PBP: Champions League: Manchester United v CFR Cluj; 05 December 2012

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by JC7rox, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, I never said otherwise.:confused:

2. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    - 433 would mean three players close to each other in midfield as opposed to what we're seeing now with two guys isolated in the middle of the pitch. that's a huge difference.
    - i would expect rooney to play on the left and van persie on the right if we do get lewa. it wouldn't be rooney with rvp and lewa om front of him. rooney and rvp don't play as 9s anyways.
    - i don't think that i ever implied that 433 absolutely meant 3 strikers but it can be done (e.g. barça with messi, henri, eto'o)

3. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
  4. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You are really serious with this, aren't you.

5. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I said it before, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get past the next round.

6. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Macheda on, so Diablo can have his a striker LW and a striker RW fantasy, it wont matter if we play Rooney LW or RVP LW or either RW because that is such a disfunctional team, only when a team is functional enough a scoring LW is a bonus addition like Podolski for Germany or Rooney when we had Tevez Ronaldo.
    Oh I forgot you rated Podolski ahead of Nani.

7. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    i'm slowly starting to think that our young prospects are in fact, very ordinary players - for big clubs, that is. clev, welbeck, hernandez, jones will probably end up as rotational squaddies at big clubs or they could choose to be featured players at clubs like everton and newcastle. i'm kinda accepting that now even though i had hopes for each one of them to be world class at some point.

jury is still out on powell and i'm holding hopes on smalling to be a terror CB once we phase out rio and vidic. he could be one of the best in the world.

8. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Giggs wants to take every free-kick...annoying.

9. googoo

googoo Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don't think we give a shit about this game to be honest. I mean, we're playing a whole half with Scholes and Giggs in central midfield.

10. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If Carrick goes down that is our midfield.

11. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You would be shocked if Fergie started a big match with this combo?

12. googoo

googoo Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Like the one we have this weekend? :)

Yes, absolutely.

If he has to, he'll use Rooney there before he fields the two oldies next to each other in the middle of the park.

13. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    The only team that I've seen use 3 out and out strikers in a 4-3-3 in the last few years was Newcastle United and even then it was temporary.

14. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have forgotten Vince, which one is it, even Newcastle were smart enough last year to make their three of Cisse poacher, Ba a more complete forward and of course HBA.

15. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Other pillar of our exemplary midfield enters, DARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREN FLETCHER.

16. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    i'll drop this conversation, it's not interesting and i'm not trying to convince you of anything. you're being intellectually dishonest by even implying that i would give a f-ck about where macheda plays or that a 433 would make sense for anyone else than the trio of players i mention.

you could have also mentioned that i raised that the possibility as the only formation that could work given that we seem to be going for lewa. i understand that being nuanced doesn't have the same shock value.

if you were honest, you'd also recall that i considered nani and podolski to be in the same tier (not elite). not that it has anything to do with what was being discussed. you seem to have a hard time focussing your arguments.

17. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So many poor basic passes.

18. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    And that particular 4-3-3 I was referring to didn't even have HBA in it. It was Ba-Cisse-Ameobi.

4-3-3 just doesn't work with 3 out and out strikers. Period.

Not in this day and age at least and certainly not at the highest levels.

19. googoo

googoo Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Classic Scholes there...

20. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And you think I am high and dishonest? Not even Arsenal fans who defend everything will defend Podolski. Go ask any German and he will tell what a piece of garbage Podolski is and how we laughed when ARsenal signed him for 10 m.
    You are commenting on a formation about Rooney LW and RVP RW and you think I am being dishonest on how that will work.

21. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Was it not Leon Best Ameobi and Ba? I could see a long ball game on that, beyond that I cant at all.

22. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Diable Rouge
    Sorry, just getting frustrated at where things are going.

23. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    you consider rooney and rvp to be out and out strikers? i don't. i mean, rooney almost plays anywhere but striker nowadays.

24. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    so who are our possible opponents?

25. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Fletcher would not get in most PL sides and neither would Scholes or Giggs, liabilities.