Champions League Semi-Final: April 18, 2012 - FC Barcelona v. Chelsea FC - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, Barca were very clean, in fact. We'll see if it's still that way with ten minutes left next week! I do think Drogba was saying, 'hey we can do this too if you get started'.

2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was better than some of them have been but there were a few question marks I guess. It's gonna be bloody hard for us to go through even now but at least there's a game in store and not something that's already been decided.

Personally I don't have too much against Barca... it's all the numpties that surround them that I can't stand. These dipshits that keep wittering on about 'anti-football' and similar nonsense. They know so little about the game they don't even realise that defending is PART of the game.

Personally I don't think that we played as well as we did in 2009 but we were beaten on that occasion by an idiotic ref. I suppose that's what you were referring to in your comment above. Let's just hope it continues into the next game and that Messi, Lamps, Ashley and Xavi decide the issue and not the officials.

3. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Er, yeah, it's only halftime. I'll semi-celebrate this one, but that match at Camp Nou will be epic. I'll still stay with Barca-Real for the final as my prediction.

4. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Everyone at work was talking about this Clasico final... I said it'll be Chelsea-Bayern.

5. scabdirisaq

scabdirisaq Member

Jun 24, 2007
    BK Park
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Somalia
    Tonight is going to be a good night! Anyone surprised about the Thiagos and Cuenca coming on when the game was still much in the balance... is nextgen barca upon us already?

6. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pretty much spot on. The way Terry and Lampard kept everything organized and even-keeled shows how important they are to this team. AVB-led Chelsea loses this game 4-0.

7. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    someone rep this guy

1 person likes this.
  8. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    This is a bit of a weird post, in their last two finals they beat the champions of England. :confused:

9. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    The ref and the bad blood that was at times taken to absurd extremes. I think the players generally treated each other with a lot of respect today.

10. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Manchester United are shit:)

I think a lot of that has to do with how the nature of the rivalry has changed. The fact that Chelsea were the only team who could stop Barca created an intense hatred. Barca know they're better now and seem to just want to get on with the game.

I think it will change back in Spain and we will see the typical cheating, whinging, diving, crying and totally unsportsmanlike version of Barca next week.

11. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Numpties is the correct word for a lot of their fans. What a bunch of blowhards. They make Yanited fans look modest. Some are nice, however.

Job is only half done. Both sides face a loooooong 90 minutes in Spain.

12. herm2020

herm2020 Member

Nov 30, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Congratulations to Chelsea. Your boys played a terrific match and deserved the result. See y'all next week.

2 people repped this.
  13. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    Michael Carrick

14. skalomax

skalomax Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good game, your defense is smart and experienced.

See ya'll next week.

3 people repped this.
  15. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    dont know what all this panic was about

I knew this would be a comfortable win

(runs away very fast....

but with a big smile on my face)

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    From Barca's thread;
    "Speechless...almost. Honestly, how anyone can support a team that bunkers is beyond me. There should be a rule that after 10 minutes if the ball remains on the opponents side of the field they concede a penalty kick. "

Response from Madrid thread;
    "it appears that FIFA adopted those rules for the previous 5 games barca played..."

:D

Good stuff, right there...

17. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Thanks to the barca fans and their kind wordsn actually just came back from a pub that was 60/40 barca fans and they were surprisingly pleasant

Oh and ahahahahahhahaha iim the happoest man alive, so worth skipping work

18. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So proud of the defense, they defended to the death. Will need to do that again next week. I honestly think if we can get one goal next week, we advance. Please don't let the refs screw us, puulleeaase.

More set pieces, especially corners, could make all the difference we need.

Meanwhile, RDM will likely have to play Torres, Sturridge, Malouda, Bertrand and other fresh bodies Saturday vs Arsenal. Drogs has to be dragging.

19. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Congrats on the result. Rode your luck a bit at times but you have to against these and it was a good organised defensive effort. I think you'll score over there as well.

1 person likes this.
  20. sportscribe

sportscribe Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Lol funny post....equally funny rebut.

21. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Chelsea are playing with an air of vengeance, not fear...carefree!

22. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think the majority of the players have enormous respect for each other. Fellas like Xavi and Frank in particular know how hard their respective roles are and I couldn't help noticing they went out of their way to shake hands in the tunnel beforehand.

I suspect that Drogs and fellas like Busquets aren't that popular but, then again, although they appreciate their skills, I sometimes think their own players get annoyed with them too.

As for defenders like Puyol and JT I don't think there's any question but that they admire the others play. I'll tell you one thing... I wouldn't like to be the ball in a tackle between those two fellas :D

23. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know. I was looking to make sure he wasn't anywhere near! :D

24. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I still think they will score there, so we will need to score for sure.

25. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If we did score they'd need to get 3 to win it. Certainly 'doable' but might be hard for them.