Chivas USA General Media Discusion Thread

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by glyconerd, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SAVE US MAGIC!!!! :thumbsup: I wouldn't be too surprised if they took interest in owning an MLS club.

1)They have their own tv channel and a properly operated club could get them much needed advertising.

2)It's obvious that they want to develop Chavez ravine into some sort of CityWalk project. They can utilize a secondary sporting/concert venue to create daily foot traffic.

3)The Dodgers are famous for catering to local immigrant communities without alienating everybody else. (Fernandomania, Nomomania, Mannywood) They are willing to SPEND MONEY to MAKE MONEY on international talent.

4)They LOVE to compete with the Yankees and modeled their latest media growth after Yankees Entertainment and Sports. Think of it as playing tit for tat.

2. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You really should check your facts before you go spouting off hunches and trolling another team's forum. Beckham's contract states that he can buy an expansion team at a discounted rate outside of New York. His discount only counts towards an expansion team, not an existing team. I've also read that the Galaxy included a stipulation that he couldn't operate in LA, but I've never found any documentation to provide validity to that rumor.

Do I think Beckham would be able to improve and/or turn around CUSA? Yes. But I don't think he would move the team from the LA area. But that's neither here nor there, because he will be buying an expansion team.

sodi_gar and CTS26 repped this.
  3. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

1) If Garber buys back CUSA, it becomes an EXPANSION TEAM. Oh, by the way... when AEG moved the Earthquakes to Houston, THEY WERE AN EXPANSION TEAM (and some boxer bought in as well... kinda like some British guy could). Your point is completely made invalid, but thanks for playing.

2) I didn't say LA nor NY... I said MIAMI. Oh, here's an article from 6 days ago:
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...i-stadiums-calls-prospect-mls-side-south-flor

3) And what is a Fake Salt Lake troll doing calling a Galaxy troll a troll on the Chivas boards? We both don't belong here, but at least this impacts ME more because it's MY city and MY stadium.

4) It's only a few minutes before my friend Dan (Going Mobile) knocks us both off. And for the record, them letting him go was the biggest mistake CUSA did. THAT pissed me off.

tm

4. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TOMMY TOMMY TOMMY

Its not even the Galaxys stadium. Its Uncle Phils stadium and AEGs. The Galaxy are a tenant just like the Chivas USTA and USSoccer. Yeah they are owned by the same company but they get no priority over say a concert or any other person who wants to come in make AEG money. At the end of the day thats all they care about.

DID YOU KNOW The Galaxy have been paying a higher rent at HDC that they ever paid at the Rosebowl. Its 1/4 the size and takes far fewer people to manage the event.

5. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some highlights from the supposed closed scrimmage between Chivas USA and Guadalajara

6. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    March, where is the hyperlink supposed to take us? HBO general site?

8. Gameface

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gameface repped this.
  10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Apparently Vergara paid 35 mill to buy out the Cue brothers.

12. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    good interview Elac
    I think it was a very …very bad idea to send PAlecia for that interview
    I Know Dennis T-close would have handle things better and could have gave chivas usa a better look and understanding to whats really happening in the club …. There are certainly things that need to get fixed but we are moving in the right direction ( sport aspect) there are lots of things that must be done besides the Futbol related issue

sodi_gar repped this.
  13. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're all in the same boat now. I hate talking about this to people who don't know about our club, but I wont tolerate ignorant fools running their mouth. Im pissed and conflicted about the HBO segment. Anyways....
    We (supporters) have to make things better now. We can't depend on Vergara to save us. Hope and prayers, now.
    [​IMG]
    Lo pasado, pasado. -Jose Jose

14. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It was funny cuss the HBO guys interview me and Julio ….. they were expecting for us to blast the club with $hit but that would never happen… I was surprised nothing from that interview was added to the story ….Todo se deve a Un KomFlok like MR. Houston says we suffer here and in Mexico by Mr. Jeremy Houston..Texas have fun with this one guys

15. Cabrito

Cabrito Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    I noticed that Palencia was interviewed in a dark setting, while all the other people against Chivas were interviewed in bright and airy setting. Just one of those psychological ways in which TV influences you in a subtle way.

16. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...continuing-chivas-usa-set-work-mental-changes
    This reminds me of one of the Simpsons episodes.
    [​IMG]

UnionFreak1 and USFootiefan1980 repped this.
  17. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Amongst all of this drama, the fact that we picked up Bocanegra, and got our first win at home since March has drifted into darkness.

Soledad's smarmy and condescending manner of asking questions really makes for good TV. It reminds of a lot of Chris Hanson's approach to interviewing pedophiles.

USFootiefan1980 repped this.
  18. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    It truly was one sided and made us look like bigots. Soledad didn't do much research on the team. she just spun some recent numbers that she knew nothing about. Like her researchers didn't let her know that Chivas de Guad has been a major feeder to the Mexicon nats team for years and he may ask what the ethnicities of the children to see if they may be eligible to play for chivas de guad and eventually the Mexican Nats. The black lady that went to the meeting and no one explained naything to her in English was treated wrong. As the Cue brothers learned and Vergara quickly learned we have to be english first and Spanish second but we can include both. Soledad also failed to mention that before Chivas usa there was hardly any youth development from pro MLS teams. she also failed to mention that players that were let go also included some Mexican americans ala cesar romero and others (passback pete). How many mexican americans were in the league prior to chivas usa's inception? 10 out of hundreds of players?

USFootiefan1980 repped this.
  19. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can also add Palencia. Poor guy made a fool of himself.

20. Gameface

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a shock. The Goats just inked a local broadcast deal with KDOC Channel 56. Their first broadcast will be Goats vs. Vancouver on September 1st.

21. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How long is the deal? And isn't KDOC an independent channel under the MeTV label?

22. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pete Vegenas was born in Pasadena and is of Greek decent, I believe

23. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Vagenas is a Spanish last name . I have a couple light skinned and blu eyed uncles that claim they are German and not mexican.....they're 100% Mexican. They jut aren't too proud of heir heritage

24. Gameface

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Panayiotis Alexiou "Peter" Vagenas. Sounds pretty Greek to me.

25. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KDOC are clients of mine. They are a decent OC based channel with a lot of heart and not a lot of content. Knowing what I know, they aren't paying to air the games. It was probably given to them for free as long as they show up and produce the broadcast... which costs a lot of money. Hopefully the ad revenue they sell pays the bills for the expenditure.

tm