Champions League Draw

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Aug 28, 2013.

1. scotholiday11

scotholiday11 Member

Nov 19, 2006
    My house
    Club:
    Southend United FC
    yeah I think this will be Cortuois last season with pathetico. but then what loan him out to another club? play him over cech?

2. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm not worried about Cortuois playing, I don't think he will make any insane mistakes where he will be bashed by the press. He earned his spot on the field, and helped them make the Semi's. I don't think we should make a big deal about it to be honest. You have to win the CL by beating the best sides, it's better to beat them with Cortouis at full strength then without him. Plus, it will be great experience for him.

Regarding Cech and Cortuois, I see Cortuois being our GK for 10+ years. Cech could still have 5-7 top years left, but he could also start declining soon. It's a difficult choice, but we won't be able to keep them both. With Cortuois, we don't know how he will do, but bring him on with Cech, let him be the #1 and if he shines and Cech wants to go than we can sell him. It's difficult to think about selling him but it may be the best thing for the club's long term future.

3. BluePict

BluePict Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yep, this is the only real answer - IF we stopped him from playing we'd be accused of all sorts. We would be accused of being unfair (which we wouldn't be, but that is what we'd be accused of being). Naughty Chelsea.
    IF he fecks up and lets us win. . .not going to happen.

We shall beat them.

We might even win this thing. . ..

4. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  5. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We have to contain at the Vincente Calderon. Can't have a repeat of the Parc du Princes. IMO Atleti have the best defense left. They also score at a clip similar to us. We however have experience as evidenced by the second leg last week.