games, no d.u.i. etc

17. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    a new stadium and LA in our name in 2013. things are looking up.

18. fifty7

fifty7 Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Long Island
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a source for the renaming?

19. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Antonio Cue. Last month. In front of season ticket holders. I was there. Be ready to hate.

20. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    The Colosseum would be a bad choice. 60k stadium with a 15k crowd would look pathetic. Unless it's a temporary home until we find a smaller SSS site.

21. hovz1105

hovz1105 Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Westside
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana

Even though USC will be renovating the stadium, like you guys have said it would look sad to have 15 K in that Canyon.

I'd be down for ELAC. still closer to me. But I hear that ELAC charges a lot of money to have events take place there. Which is the reason why the East LA Classic might go to the Rose Bowl. CUSA ain't exactly the type to spend money.

22. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there any options in LA that aren't 93,000 seat stadiums? I mean I'm sure everyone wants Chivas out of HDC post haste, but it seems pointless to move to a stadium as big as the LA Coliseum.

23. fifty7

fifty7 Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Long Island
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

...?

Why hate?

24. hovz1105

hovz1105 Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Westside
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Only Community and Junior Colleges. Which i'm fine with and am sure most fans are. The places the fans and the rumored sites don't exist yet. Every other place is too big. The more I think about it the more I like East LA College. She sits 20,000 and is in, wait for it... EAST LOS ANGELES. Imagine that.

A couple draw backs would be Traffic. It can be a nightmare coming off the 60 and hitting Atlantic on a normal day. It's a high traffic area with small streets.

another drawback would be the field. I'm not a fan of watching games take place on a field with a million lines on it (Field Hockey, Football). ugh, the Track. The place isn't aesthetically pleasing, but it's a short term solution so I shouldn't bitch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. hovz1105

hovz1105 Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Westside
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana