Chivas USA General Media Discusion Thread

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by glyconerd, Jul 23, 2011.

1. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And there you have it. Garber has squashed the rumor that Kroenke might buy the team and name them LA Gunners in order to be a partner club with Arsenal.

Another interesting tidbit in the article is that MLS hurried an bought the team in order to keep other businesses from buying the team. MLS wants to have more control over who will be taking over the team. Should make for an interesting year!

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...-buy-chivas-usa-gives-details-on-future-plan/

Another interesting note is that the name LA Aztecs is currently available. I wonder if any groups will try and buy the rights in order to try and sell them to MLS, or if MLS buys the rights just to be safe.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/1yhgxi/no_one_owns_the_name_la_aztecs_as_of_june_7_2005/

2. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    #178 dashiel, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    This is incorrect. I made the same assumption yesterday coincidentally enough. The LA Aztec name & logo was registered by the NASL in 2012 http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4805:ehizqx.2.31

// edit: looks like searches expire, so you’ll have to go to http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/ and search for “aztecs” there are 4 entries for L.A. Aztecs all owned by the NASL

3. Bubba1971

Bubba1971 Member+

Nov 12, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Technically, MLS bought Vergara's share of MLS. It's not like someone else could just buy the CUSA operating rights from Vergara, because they belonged to MLS. He just had the operational control though his investor contract with MLS.

So MLS always had control over who would buy the team. The probably just got sick of that idiot holding them hostage.

He can now go back to ruining CD Guadalajara.

4. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your link is dead. I tried performing the search, and it doesn't come up with any trademarks past 2002. What were your search parameters?

5. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/ and search for “aztecs” there are 4 entries for L.A. Aztecs all owned by the NASL

6. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weird. The NASL entries weren't coming up when I tried earlier. I was getting the NASL entries that terminated in the 80's, and a clothing company that terminated in '02. Thanks for the clarification!

7. dmhines

dmhines Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully this signals the end of ethnic pandering. It will be nice to have a inter-city rivalry that involves a team trying to build a winner.

8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another thing Garber brought up in the press conference is that MLS has nothing to do with LAFC or LASC so those were Vergara's and nothing else. So don't expect Chivas USA to rebrand as either of them any time soon.

-REY MISTERIO- repped this.
  9. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    great article by my friend keegan pierce

11. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like galasi fans going thru financial hardships. Can't even afford Chivas USA tickets

12. Cabrito

Cabrito Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    It's very quiet on the Chivas USA sale rumors front. I think the lack of stadium must be a huge snag on it.

13. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    That would be sick if it was fan ran and influenced, like socios. The truest fans have to pay into it. Each city, region, colonia, municipio, flat or colony gets so many votes. Each colonia votes for a spokes person or president. Of their chapter. The club can't fire a coach, hire a DP, let go of any player promote a player from the youth or development academy unless they get majority vote. Man I'd love to start a colonian the IE where I live.

Cabrito repped this.
  14. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
  15. U.S Chiva

U.S Chiva Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Salinas California/Denver, CO
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I love Alvarez. I love the fact that he always wanted to be part of chivas usa. I love that fact that he is from California and finally I love that fact that he understands our traditions and heritage.

16. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Man, you guys read all the forum comments on the end of that TMZ article? That's the hate we get to live with. That's why we want our own thing. People act like were a new people to this area. My mothers family has been inCalifornia since the 1700's and they say it's us that invaded.

U.S Chiva repped this.
  17. U.S Chiva

U.S Chiva Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I do man and it make me angry sometimes, it makes me feel like going to the streets and punching every white person I see, but reality is that not all whites think the same. For some reason most of them that do "hate" Hispanics for being here, only have the balls to raise their opinion behind a computer name. Not defending "whites" man but we also have some racist mother@#$@ in our Hispanic communities. Right now I live in the city of Guanajuato, and I was talking to this guy about going to San Miguel de Allende, well anyways we started talking about how the city is becoming more and more white because of the Anglo's immigration to the city. Well this guy started saying that we as Mexicans should not let them be here, that they do not belong here and because they don't want us in America we should not let them live here in Mexico. I honestly lost it with this idiot. My response to him was that he is not any different than those stupid white people that always cry about Mexicans becoming the majority in California. Let's put it into perspective (I told him) you think if those white people were the ones bitching and crying about Mexicans, you think that they will move to Mexico? Plus not only they love the Mexican culture, but they also provide to the economy, just like "most" of us do in California.

