Chivas stadium still on!

Discussion in 'Chivas' started by crazyman, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Naquisima

Naquisima Member+

Sep 18, 2008
    Long Beach!
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I keep hearing a lot of positive comments from Sunday's game. Many fans are happy with how fast they were in and out of the stadium.

Maybe this is the way to go. I really hope they consider the change.

2. El Cinquillo

El Cinquillo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 5, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sunday night games are even better.

3. crazyman

crazyman Member

Jan 3, 2006
    WestCoast
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yes change it to sundays!!! at night, kinda felt weird and made me think it was a saturday

4. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sunday nights would be dope. That'd work out perfectly for me.

5. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Yeah I hope he puts real grass in after this season

6. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Toured the stadium yesterday, pretty cool.

7. Naquisima

Naquisima Member+

Sep 18, 2008
    Long Beach!
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Y las fotos, pues?

8. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    I'm back.:( Time to start a new countdown?:)

So the tour was of the lower level seats, upper level seats, press box, locker room (no photos allowed), field, zona mixta/press conference area (oh and Valentina's crib). The trophy room is supposed to open in March, for those interested.

The highlights to me were the indoor warmup area (with the same turf as the field of play), checking out the actual field (les mencione que es de septima generacion?? :rolleyes:), and seeing the whiteboard in the coach's room.

Real had a lineup on the board, probably for the Tecos friendly. It's always interesting to see how the coach views the formation. He essentially had it set up as

------S-------
    LW---------RW
    -----BOFO----- <== that's a technical term
    --------------
    ---DM-DM----
    LB---------RB
    ---CB-CB----
    ------G------

I'd have to check the picture my sister "didn't take" to remember who all the starters and backups were for each position. In any case, it was just for the one game, because Perez was listed as starter at RB over Esparza and de Luna over Reynoso I think.

9. chiva_guero

chiva_guero BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR
    Tell the truth, el-choul ... you brought up the septima generacion!

10. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Actually, our guide didn't remember which generation. I can neither confirm nor deny if I brought it up. :D But she did say, "de niños jugaban en la calle, a poco ahora ya no pueden".

11. Naquisima

Naquisima Member+

Sep 18, 2008
    Long Beach!
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That was probably the sales pitch they used on Jorgelica :D

12. Naquisima

Naquisima Member+

Sep 18, 2008
    Long Beach!
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Come June, Estadio Omnilife will change it's name to...

Estadio Guadalajara

...but only during the Sub 17 WC. Then it goes back to Omnilife. :(

13. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Call it whatever you want, that shit wouldn't fill up even if tickets were free.

14. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Standard practice during FIFA events. I can't believe it ended up being Omnilife in the end.

15. austin23

austin23 Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Just wondering regarding Estadio Omnilife. Does the stadium's poor attendance caused only by ticket prices or other factors such as location not strategic enough - difficult to reach come to play? Excuse my lack of knowledge since I'm a foreigner and don't know much about Zapopan and estadio Omnilife. thx for explaining

But honestly that stadium looks Awesome :D

16. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the stadium is indeed awesome :cool: visited it last year and i didn't think the prices were too high. tickets i got were one of the most expensive - 300 pesos (around $27-$30). you have to take into consideration the pay wages in Mexico though.

also, the location of the stadium could be a huge factor to the low attendance. unlike Estadio Jalisco which is located in the main area of Guadalajara, the Omnilife is located outside of the city and there is only one highway that takes you there. so the traffic can be a hassle.

but i think in the end the 2 main factors of low attendance has to do with the way the team has been performing and prices. i remember last season when the team played against Tecos and the prices for tickets was 20 pesos (about $2). the stadium was packed!

17. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    It's a combination. It's not like they were getting 45000 a game at the Jalisco.

I like to approach problems by thinking of solutions, rather than just assigning blame (like some of the press are doing). This is a tough one. The stadium is where it is. Now how do you get fans to come? They are bussing people in from downtown, but it's still a longer commute now. There isn't much to do around the stadium before the game. The prices, which were already somewhat unreasonable for the lower levels at the Jalisco, are still high.

Plus there is the herd mentality. People see the lower levels empty, so think it's like that in the upper sections, and don't want to be the "losers" who actually go to the game. I don't think just having a better team will change that. I think Vergara has to take a loss on some of those lower level seats (both the season tickets and game tickets) to create a better atmosphere, and build from there. But I don't know if he's willing to take the financial hit.

18. Naquisima

Naquisima Member+

Sep 18, 2008
    Long Beach!
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bring back las tortas ahogadas! :D

It was awesome being able to get to the stadium early, walking around then eating a torta and drinking a beer before you went in.

19. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Or afterwards. Sometimes we'd be running late getting out, so we'd stop at one of the taco stands and have dinner before going to our car, catching a bus, etc.

20. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    There is a great tortas ahogadas chain restaurant near the stadium..I can't remember the name now...goddamn they are good.

21. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    near the new stadium? where?

22. Naquisima

Naquisima Member+

Sep 18, 2008
    Long Beach!
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Solo me acuerdo que el estadio estaba a medias de un baldio...y por el peri no habia nada.

Sanchito is holding out on us.

23. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    We (my parents) live along Guadalupe. So once you take a periferico bus to Guadalupe there are plenty of spots (or along Vallarta for that matter), but I don't remember anything right by the stadium.

24. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    It's off of the Manuel Gomez periferico...next to a Pegaso...ugh! Can't remember the name!

25. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    When I said near the stadium I meant right off the periférico.