Chinese Super League/AFC Champions League 2012

Discussion in 'China' started by greenlion, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Transfermarkt gives the suspected value of the players if they were sold in the open market, not the salary as far as I know.

I do believe there is a FIFA or AFC documents that breaks down the top Asian leagues in terms of salaries, revenues, expenses, etc.

http://www.the-afc.com/en/resources...oject/76-pro-leagues-clubs-financial-analysis

You have to download the report, lots of cool shit.

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    temporary no words dude, and i don't think it will change in the future.

some managers argue that the 3+1 is hampering the development of Chinese players.

3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, that is the argument all over the world, It comes down to quantity over quality.

The better the players you go against the better you get, but the less opportunities for those that may not be as good as the foreigner.

At the end it comes down to a power struggle between the League team owners and the federation, no really good answer for this.

4. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    You should rewrite it in this manner: "Some foreign managers argue that that's hampering the develepemnt of thier and their friendly player's manager's bank accounts."

5. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Zhang Yuan, the quick Olympics player, is linked with newly promoted Fuli.

Zhang Chengdong, is linked with Bayern Munich and Fuli. The striker worth 10 million RMB (Chinese: 一千萬). Link: http://sports.163.com/11/1212/08/7L2DRG7500051CCO.html

For the Bayern Munich transfer, there is a Chinese company who is willing to sponsor the transaction, but there is no guaranteed playing time.

6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sun Xiang married his sweetheart, the girl that I 重口味-ly think she is good looking. :(

[​IMG]

If Zheng Zhi bothers to wear a belt, he would look much better.

[​IMG]

7. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sun Xiang and his twin brother, Sun Ji.

[​IMG]

The wedding vehicle, yup, Rolls Royce.

[​IMG]

8. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    CONFIRMED: Anelka signed for Shanghai Shenhua.

http://wildeastfootball.net/2011/12...-joins-shanghai-shenhua-on-two-year-contract/

pretty surprising i would say, providing anelka could still play in europe for couple more years. now show those chinese goalkeepers how to take a proper penalties :D (anelka doesn't run when he takes penalties lol)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXBcoUjxmU8"]Chelsea 3-4 Newcastle United - Nicolas Anelka Penalty - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGWQxsWuCSw"]ANELKA GOAL! Penalty kick: Chelsea 2 - 0 Marseille - YouTube[/ame]

9. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is supposed to earn €10 million per year? That's really an obscene amount of money. I don't think he is worth that much anyway.

10. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Taiwanese captain Chen Po-liang, formerly played for Hong Kong's TSW Pegasus, is linked with Beijing Baxy.

11. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    This is an excellent comparison as its much like that, a likely waste of money if we're talking about on the pitch performance.

The thing is, unlike with Beckham to the MLS, attendance figures and selling jerseys doesn't matter very much to Shenhua.

12. zuqiu85

zuqiu85 Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi chengb02,

Great article on WEF. However, there was a quote that I was confused about. You said:
    "We are not like American soccer fans here at WEF and we don’t think the arrival of Anelka will suddenly turn a middling Shenhua side into champions."
    As a Galaxy fan, I am pretty confident that seeing how long it took for Beckham to win the MLS cup (5 years) has demonstrated to everyone in America that adding a single star player can't change a team from mediocre to great. Were you referring to American soccer fans nowadays, or to some of the American soccer fans around the time Beckham first came to the US?

13. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I thought Zhu Jun is always having financial problems, hence the selling of Riasco, Du Wei, and Gao Lin. Shenhua dropped from 3rd to 11th because of it. How in the world is he going to pay Anelka that kind of wage?

14. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Must be the revenues from an underground World of Warcraft gold-farming operation :D

15. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I'm having a bad week of blogging and this is yet another example. It was originally meant as a shot at a large group of US "fans" and the media who didn't fully understand soccer and thought the arrival of David Beckham would automatically lead LA to titles. Obviously it took a lot more than just Beckham before that happened.

The money from this purchase came from the Shanghai sports bureau and the government, which owns a part of Shenhua. The sell offs haven't always been financial issues, it's been more internal team conflicts and Zhu's misplaced confidence in his side. I don't think Riascos wanted to stay, it wasn't that Zhu sold him.

16. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Chelsea's Didier Drogba linked to Shanghai Shenhua, potential second big signing?

17. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Shenhua's management has already said there is no chance they will purchase Anelka.

18. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Shao Jiayi joins Beijing Guo'an

19. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Jan Versleijen signed to coach Henan Jianye

one year contract, salary 500k USD

2012 CSL Coaches

Code:
    Club                     Coach               Country        Salary (per year)
    Beijing Guo’an          Jaime Pacheco        Portugal       $2.2m (coaching team)
    Dalian Shide            Nelo Vingada         Portugal       $2m (coaching team)
    Hangzhou Greentown      Okada Takeshi        Japan          $1,570,931(coaching team)
    Guangzhou R&F           Sérgio Farias        Brazil         $1,500,000(coaching team)
    Guangzhou Evergrande    Lee Jang-Soo         South Korea    $785,466
    Henan Jianye            Jan Versleijen       Netherlands    $500,000
    Changchun Yatai         Svetozar Šapurić     Serbia         $500,000
    Shanxi Chanba           Gao Hongbo           China          $471,279
    Dalian Aerbin           Chang Woe-Ryong      South Korea    $300,000
    Jiangsu Sainty          Dragan Okuka         Serbia         $263,762
    Liaoning Whowin         Ma Lin               China          $125,675
    Nanchang Hengyuan       Zhu Jiong            China           $62,837
    Qingdao Jonoon          Vacant
    Shandong Luneng         Vacant
    Shanghai Shenhua        Vacant
    Tianjin Teda            Vacant
    Jan Versleijen signed to coach Chinese Super League club

English.news.cn 2011-12-12 15:21:08

ZHENGZHOU, China, Dec. 12 (Xinhua) -- Dutchman Jan Versleijen formally took over as head coach of the Chinese Super League (CSL) club Henan Jianye located in Central China's Henan province, said the club on Monday.

Jan Versleijen, former coach of the Australian U20 national team, quit the position in last November, after three and a half years and one Under 17, two Under 20 World Cup cycles.

"Versleijen has rich experience in training young players, and he is familiar with Asian football because he once managed some clubs in Asia", said the manager of Henan Jianye club.

Born in Venlo, Versleijen had managed a number of teams in his native Netherlands and also coached throughout Asia, managing teams in Japan, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.

Versleijen with an assistant signed only one year with Henan Jianye club, and will lead the team to train on Dec. 16 in Kunming, the capital of Southwest China's Yunnan province.

On Noverber 8, Versleijen led Australian youth team to beat China 3-0 in a 2012 AFC U19 Championship qualifier.

Last year, another Chinese Super League club Beijing Guo'an considered to invite Versleijen as its coach, and communicated with him, but at last, the club chose Jaime Pacheco.

Henan Jianye, a professional team founded in 1994, ranked the 13th of the 16 clubs in the Chinese Super League last season.

20. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    you meant drogba right? :p

21. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    argh,I have Anelka on the brain this week, yes Drogba. I am excited to hear the news of Shao, finally a player who sticks to his word.

22. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  23. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france