Chicharito Javier Hernandez at Manchester United FC Vol. IX [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think the English TV station had Welbeck as MOTM. hahahahahahahahahahahaha GTFO!

El Jalisciense, El Chanclas and Robama repped this.
  2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Kagawa completed 91% of his passes. More than any other player.

Phantomengineer89 repped this.
  3. Blu.

Blu. Member+

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How many of those were more than 5 feet? You know why it seems liked whenever Kagawa loses the ball it led to a Liverpool counter attack, because he never tries anything forward.

Robama repped this.
  4. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

The 5 yard passes were sort of a theme in the first half [apart from cross field switches]. We outplayed Liverpool for 70 minutes by passing around them at pace. Look at the first goal. That was instigated from a 5 yard passes to free Evra up down the left flank.

This was one of our better performances. Liverpool didnt create a real chance till after the 2nd half. Suarez only had one shot. We dominated them for the majority of the game. -----------------

Looks like Cheech starts vs. West Ham though.

Phantomengineer89 repped this.
  5. Hdez.Marcos

Hdez.Marcos Member+

Apr 7, 2010
    Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol. didn't watch.

Mr.Black and El_Huero repped this.
  6. El Chanclas

El Chanclas Member+

Nov 21, 2008
    What a bunch of poppycock! I remember Mcmanaman crucifying CH for missing some opportunities like Welbeck in the Newcastle game and not getting any slack. MOTM my ass.

7. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's because Arsenio has a great first touch. And did you see the way his ass touched the pitch today? It was truly majestic, those are kills you can't teach.

8. MexiKampeon

MexiKampeon Member+

Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Urkel is incredibly coddled by English media & fans... BUT SAF is no idiot at his current rate of productivity, Urkel is on his way to QPR, Watford or Crystal Palace

9. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    good thing i didn't wake up early for this shit

10. Rush1862

Rush1862 Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Eat fresh (Sub.guey)

SoDamnSmooth repped this.
  11. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like the"link up" master had another brilliant performance.

Luls just realized welbeck kinda looks like one of Ankhenaten's daughters.. ********ed up head and all

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

El Jalisciense and ...In my defense repped this.
  12. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    R U upset guise?? Your tears are delicious
    [​IMG]

:D

Seriously though, I was sure Cheech was going to get playing time. Ratface Suarez couldn't come through. :thumbsdown:

13. El Yucateco

El Yucateco Member

Nov 1, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2013/January/13/ferguson-praises-fantastic-welbeck/

I really don't think welbeck's going anywhere, since he's held in high regard at Old Trafford. And I've never been among those that have called for cheech to move to another team, but I'm sure that he's frustrated for not being more directly rewarded for his hard work and his good form. I'm also sure that there are a number of attractive, willing suitors who would love to have him.

Few players other than cheech would handle it as professionally as he does.

On the bright side, he doesn't get overworked by the time he arrives with El Tri. For all we know, Sir Alex is intentionally limiting his playing time since he's got qualifiers and the Confederations' Cup this year. He was very vocal in stating earlier this year that chicharo's improved form was largely due to having a "proper rest" in the summer. (I still think that his dip in form last year had more to do with the concussion he suffered early in the season than anything else)

14. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If I where Cheech, I'd ask to be sold to a team where he can play full 90 every game. It's crystal clear Ferguson is not going to use him vs big teams unless its Chelsea. Shoot I know milan is looking for a striker of Cheech's capabilities, they need someone to help El Shazaarwy. It sucks seeing him go cold, how is he supposed to stay in form if he doesn't play?

Robama and El Jalisciense repped this.
  15. turibird

turibird Member+

Jun 1, 2008
    Juarez
    imo this is a huge lack of respect for chich. I remember last season chich had a few bad games and was relegated to bench for almost the whole season while welbeck was good not great.. this season chich is tearing it up with already as many goals as welbs had last season and more assists.. It is only fair for cheech to be awarded a start in arguably top 5 biggest games of the season since it is a huuuge rivalry and instead is relegated to the bench replaced by urkel who litterallly doesnt do shieett.

ohhh but urkels workrate and defense is greaaaaaaat. dont give methat bull, he doenst do shit for the attack he might as well plays as right back but even then evrra is scoring more haha woow he reminds of el venado. a lot of flash hardwork but absolutley no endproduct

Robama repped this.
  16. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They won, right?

I like to pile on arsenio as much as the next guy but as long as they keep winning there is no reason to complain. this is the life of a 3rd striker at a world class team. chicharo will have plenty of games.

Cevno and z0mb1e repped this.
  17. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

It is if your not a fan of the team though. lol And most of us watch that team to catch a glimpse of Chicharito every weekend. So the weekend we don't we're pissed. It doesn't hurt anyone for us to be pissed, hell, I understand that the manager has to do whatever he has to for his club.... we're just venting here cause Chicharo has been scoring and playing well and he's getting displaced by someone who in my opinion isn't as great and doesn't do as good as people say he does.

Es pura espuma ese wey (Arsenio) diria mi abuelito.

ax77, shinymetalbrass and turibird repped this.
  18. Lalo37

Lalo37 Member+

Jan 29, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I tend to agree. You also have to look at the strategy that the coach wants to use. If he wants to have ball possession, avoid the long ball, etc, you want guys on the field that can do that. No offense to our boy but he is not a hold up possession type of player, he is a quick hitter who relies mostly on the long ball or crosses.

Now, I have no clue what SAF's strategy was for this game (I didn't watch) but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that leaving Cheech on the bench was not a personal insult at him but more of a tactical decision.

z0mb1e repped this.
  19. turibird

turibird Member+

Jun 1, 2008
    Juarez
    its obvious that Fergie has nothing against cheech as you can tell by the way he celebrates his goals and the way he talks about him... this leads the only logical conclusion that the old man is loosing it...

and arguing that it was a good idea to play him since they won is faulty.. if venado medina played and they won would that have justified him playing?? no

20. and1football

and1football Member+

Nov 10, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Welbeck just offers more in defense than Cheech. He drops deep and is good at linking up to create counter attacks. Obviously, Alien needs to learn how to finish or make better decisions in the box, but I can see why Ferguson picks Welbeck sometimes.

Cevno repped this.
  21. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Welbeck does not drop back.

22. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    I wish more BSMX'ers had the same opinion as you because focccckkkk...do they bitch about the lamest shit ever...welbeck and "if cheech doesn't play then man u needs to lose *hissy fit*". no mamen ustedes.

benni..., bajacalifas and Rush1862 repped this.
  23. Juturna67

Juturna67 Member+

Chelsea
    Mexico
    Aug 14, 2011
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chicharito doesn't play - lets just insult Welbeck even though it isn't his fault.

benni..., ipaman and El_Huero repped this.
  24. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Surprised to see both kagawa and welbeck start but overall I thought shinji had a good game and welbeck did his part although it's obvious he's lacking confidence.

25. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Maybe I'm biased.... I am biased but I don't think Welbeck drops back to defend and be part of the build up as much as people give him credit for.