Chief Executive Douche at AIG Says "Work Till Your Dead, Suckas!"

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cascarino's Pizzeria, Jun 4, 2012.

1. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    puttputtfc repped this.
  2. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Thanks for the link tom. I could play on that site for hours.

3. NGV

NGV Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Good question.

Consider the Nikkei 225 - down since 1983, and down over 75% (!) since 1989. If that kind of thing can happen in the second-largest developed country economy, seems like it could happen anywhere.

4. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I had to follow up this one. I talked to my mother-in-law. She wanted to volunteer at the local hospital. They wouldn't take her. I asked why. She said that the hospital used to take senior volunteers, but several of them screwed up so badly that the hospital won't do that any more.

She tried to volunteer at a retirement home. Same answer, same reason. She tried to volunteer at a third place. It didn't take seniors either.

Companies won't take the seniors on the books for free. Never mind pay them. So if this is your retirement plan, I sincerely suggest that you look for Plan B.

5. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    In other CEO news, UBS tells Chairman of the Americas to cool it with his love-fest for Obama:

One of the biggest banks in the world wants the president’s favorite banker muzzled.

The banker, Robert Wolf, a top UBS executive in New York, is among President Obama’s leading fund-raisers, building more than $500,000 for his re-election so far this year.

A regular presence at big campaign fund-raisers, Mr. Wolf, who is 50, golfs and vacations with Mr. Obama and is known for e-mailing friends photos of himself with the president.

While such a close relationship might have been envied by other bankers in 2008, when much of Wall Street was infatuated with Mr. Obama and donated heavily to his presidential bid, it has been making other UBS executives uneasy of late.

The president’s relationship with financial executives has been decidedly chilly after some critical comments about bankers and the administration’s push on financial regulation.

With media reports pointing out that one of the bank’s top executives is also one of the Obama campaign’s top bundlers — a word that one UBS executive said “makes people’s hair stand on end” inside the bank — the Swiss banking giant has decided to take an unusual step.

The bank’s powerful group executive board in Zurich recently presented Mr. Wolf with an edict directing him to report all his media inquiries to the firm’s press office. Since then, most of the requests to speak to Mr. Wolf have been rejected, according to people briefed on the situation, resulting in a much dimmer limelight for Mr. Wolf.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/06/20/bosses-rein-in-banker-who-golfs-with-obama/?hp