Chicago v Metro (R)

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hangthadj, Jul 27, 2002.

1. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Honestly is Petke the most overated defender in MLS? The guy is a total clown, I don't understand why he gets the recognition he does. He would fit in well with our defenders.
    Chicago is looking tough, but maybe the Metro will be completely demoralized coming into the wed night game for us midweek. And Diallo went of with an injury which is definately nice for us if he still is injured.

2. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    funny, they just said something about how bradley would want his players to entertain the home fans...

if only we were so lucky...

3. scott tann

scott tann New Member

Mar 30, 2002
    columbus, OH
    petke had an absolutely terrible game.

4. 3stripe

3stripe Member

Indy Eleven
    Oct 14, 2001
    Brickyard Battalion
    it wasn't just petke that had a bad team....they all did. it all started with faria's dive in the corner about 8 minutes in....downhill from there.

to make the afternoon even more enjoyable, the attendance was 14, 756.....of which about 14, 000 were polish fans celebrating their heritage by wearing wool costumes in the 90 degrees and 100% humidity weather. im not sure how they managed to survive the whole game.

5. 3stripe

3stripe Member

Indy Eleven
    Oct 14, 2001
    Brickyard Battalion
    something else to make you laugh....the fire were handing out mini hand-held battery-operated fans ... my dad got one, and then proceeded to get all my hair stuck in it while he was sitting in back of me. a bunch of polish kids were laughing at me. thanks, dad.

6. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    So THATS why the crowd was so involved...

7. 3stripe

3stripe Member

Indy Eleven
    Oct 14, 2001
    Brickyard Battalion
    yep...you should see all the split ends i have now..

on another note...here's another reason why we should never do the wave: the fire fans did it today. they looked silly.

8. swittler

swittler Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Columbus
    hey 3stripe i wish i was there to laugh at you

9. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The wave is for the mexies. That and their bad water, let them keep it.