News: Chivas USA in discussions on potential move from HDC

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by ϟkull, Jul 7, 2011.

1. ralphs

ralphs New Member

May 17, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked the questions about whether I'd be more or less interested specifically in the Galaxy if they left the HDC... I didn't see this option:

[​IMG]

3. LArocks1968

LArocks1968 Member

May 20, 2007
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    What ever happen to the proposed soccer stadium idea to replace the LA sports arena? Is that now a dead issue? I doubt galaxy would move to farmer's field. Too big of a stadium and the field would never be in good conditions during the NFL season.

4. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    playing in Pomona would be awesome...

5. LArocks1968

LArocks1968 Member

May 20, 2007
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    My hunch is that Chivas USA will study their base of support and build a stadium in a community where it will strengthen it's fan base. One only has to look at the demographics of their season tickets holders and where they are holding their soccer clinics and investing into community initiatives. Looks like metro LA and going east has their attention. I could be wrong but companies put money into areas in where they see a potential growth in consumer needs. Time will tell.

6. BionicChivasUSA

BionicChivasUSA New Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Baldwin Park, Ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, I just hope that where ever they decide to move the team, or build the stadium it is a bit closer to the I.E.
    Some where in L.A. would be great. It's an amazing central location. There might also be some partial re-branding to the Los Angeles Chivas, I can see it coming, and would personally love the change. I am content with Chivas USA, but I feel that adding Los Angeles to the name would help get us a lot more fans.

7. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets not start the Rebrand bullshit again please, year in year out it's the samething over and over again. The name is fine we just need our own stadium, lets focus on that and not the club name.

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  8. Truhero

Truhero Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Section 101
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed.

9. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, that those are two seperate issues.
    However, everyone here has the right express themselves.

The name is not fine (because not everyone agrees with you) and deserves to be addressed. Just not on this thread, maybe.

Let's not get distracted. We need a new place to play. Now.

10. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which will happen first: concrete news about moving from the stadium or our mysterious foreign striker getting signed? ;)

11. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    That's the way it should happen....... My hunch is that CUSA has had a few years to study their base of support. I'm sure they would love to build in communities that have already embraced the club. BUT ("there's always somebody with a big but" - PW Herman)...... CUSA will partner with a city that can welcome them with an open wallet. A great land lease deal and construction funding assistance would make them consider areas outside of LA - way outside. And those fan base studies? The bottom line might not be what any of us want to hear.

12. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sounds like hopes and dreams to me.:rolleyes:

13. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You may be correct on the fact that way may get more fans should we decide to add LA to our name, BionicChivasUSA. But let's say, hopefully this never happens, that Chivas USA leaves LA. What then? Must they have to rebrand every single time if they choose to move to different cities? They wouldn't have to to if they were to stick with Chivas USA, because it is national. Again, just my two cents.

14. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wow dragon boy you surprise me. some times jajaja
    Just joking dragon boy but you have a very good point
    Chivas I.E
    Chivas SFv
    Chivas L.A…sounds ok
    Chivas O*C
    Chivas USA…. Yes that sounds right

15. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thank you, REY. I appreciate it your compliment. AND +100 on "Chivas USA…. Yes that sounds right"

16. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would they ever move more than once?

17. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you never know people might not be happy were we move...
    and in 5 years we will re-re- locate
    if we do this every 5 years in 30 years we will have all LA happy jajaja just kiting :D

18. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    HA! One of the benefits of being named Chivas USA is obvious. We only need to change it if we move out of the country!

19. BionicChivasUSA

Sep 24, 2010
    Baldwin Park, Ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    whoa buddy pop a xanax!;)

I said I was perfectly content with the name. I Just have seen some major articles refer to them as the Los Angeles Chivas, it just seemed odd to me that they would refer to them as that an not Chivas USA. I could care less whether they re-brand or not. I just said IN MY OPINION that I had a feeling a PARTIAL re-branding was coming, to which I wouldn't be completely opposed to.
    In case you missed my initial post I touched on the stadium issue.

20. BionicChivasUSA

Sep 24, 2010
    Baldwin Park, Ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are very correct. Like I said I am happy with with their current name. I don't know why this has become such an Issue. All I wanted to convey was that Domene has referred to them as an L.A. team.

Here is his quote "“The first option I was offered from MLS was San Diego,” Vergara said earlier this month. “I refused it. I didn’t want to go to San Diego. I wanted to go to LA, and I’m completely sure, 100 percent, we want to stay in LA. We’ve invested a lot of money in Los Angeles. We’re going to stay in L.A. forever and ever.”

So it wouldn't be too far fetched' if they did change something. Perhaps I should have explained myself better. I even get pretty worked up when ever the haters can only focus on the name and re-branding. I should have known better than to have brought up a touchy subject... THIS IS NOT THE TIME NOR THE CORRECT THREAD to be discussing said issue. So with that said It's officially dropped for me.

OT
    Can Chivas USA come to Baldwin Park? That way I can get drunk and just walk home haha.

21. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    As much as I am correct, so are you, Bionic. As you did state earlier in this thread, you are content with our name just the way it is. And you also are correct in the sense that everybody, including myself, regards Chivas USA as a team of Los Angeles. I understand you completely in the sense that things can change a little. I also am not a hater, I wouldn't go for putting LA in our name, however, I would not complain either. I hold no hatred to anyone who is up for a slight name change.

22. BionicChivasUSA

Sep 24, 2010
    Baldwin Park, Ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks man! I don't think i like being hated too much!!XD

23. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hahahaha, no problem Bionic. :D

24. LArocks1968

LArocks1968 Member

May 20, 2007
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    I freaking hate the rebranding talk with MLS fans in the general board. They love to point out what they think or assume are the failures with Chivas USA. They are straight up denial freaks cause their arguments of attendance figures and weird team name does not apply to them. They are obsess with Chivas USA. Anyway, why the organization add the USA to the name? Just to prevent any confusion with the mexico's team with media, fans and among themselves?

25. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Can you please elaborate on this post, because I have no idea on what your point is, :confused::confused:.