News: Chivas USA in discussions on potential move from HDC

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by ϟkull, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NOT A CHANCE Still owned and run by AEG, they are at the root the problem in the whole situation now.

2. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the end, it might not even matter.
    We'll still be owned by Jorge Vergara and subject to his frugality.
    Let's hope for the best but expect the worse.

3. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Mod note: please leave all rebranding and relocation (out of Los Angeles) talk out of this thread. There are several threads regarding this topic. All posts with rebranding or relocation talk will be edited or deleted as it derails the topic at hand.

Thanks guys

If we control the profits at our own stadium we can maybe then afford to buy quality players in the future. Just hopeful thinking. :D

4. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It is my understanding their is no more talk of rebranding and the choices for the new stadium are between two sites 1) LA Sports Arena site and 2) Pomona Fairplex. Please notice both sites keep the team in either LA city or county.

5. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm guessing our FO will go with the first choice instead of the second one, knowing your a Galaxative fan(and seem to be one of the cool one's at that) tell me how would your galaxy buddies feel about showing up to a Chivas USA stadium where everywhere you see is red and white and better yet your team gets a 07 reminder.:D

All jokes aside thanks for the info it actually helps in more ways then one.

6. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been to HDC for Chivas game, when they hosted the Galaxy and I thought the atmosphere was pretty cool. It felt like I was in a different country, let alone another stadium, I couldn't believe it was the HDC. I can imagine what it would be like in their own stadium. I look forward to the opportunity to visit. By the way, I am rooting for the Pomona Fairplex, but they would most likely get a better following and should built the stadium near the Coliseum.

7. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't want them to come to San Diego because they've always been an LA metro area team. Pomona makes sense (never been out there, but it's still LA Co.) and L.A. City makes sense.

I'm sorry to infer that Santa Ana didn't work out (haven't read whole thread). I'd have thought that would have worked out pretty well. I'd have tried to go to a few up there.

8. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://voiceofoc.org/oc_central/article_ca86deba-e07f-11e0-8414-001cc4c03286.html

"The Santa Ana City Council is scheduled Monday to approve an exclusive six-month negotiating window with the Los Angeles-based professional soccer team Chivas USA for a possible move to Santa Ana."

"The exclusive negotiations, according to a city staff report, would focus on developing "Chivas facilities" at the golf course."

Last Sunday at the season ticket holder party event Antonio Cue answered some questions about a potential move from the HDC & our own stadium. Unfortunately, i haven't been able to post a video of the event do to technical difficulties. And so, i will tell you what he said. He said they are looking at 3 locations. Driving down from the HDC to the new location wouldn't be a long drive. And that they would announce the location of the new stadium within 6 months from now.

Sounds interesting.

9. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as long as we get out from under AEG and the horrible lease we have now. Not until that happens will be see the FO be able to step up and spend some cash on player.
    We need more revenue streams, parking concessions concert and revenue from other event happening at OUR stadium on off days

10. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    totally agree GM.

11. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Yeah we definitely need our own home....one that lets taqueros and hot dogueros sell their deliciousness from their make shift carts. I'm tired of feeling like second class citizens at the HDC. Santana or Pomona would be fine. It's pretty much the same distance from Temecula/Murrieta area. We need the new place to be more asada-friendly. HDC didn't really look kindly to barbecuing.
    Yeah hopefully we create more revenue becuase we need to spend money to generate any kind of interest in our team.
    Damn...another crap season.

12. Big_Feo

Big_Feo Member

Oct 26, 2008
    In OC!!! AAAHHHH!!!
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    I got the name of our temporary stadium:
    Asada Field?

13. porque?

porque? Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Molcajete Bowl?

14. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    @ porque –Molkajete Bowl That’s to Mexican :D
    “the Fajita Complex” thats more uSa

15. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and to really "white" it up we will pronounce it "FA-JEETA"

16. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    dang why dont we just call it chalupa stadium and have taco bell as a sponsor for our jerseys? The Fajeeta, Chalupa Enchurrito stadium of the los angeles chivas of santa ana. :D

17. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Couldn't a team catering to Mexicans have ended up someplace besides a town named after the Mexican who lost Texas, California and the American SW to the United States?

18. Big_Feo

Big_Feo Member

Oct 26, 2008
    In OC!!! AAAHHHH!!!
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Never heard of that one. And I live in Santa Ana. Like most people living here, we assumed it was named after a Saint.
    Here in California, we have Santa Barbara, San Francisco, San Ysidro, San Clemente, San Diego, Santa Maria,Santa Clarita, etc... Catch me drift?

19. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yesterday on Telemundo news , , there were talking about santa ana being an option but also Jose Domene stated they have 5 other potential locations to build a stadium, so looks like by 2013/14 we will have our own Corral. I just have a feeling Pomona is a big candidate
    1pomona
    2santana
    3 La down town

20. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ha ha ha

Nice one, Bigs.

21. LyotoM

LyotoM Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    no way ur going downtown bro

22. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You never know …expect nothing from the unexpected

23. LArocks1968

LArocks1968 Member

May 20, 2007
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    The coliseum commission has already given the green light to demolish the sports arena. It has already been determined that no retail or offices will go there. With the new expo line, officials would want a venue that can generate business most of the year for the area. The likely choices would be a soccer stadium or amphitheater. USC games cover September to April if you include college basketball. My friend who works for a firm that designs stadiums might have some insights. I might do some snooping for you guys. In case you wondering, (not that its new news) but the chargers and the raiders are negotiating a move into farmer's field. Only one will obviously be the winner. There is another team but friend said unlikely.

24. Big_Feo

Big_Feo Member

Oct 26, 2008
    In OC!!! AAAHHHH!!!
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    I went to one of the Coliseum Commission meetings last year. That is where they said they were going to give the green light for the demolishing of the Sports Arena. However, they said that who-ever wants to build a anything there would have to also have to front the cost everything that goes into demolishing, preparing and constructing anything there.

Question for your friend LArocks1968: does a prospective builder of anything usually have to pay for the demolishing of a previous structure where they wish to build? I know AEG has said that for Farmers Field, they would take care of the remodeling process from start to finish but this would seem like a rare occasion since AEG wants to get Farmers Field done so badly.

One thing to look at now is how stadiums are becoming multi-function venues. Obviously HDC comes to mind, with different sports being played there but also home of the US Womens and Mens National team and concerts being played there too. So if the stadium is built at the Sports Arena location, I believe that it would not only serve as a soccer stadium but also a location for concerts and other sporting events.

I had made my own analysis on who would partner up on making this happen. Chivas USA, USC, and maybe Corona? Chivas USA so they could have a stake in the stadium. USC because they would also be part-owners because of their proximity and usage of the stadium. Corona for naming rights of the stadium and partial cost to demolish, rebuild.

However, we know that Corona (and the Grupo Modelo who owns them) have the money. USC would have the money. Check this article out : http://articles.latimes.com/2011/aug/28/local/la-me-usc-funds-20110828. All that would leave is maybe Chivas USA to come up with some cash. Would Cue ask daddy Vergara for a loan? What would Vergara say?

I could go on and on.

25. LArocks1968

LArocks1968 Member

May 20, 2007
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    I asked my friend and unfortunately he has no insight to the sports arena situation. He did say that any development there will need USC's support and it will need to benefit the school. Also any development on public property will require a public/private partnership that will not involve the use of taxpayers money. I tried.