Champions League Final 2012

Discussion in 'Champions League' started by Chicharito352, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Chicharito352

Chicharito352 Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The final is Chelsea vs Bayern Munich. Me and my friends jokingly said both thinking it would be an el classico final. Any predictions? I am supporting chelsea the underdog. Firstly because no one though they would be in the final and secondly I'm a little upset bayern beat madrid.

2. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

I am a casual Chelsea fan, so I hope for a strong performance from an undermanned Blues side on May 19.

3-2 to Chelsea, Blues pulling away in second half.

1 person likes this.
  3. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think Chelsea are an underdog. On a neutral pitch it would be 50-50, now Bayern are slight favorites because of the home advantage (and maybe because they're only missing 3 players instead of Chelsea's 4 :rolleyes:).

4. footie101

footie101 Member

Feb 15, 2012
    California
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't be more disappointed about this final. Can't believe both Spanish teams are out. I guess I'm rooting for Chelsea. :mad:

5. Chicharito352

Chicharito352 Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think there the underdogs because I am pretty sure no one though they would make it that far. Chelsea are missing Terry the iconic captain and Meireles who I think is really important to the team (judging by the way they beat Barca).

Does anybody know if Bayern wins they will be the first to win in their own stadium?

6. BM-Hattrick

BM-Hattrick Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They will be the first team to do this after the introduction of the modern Champions League in 1992. In the predecessor, the old European Champions Clubs’ Cup, Real Madrid and Inter already won Finals in their own stadium.

7. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Although Bayern Munich is on my foes list, I think they will definitely be a heavy favorite considering they will have the "home-field" advantage as far as the crowd at Allianz-Arena (primarily a partisan German/Bundesliga/Bayern crowd) is concerned, but, you never know. I will be watching the match in the morning here on the US west coast, unless Joe Buck is calling it for FOX here in the States, hopefully, just like last year at Wembley they will use the Sky Sports (like FOX, Sky is also owned by NewsCorp) crew of Martin Tyler and Alan Smith for the PBP and color analysis, respectively.