Chicharito Javier Hernandez at Manchester United FC Vol. VII [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by CyberAce100, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    doblete del Chicharo?

NICE! :cool:

2. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    12 goals in all competitions this season, I thinking he will get at least 3 more. Pretty good for him considering he was injured at the start of the season and that he could not get a lot of games because of the good form Welbeck had.

3. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Man for some reason this guy looks awkward as hell now when he gets the ball....to me it was never as noticeable before.

Im not a one of those link up play Nazis either....but goddamn to me it seems like he has regressed on his ball control since i used to sometimes see him with chivas and even the NT.

If you look at the counter he started where i think valencia scored....dude got the ball and was basically tripping over it like a noob. Its probably the effect of all that work out ,run fast, and put the ball in the air tactics they teach in England.

Least the guy is still as effective....almost bagged a hattrick

4. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Really? I think his ball control has improved significantly. Does he still fack up here and there? yeah, but it's gotten a lot better.

5. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    I dunno....but like against the Colombia game i noticed it too.

Maybe because thats been the prevailing topic around him lately?

fuhkit...as long as the goals keep coming.

6. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He was control was good against Colombia. Remember that one long pass from Rafa were he was fouled?

7. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    What does this mean? /Not a personal attack, speaking in general.

See this is what I mean when I say, no matter how garbage USA can be, Mexico is still a part of concacaf, and made up phrases like "link up play Nazi" show a problem with the thinking.

8. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Um its just a general spur of the moment tag to get across the point that i understand a players contributions on the field can still be valid even if they aren't ronaldinho on the ball.......unlike some of the grossly exaggerated opinions that come about when talking about chicharos link up play.

I think you just got too philosophical about nothing.......

9. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Nah, you prove my point with that Ronaldinho analogy. Speaking of grossly exaggerated...

His touch/ball control isnt as good as some of our defenders, let alone the rest of our strikers. Nobody is asking him to be Ronaldinho.

10. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    You have no point, you're just reaching for some world view message out of absolutely nothing. USA...Concacaf..Somethings wrong with how we think....from THAT-_-?

You do realize thats on purpose right? With that said I still dont get what your getting at though? The Ronaldinho analogy is there to make it blatantly obvious to YOU, since your struggling as to what i mean with the Nazi comment, which was in reference to how i don't share that thought process in spite of my observations of chicharo. Its not like its a myth that it exists...people nowadays think that the only path to be a good striker is being a ronaldinho-esque player on the ball. Should i link you to redcafe or the ManU subforum?

Again how does that totally irrelevant situation translate into some type of thought process complex in your mind?

11. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Yes, please link me to a post on the MUFC forum that a fan expects Cheech to be like Ronaldinho on the ball.

Equating consistent simple ball control [re: fans expectations of Cheech] with Ronaldinho tells the whole story.

12. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Again why are you holding on to that so rigidly? That choice of words was to make it unmistakeably painfully obvious as to what i was saying....since YOU asked because YOU didn't get the point. That ronaldinho example is me drawing you a clear cut picture so that you finally get it, period.

I don't get why your now trying to get into a semantics battle as if i'm the one saying stupid shit, when your the pendejo sensationalizing a harmless choice of words when everyone else was capable of understanding for what it was and kept it moving.

^^Then you pull some type of out of left field hindsight message about the state of "thinking" around here straight up out of your ass with zero substance behind it, and instead of explaining yourself you get caught up with the choice of words i used to help the slow kid in the thread (you) get whats going on.

God damn....

13. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    So you dont have any links? Thought so.

Im not sensationalizing anything. You are making the points for me. You started your posting here, complaining about his touch. Then you say this...

twice!

14. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    So you completely disregard everything i just said in reference to what you insist on? A little reading comprehension would make said links unnecessary.

15. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    You were the one who brought the USA and CONCACAF out of nowhere.

16. MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP

MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 9, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I understood Baysic's comment as a reference to Man U supporters who no matter what Cheeech does they see him as not good enough because of his less than stellar link up play, forgetting the fact he's actually a lethal finisher hence the link -up Nazis comment , I think everyone but you got the comment haha

17. MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP

MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 9, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Well there's still time I say he gets atleast another 5 which would put him at 17 total (15 PL ) not bad all things considered next year has to be his breakout year. I see him getting 30+ all competitions if healthy and starting.

18. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    You are the one who offered them.

This exaggeration is the cause of all of this.

I understand the comment. My point is that, its stupid to say that because no one on our board [I havent seen any MUFC fans say] thinks he's not good enough.

Is it wrong to expect cheech to control, hold the ball and then find a teammate and give him the ball when someone passes it to him?

Link up play Nazi? You might as well say proper football nazi.

19. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You fishing, guy?

20. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    maybe?

:(

21. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I only saw the first half and Chicharito wasn't that bad in my opinion. In fact that first goal originated with him. Can't speak for the second half, but 2 goals...? Some players wish they could get those goals when they're playing good.

Good or bad Chicharito is doing what he was hired to do. Not as frequently as last season but still.

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    His control and link up play was excellent versus WBA, but he was pretty bad at holding the ball versus Wolves :confused:. I'm not 100% sure what the real issue was, but I don't think he enjoyed being the main target of ruff treatment from the Wolves CB's. He did what he's expected to do though, which is finish, and with Valencia back we should expect to see plenty more of that too.

Did anybody else notice SAF experiment with a 4-3-3 in the second half?

23. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    GTFO with that Concacaf shit.

24. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+