Chelsea Moanin : Little Horses in the Champions League - OTT 27 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by usscouse, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Manure have a big advantage in the Prem and CL race. Not having to play any FA Cup matches gives them time to concentrate.
    JM

liverbird and lcstriker11 repped this.
  2. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think he could have won both. He has disgracefully underestimated his team both games by making them park the bus.

They scored 4 and conceded 5 in those 2 matches. They scored 3 and conceded 0 while playing nice balanced football. They scored 1 and conceded 5 while parking the bus.

With Holtby and Kvist in that midfield they are way better than he thought they were. Had he played normal football throughout those two matches, that 1 point coulda been 6, or at least 3 or 4. I think he fully deserved his sacking...and I thought Clarke and Laudrup's sackings were unfair.

5. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He's only been in charge since December and of his 13 league games 8 has been against the Leagues top 10.

It's an incredibly poor decision by the chairman, why let the manager bring in 6 players on the 31st January only to sack him a few games later. Does Magath want the new Greek signing, will he know anything about the 2 United kids Rene got, does he know anything about the English game?

and that peach of a quote was from Holtby last year.

EruditeHobo and liverbird repped this.
  6. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Ok perhaps the chairman is an idiot for his decisions leading up to the sacking, but the was Meulensteeb pissed away those last two results was quite Bush League.

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm sorry, pissed away? They scrapped a tie at the Skip when it could have very well been an ugly loss. They lost to us but I wouldn't say that was down to their negative play. We're just that much better and executed well :D

Now, if this would have happened after the Sheffield loss at home, that's another story...

8. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holders Wigan are 1-0 at Cardiff City. Lots of empty seats and no real atmosphere at all.

9. LiverpoolFanatic

Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wigan's Watson with a really special goal to go 2-1 up at Cardiff. A thunderous free kick from a long way out. It went past the keeper like a laser beam.

10. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think this Cardiff team would be better if they still had Malky Mackay managing them. That sacking was along the same lines as Clarke's sacking and Laudrup's sacking in terms of being unfair and ridiculously short-sighted.

11. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

What I mean is, he should of at least realized after the Man U game that his players were far better than he thought they were. Also of note is that if you concede 2 goals in quick succession like that when parking the bus, then you as a manager have made a really bad mistake. Fulham were the better team in both matches in periods where they were playing football (There was only about half an hour total of that between the two, but the stats definitely speak for themselves).

This is the Premier League, you can't be making those kinds of managerial mistakes. And after Liverpool clawed back in the first half, they ought to have known better than to play the 9-0-1 again in the second half. Instead, they came out parking the bus once again, scored a really bizarre lucky goal, but otherwise it was like in the Man U game, a complete and utter tactical failure.

To me anyways it was evident in those two matches that Meulensteen is not a Premier League manager, however with the players they have now, I think Fulham is one of the better relegation fighters, and I'm not as convinced they're going down as everyone else seems to be.

12. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    One could argue that teams who have actually tried to play football against us have got their teeth kicked in whereas the one's who have parked the bus/hacked/put 4 guys on Suarez have frustrated us. I'm glad it didn't work out for them this time, but if not for a silly foul in the box at the death, they could have had 2 draws against a Premier League powerhouse and a once great Premier League team :D. Not bad for a team in 20th.

13. LiverpoolFanatic

Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jovetic gets a yellow for one of the most absurd dives I've ever seen. Still 1-0 to City. Hoping for 1-1 so Jozay can complain some more about playing so many matches.

Cody667 repped this.
  14. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Chelsea Moanin (well, people who remember Joni Mitchell would get it - there's 7 of us left)

liverbird repped this.
  15. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't know. I thought WBA and Villa both came to play against us. As did Hull in both games they played us, and they took 3 of 6 because of it. I also thought Norwich and West Ham parked the bus when we killed them at home.

16. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This! (I'm one of the seven).

17. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So...Citeh beats Chel$ki 2-0 in the FA Cup...with city to play Barca in three days, while Chel$ki have another week before they play CL against Galatasaray...hmmmm

18. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Both teams have very large, full-of-quality squads so can't complain, either way.

19. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm getting tired of these Oil Classicos between Chelski and Citeh. For all the hype they get, they just aren't very exciting.

Even the El Ca$hico between Monaco and PSG last week was better.

20. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    And that was a snoozefest!

I've given up on the 27 Spanish el Classico's per season as well.

Wingtips1 and Cody667 repped this.
  21. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Too bad they didn't draw. An extra match might have taken a bit more starch out of them and given moaning Mourine more to wail about.

CB-West repped this.
  22. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    swansea with a Distin-esque back pass that gives everton a 2nd goal....I'm actually on the mind set that any extra games for those around us is a good thing.

Everton up 2-1 with 20' to play.

(was hoping for a draw with City and Arsenal yesterday).

23. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on Swans

24. LiverpoolFanatic

Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But have you given the Chivas v Club America el clasico a chance? :) Viva Mexico!

owian and usscouse repped this.
  25. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC