Chinese Super League/AFC Champions League 2012

Discussion in 'China' started by greenlion, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Friendly:

Videoton F.C (Hungarian Champion) 2-1 Guangzhou Evergrande.

Guangzhou's Jiang Ning drew first blood, and Videoton later sealed the game with two goals.

2. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Seems the CSL was in wish granting mode and busy over CNY, the entire schedule is out (we'll have it on WEF in English soon), the season begins on 3/10 and there are a number of exciting early season games which are sure to build interest in the league.

3. Ironthumb

Ironthumb Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Jiangsu, China
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, I can't believe the schedule is out already, even if it is a preliminary schedule. Hopefully over the next few weeks the match dates will be set in stone. The first home game for Jiangsu is currently scheduled for March 16/17/18. If I want to take work off I need to know for certain which day the match is.

4. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Guangzhou Evergrande lost another friendly, this time against Fc Wil from Switzerland, 1-2.

Dalian Aerbin is playing Copa del Sol an annual friendly tournament consisting mostly scandinavian and russian teams.
    They have lost 2 games so far, 1-3 against Rosenborg and 1-2 against Molde, both norweigan teams. Their next game is against NK Olimpija Ljubljana from Slovenia on the 4th of february

5. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Guangzhou Evergrande beat CSKA Moscow 1-0 in Marbella Cup to advance to the next round. I dunno who scored but it was in the 87th minute.

6. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  7. Senior Tigr

Senior Tigr Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Warsaw, Poland
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  8. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    thanks for the link Senior Tigr, repped.

btw guys, the dude who scored the winning goal is new signing Qin Sheng that was mentioned earlier.

just want to make some news guy, for the next week or so i might not be able to update much cause i have alot of personal things to do (job change). if you see something cool from the chinese news, please post it hear. i know there are many chinese friendlies with european teams now, but only guangzhou evergrande pulled a good result (1-0 victory over moscow).

9. pakkim88

pakkim88 Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
  10. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    article says the north korean dude was about the join Tianjin TEDA but the deal was pulled out at the final minute.

originally the north korean dude was invited to go to turkey for training, but due to some government/strange reason, he didn't come.

lee chun soo, the south korean dude, is linked with tianjin teda now.

11. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Guangzhou Evergrande 0-4 Dynamo Kiev :eek:

12. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    this might be old news:

Deng Zhuoxiang has officially left Shandong Luneng to join his old club Jiangsu Sainty.

13. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    they found out he was injured so the deal stalled but they bought him anways.

14. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    yeah, no deal seems to be easy in China. They originally purchased him almost a month ago, then he went for his medical and found out he'd probably be out up to half the season, but now Jiangsu agreed to it anyways and the deal is final.

Guoan has also finalized a purchase, picking up Andrija Kaluđerović of Red Star.

15. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    While were still talking about old news, none of the teams involved in the current match-fixing scandle will be relegated. When the new CSL schedule came out I believe the CFA stated that they will only be pursuing the individuals involved and not the clubs.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/c/2012-01-31/12585924836.shtml

16. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    The big news of the day (and I'm proud to say WEF had it before Reuters, Sky, the Daily Mail and all other English sources) is that Shanghai Shenhua are in talks with Matthew Upson and a deal is close. As a Beijing fan, this is scary news because even with Anelka, I never really counted Shenhua among the contenders this year, but if they can get Upson, that might be enough to make up for their shite goaltending and solidify their crappy defense.

17. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Tianjin Teda beat Rad Beograd 2-0

18. gold4278

gold4278 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why did Liaoning pull out of the AFC Champions League?

19. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Is Shanghai still in talks with Drogba? I have a feeling Zhu Jun is crazy enough to bring in the real 魔兽 to promote his new World of Warcraft-like game "Firefall" (made by the original team that made WoW and one of the most anticipated games this year according to various sources).

20. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Apparently Zhu Jun is still in talks with Drogs' agents, but he has dropped hints in social media that the chances are becoming slimmer because of the big money offers from other clubs which will come in summer. Might just be Zhu trying to be misleading, but I personally think Drogba will likely end up in Russia or back in France (PSG).

21. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    There is zero chance Drogba will come now, there is a very small chance he'll come on a free in the summer, but I can't see Shenhua outbidding all the competition, plus the last thing they need is a third striker. News is they may be setting their sights higher than just bringing in Upson, they're now trying to sign Rio Ferdinand.

22. Ironthumb

Ironthumb Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Jiangsu, China
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some pre-season action from Jiangsu Sainty and Tianjin. I should warn you that all my findings come via google translate and my Chinese fiancée..

NK Maribor (Slovenia) 3-1 Jiangsu
    Jiangsu 2-1 Red Star Belgrade, afterwards when asked about the match the head coach of Red Star said something along the lines of, "Dumb match, just stupid"
    Tianjin 1-0 Red Star

23. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  24. Ironthumb

Ironthumb Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Jiangsu, China
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three weeks before the season starts, these fans wake up to realize they don't have a team any more. Talk about a raw deal. First Xi'an, then Nanchang. Who's next? :confused:

25. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I've yet to see it announced that the move is official, but it looks pretty clear.

Actually, there are problems in Qingdao. The league just did a walk through of CSL grounds and they found Qingdao's lacking. The team has to find a new venue ASAP, move to another city, or play all their games as road games. Why a stadium that was perfectly okay last year no longer meets standards is beyond me...

The league also had a problem with Yuexiushan Stadium in Guangzhou, which Fuli was planning on using...