Chelsea v The Arsenal [Premier League]-Match Thread-22 Mar 2014

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Darth Norteño, Mar 18, 2014.

1. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been away for days and had little time for footy or this forum. I did try to watch the match on replay via the NBC Sports streaming website. Sadly they ruined any suspense or delusions of success I might have had by spoiling the result via a headline I tried my hardest not to read "Wenger blames himself for..."

So just in case I misinterpreted that I switched to NBC's phone app, which forced me to start over every time my phone went into sleep, but thankfully it didn't do spoilers, at least not as obviously as the website. And sure enough, the spoiler was confirmed... within a 5-6 mins I think the game was over.

A few days later I came home and watched the 2nd half on DVR. And the adjectives I came away with were: pathetic, impotent, embarrassing.

Now we take on Swansea... strikes me as going to be a very tough one for Wenger to get his guys motivated. Sure hope I'm wrong about that!

2. teamcaptain

teamcaptain New Member

Mar 22, 2014
    It's not a matter of players - perhaps 1 or 2 in key positions wouldn't hurt. The problem is the management; the whole backroom needs a facelift, starting with the Manager.

I will almost bet my life on it that if we had say a Mourinho in charge we would of won atleast 1 title in the last 9 years with exactly the same squad.

3. bandwagongooner

bandwagongooner Member+

Dec 9, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your capitalization of Manager made me think of this.

[​IMG]

WoodDraw and Super Llama repped this.
  4. teamcaptain

teamcaptain New Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Heh, let's face it, Arsenal could do a lot worse than have me Manage them - they could renew Arsene's contract...