Champions League Semi Finals: April 22nd, 2014- Club Atletico de Madrid vs Chelsea FC - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Apr 20, 2014.

1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    game on FSC 1 at 2:45 p.m. EST

game on Fox Deportes at 2:45 p.m. EST

game on Fox Soccer 2 Go at 2:45 p.m. EST

2. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    FS1 now, fern. Fox Sports One. Things changed a bit around New Year's.

Anyway, I think, as usual, the team plays big in this game and then we finish them off at the Bridge. That's my belief. Now if we were playing Crap Town FC, we'd struggle, play like donkeys and lose. :eek:

3. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oh joy...more football....

4. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    2-0 first leg win please!

5. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't think we will score. Will be happy with a 0-0 or a 1-0 loss. Then take them at the bridge. (Hopefully)

6. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
  7. BluePict

BluePict Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  8. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Such doom and gloom after one loss. 1-1 for me.

9. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I was being sarcastic! I'm looking forward to Jose calling out shoddy officials in this one. Should lead to some good discussion.

10. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The point is the loss was coming. I think we escaped the last 2 months with mediocre performance which finally caught up. I actually wasn't too destroyed this Saturday as I saw it coming.

11. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The fact it came at home is the worst for me. The Bridge is still a fortress. It was an odd game. Seems like a good time to start some new history as next season will see a new vigor and relentlessness at the striker position.

12. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Per Chelsea, 20 guys going to Madrid. Hazard healthy enough. Van Ginkel, too. Ake, Kalas.

Petr Cech, Mark Schwarzer, Hilario, David Luiz, Gary Cahill, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Nathan Ake, Cesar Azpilicueta, Tomas Kalas, Marco Van Ginkel, Ramires, Frank Lampard, Oscar, John Mikel Obi, Eden Hazard,Willian, Andre Schurrle, Fernando Torres, Demba Ba

Enough with 3 keepers. The odds are so low we'd get to a 3rd keeper. I don't know why managers still carry 3 each game. If you're to that point, you've got bigger problems. Plus, Terry.

13. BluePict

BluePict Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Cech might still have a 'touch of the flu' . . .Could put Terry between the sticks.Rush goalie maybe?

Champions League semi-final - not many make it this far. I fancy us to get to the final and then . . .well in the final who knows? But before I count all the chickens we have to get past a very strong side. But it is a game of two halves, its a funny old game and it only takes a moment to score a goal. . .

Rip Van Ginkel? Time to unleash a new secret weapon? Mix it up a bit? Eto'o not in the 20. . .so Torres do you think he might 'feel at home' here and put in a performance?

14. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    We are facing a better version of ourselves. Not sure how this is going to pan out.

15. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^pretty much

16. Cletis

Cletis Member+

Jul 12, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Odd that Eto'o is not making the trip to Madrid. I've got a feeling Mourinho is still managing the team with a view to win at Anfield.

17. BluePict

BluePict Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  18. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3779156/title/take-off-for-spain

Cletis repped this.
  19. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  20. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He really has no interest in our club, does he? I guess he hasn't even been watching our games. He says Chelsea are the favorites. LOL

21. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No.

22. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think Jose has mentioned a few times that he only likes to play Eto'o at home, as it's the only place he can score consistently.

23. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    well yes, but there's more to it than that. Eto'o is better in tight spaces and against packed defenses whereas if Torres is going to have a chance to be effective it's going to be away from home when we are set up more to counter at speed and running at defenses. so if you are going to be forced to rotate strikers, which we are, it kind of has to be based on that a little bit. plus, if anything will give Torres motivation to play well, it should be playing in his spiritual "home".

24. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
  25. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    A team of our experience in the CL will always be a favorite against the likes of Atletico, even when they're doing as well as they are in La Liga.