Another thing is why do so many of us are so proud of being Mexican? Not saying I am not proud of my heritage, but I just hate the fact that so many of us talk so much shit about the U.S and look at us, we are here(well not right now but once I go back). Like I said, I love our culture, our food, music, art, history among many more, but I respect the fact that I live in California and that I can go to school, work, and live freely. Also, we have all those idiots that think they are somehow special, those that bitch and moan on how they hate the U.S on how they are 100 percent Mexican and all that bullshit. Man If you are 100 percent Mexican, you need to live in Mexico and not in the U.S. Oh and they also use the stupid argument on how the U.S don't do shit for them, because they have a hard job that no one else will do, well let’s see? Who the F@#$ is providing that hard job to you? Mexico? Hell no! Be grateful that this Country is giving you a job, hard or not, is a job that you won’t have in Mexico, and if it’s so hard find something different.

In the other hand, When I read those comments about Hispanics makes me feel angry, because you are right Soldi, we were here first! Like it or not, but we cannot live from the past, we have to learn how to live together. We all, as human beings, should teach our children to learn how judge people for their actions and not for their skin color. It's going to take some time but it can be done. Just look back about 60-70 years ago, how all that segregation of blacks and Hispanics and fast forward to today, not much improvement but much better for the black community. We cannot change the past, but we can contribute for the future.

18. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's funny because you sound just like those "white" people you are complaining about.

I don't think some Mexicans hate the US, they might hate the fact that they have to live here away from their family and their country so they can make a living. I also think that a lot of them don't feel welcome here. Seeing how there's an estimated 11 million undocumented Mexicans here. Anyways I'm not going to get in in this subject too much

19. U.S Chiva

U.S Chiva Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I do man, but you know what man to some extend I understand there way of thinking, why? because most of our hispanics here in the U.S are so
    What are you talking about? I currently live in Mexico and feel just the same as living in the U.S. you are making it look like every day there is someone telling us to leave. I know there are times where is evident like in the board pointed out by Soldi, but I dont know if you know but people like that are everywhere, not only whites. Let me guess you will now say that theres no Mexicans that are racist? shit you must be smoking crack with a dick pipe.

20. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I never said we weren't racist. I would go as far as saying a lot of Mexicans are pretty racist. We are racist with outsiders and even with our own.

Do you even watch the news? Everyday there are reports of some family being separated because of deportation. Everyday They are reminded that they are undocumented, be it driving, working or when they are sick.

You're the one saying Mexicans who are extremely proud of being Mexican and that think they're special should go back to Mexico. something I hear very often from some of our Anglo friends.

21. U.S Chiva

U.S Chiva Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And I stand my gri
    Ok man Ungrateful Mexicans should go back! Nothing bad with being proud of your heritage, but we should show that we are grateful for any job that we have in the U.S. But no... there's always someone bitching about the U.S on how proudly they are Mexicans, how this Country sucks and all that bull shit, but look at them they are here. Be proud of were you live, were you eat and were your family is.
    No jobs in Mexico, crime etc? So why so proud if you cannot even survive there? stop listing to corridos pesados and read a book, or learn another language.

Yes all those deportations are bull shit, that's why we have to educate ourselves and our children, so tomorrow they will have the law on their hands and make choices that will benefit the people that live in our communities. So yea maybe I sound kind of dick, but listen people we live here in the U.S not in Mexico lets better ourselves here not over there. Our kids will live here, lets not forget our culture and language, but lets better ourselves in the country we live in.

22. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hey, agree, I was just trying to say that not all of us are like that. I am 100% Mexican and proud to the death but I am very grateful to the good ol USofA. We might hate the National team, but not the country.

23. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think part of the problem is that there are people that don't understand this and therefore they are one-in-the-same.